Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Loyal Fan

He only did one really, and that wasnt that impressive sadly. Most of it was just them skiing down, no awesome tricks like i was expecting. Im pretty sure Ed did like this jumping 180 when they where going downhill

Bill Nighy was hilarious as always, even though it was a really small role. Best Dad ever and he and Brooke Shields where awesome together. I liked that no female character was a pure bitch in this movie, they all had there moments but they where portrayed as genuinely nice, caring women.

Bill Bailey was great, really great. Im so used to his dry wit and he was just a loveable, cuddable dad in this. He licks a frozen Sheppard's pie at one point which was rather funny. Although he and Felicity didn't have many scenes together they connected really well and even though he was at home and she was away he stayed relevant to the story all the way through. Naked Bill Bailey was well

It's a really well written and well casted movie, and I guarantee anyone who see's this movie will fall in love with the character Mikki, he's the one who trains Kim and he so lovable and funny.
Jess
Old 02-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wanna see it so badly!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad to hear that it's an enjoyable movie as a whole. (Which is what I expected).

Any really romantic scenes? Like is just tons of kissing or does it ever imply that more happens?
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.

Last edited by CarterT; 02-28-2011 at 04:56 PM
Old 02-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Loyal Fan

More. Much more .

I think the love story was slightly lacking though, it was very fast paced and I think they only managed to pull it off because of Felicity's and Ed's chemestry.

Spoiler:
Jess
Old 02-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I've heard from other sources that the romance is a bit lacking here for a rom com. But in general, people liked it. So Jonny basically is the opposite of Chuck Bass save for being rich, right? And how is Brooke Shields and Tamsin Egerton in this?

(I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions. It's just that you're like Obi Wan: my only hope )
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG, thanks so much for the description of the movie, Jess! I'm really excited to see it, but I can definitely imagine the romance aspect of it being a little lacking.

I'm just really happy about the casting, too.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Lol, oh I am happy to answer questions, it actually gives me time to analise the film a bit more. Even though I know im not supposed to analize it as it is just a light hearted chick flick.

The romance works because of Felicty and Ed they really are the only reason I think it works, great on screen chemistry from the first scene.

I dont actually think Johnny is that different from Chuck oddly enough. He doesnt have the same tendensies as Chuck but there where times where I thought he could be Chuck in an Alternative Universe as odd as that sounds. He's buisness orientated, he wants to live up to his fathers standards but feels pressured by them. Johnny is like Chuck Bass with a good upbring

Tamsin stole the movie for me, she is just fantastic as she is in all her movies. She has a nice little sub plot and interacts with everyone as much as Kim does, I love her friendship with Kim and with Johnny and his family. She has a bitchy side but she's really sweet and caring underneath.

Brooke Shields, brilliant Queen B and her back story helps with the Johnny and Kim romance.
Spoiler:
What I like is although it felt like she was pushing Johnny it also felt like she had his best interest at heart. She wanted him to be happy and she just wanted the best for him. There's a great couple of scenes between Ed/Brooke and Felicity in the movie. Bill and Brooke where a really belivable couple too.

The casting really is amazing, they did a fantastic job The cast makes the movie.

I hope describing the movie can tide you guys over untill you get to see it, I get to see it in another few weeks but it sucks that you guys are gonna have to wait so long. Hopefully there are other ways for you to see it when it gets it's full release *winkwink*
Jess
Old 02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, you are making me super excited for this movie, LOL. Thanks for all this info!

I really hope someone starts getting illegal with it when it comes out, though, because I can't wait until a US or DVD release.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Trust me, you don't have to answer my questions if you don't want.

Seems like his mother isn't as evil as the description made her out be. I can't wait to see Bill and Brooke together.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Loyal Fan

It's a really really good movie, I went in with high expectations and it blew me away. I went for Ed to be honest, and i'd see it again because of the whole cast. Ah I cant wait to see it again myself now, I already have three more viewings of it planned

The mother isnt half as bad as what I was expecting. All the girls have there 'bitchy' moments, well minus Chloe who is kinda just awesome for the little part she plays, but they really are just cairing women at heart. Brooke's charactor comes around at the end and really I didnt disagree with all the points she made during the movie . I also love how in love Bill and Brooke's charactors are show to be. They understand one another, arnt always lovey dovey but there sweet in there own way.

No really it's fine. I miss talking in depth about Ed's work. Gossip Girl is such a bust, Chalet Girl is what im falling back on
Jess
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, Sophia's role is small in this?

Three more viewings?! 0_o
Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah Sophia isnt in much at all sadley She is hillarious when she is in though, just wish it had been a better part but I think that would have taken away from the Johnny/Kim romance which the writers and producers wouldnt have wanted. I want an Ed/Sophia movie A.S.A.P though!

Oh yeah! And I can only afford that because of two cheap movie day's over here. Saver Tuesdays and Orange Wedensdays. I went to see Tangled four times Once I find a movie I like I tend to see it a lot if I know other people havent seen it and want to see it, I will tag along with anyone
Jess
Old 02-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, shame So there's a lack of Ed/Sophia?

We only have Stimulus Tuesdays where I live and that's when the small popcorn and drink are $1 and candy is $2.50.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you so much for answering our questions. I'm in Mexico, so I have no idea when the movie will be released here.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f286/chalet-.../#post54155530