Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think Carter would just sit around watching Serena sleep with athletes and party with a bunch of men and then date her.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like she found something out about her father, or else she met him and he didn't want to talk, or else she didn't find him.

Whatever happened, she freaked out and left Carter alone in Fiji. Again, lol. It's not like Carter is her father. He can't follow her around the world against her will and try to stop her from partying. She's an adult.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
After all, when she was with Carter that first month, she wasn't going crazy. And if Blair had seen the photos of S with Carter, she would have said something about it. And she herself said she got every single magazine there was.
Yep.

If he really likes her (which I think he does), I don't think there are any questions about his actions regarding her behavior. Serena's her own person, and one of my my favourite things about Carter is that he respects that. He can care about her without letting or not letting her do things. Serena likes to party, and sometimes she can be extreme about it - I'd hazard a guess that it's a reaction to something involving her father - and if you like her, you have to like that about her.

And I suspect she left him. That seems to be the established pattern.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedsicca (View Post)
I don't think Carter would just sit around watching Serena sleep with athletes and party with a bunch of men and then date her.
The girls on this show have to watch the boys **** around with hookers and then try to date them. What's the difference?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie (View Post)
The girls on this show have to watch the boys **** around with hookers and then try to date them. What's the difference?
The difference is that the girls don't stand there, watch, and then go to the next party with that guy.

The suggestion that Carter has been following her around and smirking in the background of pictures while she makes out with Cristiano Ronaldo is .... creepy, to say the least.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel like she found something out about her father, or else she met him and he didn't want to talk, or else she didn't find him.

Whatever happened, she freaked out and left Carter alone in Fiji. Again, lol. It's not like Carter is her father. He can't follow her around the world against her will and try to stop her from partying. She's an adult.
I don't think she found him, but I think she found out something about him that made her upset. I think that is part of the reason for her behavior, and while she is an adult and can make her own choices and should, I think someone who cares about you would want to step in and be like, what are you doing? If my family saw me sleeping around and acting crazy, they would tenderly be like, "okay we love you but, you are acting a little bizare,what's up with that?" Perhaps Carter did do that and she didn't listen.

I don't think necessarily that she left Carter, I think that either he left her or they mutually decided to go different ways for the summer if he was not with her. Although I think he was based on what Rufus said about the pictures of her in the tabloids. Whatever she was doing was worthy enough to get her on the front pages on those magazines. I can only imagine what other trouble she got herself into this summer. I def think this is more than just about her father though.

I don't think she listens to a lot of people, I think she is stubborn and has a strong head on her shoulders even if she gets out of control sometimes.

Last edited by jenni_lynn; 09-01-2009 at 09:03 PM
Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I will bet many imaginary internet dollars that Serena left Carter, lol, and it was not mutual. She seems both surprised and displeased to see him at first in the premiere.

And I think that Serena partying and going crazy is more the norm than the exception. It's what she always did before the show started, and we know that Blair never stopped her, either, you know?

Carter may have tried to stop her at first, but he's hardly going to fly around the world like her chaperone continuing to beg her to stop.

And I would hate to think that Serena let herself get to this point because of some manipulation by Carter or something, because it implies she is a very weak person. I know she gets manipulated easily, but that is such an extreme and for a prolonged time.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The difference is that the girls don't stand there, watch, and then go to the next party with that guy.

The suggestion that Carter has been following her around and smirking in the background of pictures while she makes out with Cristiano Ronaldo is .... creepy, to say the least.
Okay, sorry. I totally missed the pretext to this convo b/c I'm lazy.

There's just such a double-standard around this place when it comes to females and sex and it bugs.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I will bet many imaginary internet dollars that Serena left Carter, lol, and it was not mutual. She seems both surprised and displeased to see him at first in the premiere.

And I think that Serena partying and going crazy is more the norm than the exception. It's what she always did before the show started, and we know that Blair never stopped her, either, you know?

