Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Gossip Girl - Episode 3.01 - Reversals of Fortune - Synopsis

GOSSIP GIRL RETURNS! — As the summer is drawing to a close, Blair (Leighton Meester) and Chuck (Ed Westwick) are madly in love and adjusting to their new “in a relationship” status, breaking all traditional rules of dating as would be expected. Serena (Blake Lively) returns from her European adventure with many secrets to hide and a complicated relationship with Carter Baizen (guest star Sebastian Stan). Nate (Chace Crawford) returns from his travels with a mysterious brunette, Bree Buckley (guest star JoAnna Garcia) in tow. Rufus (Matthew Settle), Dan (Penn Badgley) and Jenny (Taylor Momsen) spent the summer in the Hamptons, adjusting to the van der Woodsen’s glamorous lifestyle surprisingly faster than any of them expected. Jessica Szohr also stars. J. Miller Tobin directed the episode written by Joshua Safran (#301).
STV
Old 08-28-2009, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay! Ep description! Although there's nothing new there. Thanks Sofia!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks sofia, it will be great premiere episode.
N/S/Ca triangle would be damn hot! I don't care if it's resolved or anything, the insane chemistry all around will drive the scenes anyway. Hopefully near S3 end.

And IA mel, Carter isnt too shady towards serena, he's 'wronged' some of the gang but they aren't exactly morally unclouded, they do **** to each other all the time. He's not worse than any of them, S can handle him.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
Wigbee, what is Bree's brother doing in that episode? Has something happened between him and Nate?

I'm all for Serena and Carter, but I would like to see Serena and Nate as friends, I think they have a special bond. Actually I think, in different ways, they all have this special bond.

Ria, unless daddy vdWoodsen changed his hair colour? You know, not to be recognised.
Sorry,I have no idea what Bree's brother is doing in this epiosde. The casting sides call for a rich southern JR Ewing type who plays high stakes poker. Maybe he is there to give closure to the Nate/Bree break up since I think they break up in 3x05. Or maybe Bree/Nate don't break up in 3x05 but wait until 3x06 when her brother comes around to stir up trouble.
" “Darling, I don't want you; I've got no place for you; I only want what you give. I don't want the whole of anyone.... What you want is the whole of me-isn't it, isn't it?-and the whole of me isn't there for anybody. In that full sense you want me I don't exist.”.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreckass (View Post)

And IA mel, Carter isnt too shady towards serena, he's 'wronged' some of the gang but they aren't exactly morally unclouded, they do **** to each other all the time. He's not worse than any of them, S can handle him.
Exactly. You said it perfectly

Thanks for the episode description - I'm really excited. Especially given the writer/director of the episode. I have very high hopes!

Just looking at the Nate/Serena pics again, it's totally obvious Serena takes out a pic of Rufus and Lilly from Nate's pocket. What that pic has to do with anything, I have no idea.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfy the crave (View Post)
I'd be on board for N/S/Ca triangle in the future. That'd be too hot to handle though.
I would love that.

Thanks for the episode description! "Complicated" relationship with Carter...that sounds interesting.

That NS scene is really starting to confuse me. I don't get what's going on at all.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, same here! I am very curious to find out why Nate carries a picture of RL around. but at least they're talking. it can only be good. ^^
Old 08-28-2009, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigbee71583 (View Post)
Sorry,I have no idea what Bree's brother is doing in this epiosde. The casting sides call for a rich southern JR Ewing type who plays high stakes poker. Maybe he is there to give closure to the Nate/Bree break up since I think they break up in 3x05. Or maybe Bree/Nate don't break up in 3x05 but wait until 3x06 when her brother comes around to stir up trouble.
Thank you for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk_Yard_**** (View Post)
Just looking at the Nate/Serena pics again, it's totally obvious Serena takes out a pic of Rufus and Lilly from Nate's pocket. What that pic has to do with anything, I have no idea.
By now they already know about Scott, so I doubt it’s something Nate found about him and LR. Maybe it has something to do with Lily’s past; the things that Serena will find about Lily. How Nate is involved I have no idea.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She takes out the picture out of Nate's pocket? hmm...that doesn't quite make any sense.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

I don't know if it's been posted, but...

Quote:
Gossip Girl

Where we left off Postgraduation, Blair (Leighton Meester) and Chuck (Ed Westwick) coupled up. Serena (Blake Lively) and Carter (Sebastion Stan) were Fiji-bound.
Love in the heir Blair + Chuck = staying power. "It was a long road, so it didn't seem right to break them up," exec producer Stephanie Savage tells Us. New pairs? Dan (Penn Badgley) meets a movie star (Hilary Duff), while Nate (Chace Crawford) dates a well-heeled -gulp- Republican (JoAnna Garcia). And though Serena was Brown-bound, "she makes a choice based on events of the summer," hints Savage.
From Us Weekly.

Last edited by jjjessica; 08-30-2009 at 09:23 PM
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh, fun!

LOL, thanks, Steph, for not breaking CB up in the first episode
And I wonder which events of the summer Steph is referring to? I hope it's more her dad and less Carter. I want Carter to help Serena out of her slump, not drag her down into one.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

That doesn't even make sense. To break CB up right after ILYs? No one would even think to do that, would they? Oh, Stephanie.

I hope it's her dad, too.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL, I know! Who would have even suggested that in the first place? "Oooh, how about we start off season 3 with CB already broken up? I bet everyone will LOVE that!"
Old 08-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

I can't even imagine the massive drop in ratings and total fan backlash that would incur.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw. That's great stuff.