Carter may have tried to stop her at first, but he's hardly going to fly around the world like her chaperone continuing to beg her to stop.

And I would hate to think that Serena let herself get to this point because of some manipulation by Carter or something, because it implies she is a very weak person. I know she gets manipulated easily, but that is such an extreme and for a prolonged time.
I do agree that she seems surprised to see him on the street, but even if they both decided to go different ways for the summer, it will explain why she was shocked to see him. I mean it could be so many different things. Many scenerios fit. Watch it be nothing anybody has thought of.

I would not let someone I cared about just continue this behvior no matter how far across the world I had to chase them. I guess that is where we differ. I know she is an adult, but adults behave like childs a lot and they need intervention too. I mean what if someone had a drug problem, I would not just be like, "oh, well they are an adult and I tried to get them to stop but they won't so I give up." Yes, the situation is def not on the level as someone who is batteling a drug addiction (at all), but I can certinly parallel the two.

I am not sure Carter manipulated her to make her do anything, that's not what I mean. I just want to see that if she was with him, he didn't just watch her do all of this while he idley sat by. That is my fear for her, cause despite who she is with, I love Serena, and I want her to be happy and with someone who is going to take care of her rather than bringing out her weekness in partying and drinking and sleeping around. I hope Carter is not that guy. I know she is trying to find a balance, but clearly from information we have gotten thus far...she is tipping the scales, and has not found that balance. I think this season will be her finding that.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I agree with you there, jenni. I hope for Serena's sake that Carter didn't just sit around and watch her spiral. But the difference between us is that I don't think he did and you think he did, lol.

I mean, we know she wasn't making a spectacle of herself that first month while with Carter/looking for her dad. And the rest of the summer, every other person is just as guilty as Carter. In fact, Dan/Jenny/Eric are preventing Rufus from interfering. Blair has been reading about it and doing nothing as well.

I think people just took the same exact route with Chuck after his father died. "Oh, he's sleeping around and drinking and mourning in his own way. He'll come back when he's ready. Let him be."
Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

^ That totally helps solidify my Chuck-and-Serena-are-so-similar theory.

And I agree; nobody's panicking about this. It's kind of classic Serena. Just judging by history, I figure Serena left Carter and he's letting her have her space, and so is everybody else.

This season's definitely going to be about some self-discovery for her. And I don't think it's ridiculous that she'd fly from one extreme to another before she finds her balance.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Dp.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the clips. Hee. I love this carefree!Serena.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well, I agree with you there, jenni. I hope for Serena's sake that Carter didn't just sit around and watch her spiral. But the difference between us is that I don't think he did and you think he did, lol.

I mean, we know she wasn't making a spectacle of herself that first month while with Carter/looking for her dad. And the rest of the summer, every other person is just as guilty as Carter. In fact, Dan/Jenny/Eric are preventing Rufus from interfering. Blair has been reading about it and doing nothing as well.

I think people just took the same exact route with Chuck after his father died. "Oh, he's sleeping around and drinking and mourning in his own way. He'll come back when he's ready. Let him be."
well not necessarily do I think he let her spiral, he could have had nothing to do with that. I am up for any possibilities at this point and keeping an open mind. Because the premiere is so close. I think I am leaning in that direction b/c of the pictures and promos. That is all that I am basing it on at this point, cause it's all we have.

I am not sure Dan/Jenny/Eric were doing her harm in trying to get Rufus to not interfere, I think Dan perhaps even goes to talk to her later and figure out what she was doing. I think Dan is confused and perhaps wants to figure it out himself. So I think they are trying to protect her. I think more than anything, they are just confused and trying to figure it all out themselves. If they knew about this all summer, and they did not do anything about it, I will be very mad.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Complete and total word, Ria. Serena is going to swing on the pendulum of extremes until she finds her center, and the people who love her usually seem to know where to draw the line between Serena having fun and acting out and Serena in trouble.

See the difference between 1.09 or how they are reacting now, and how they reacted in 1.17. They know when to take action.