Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Great banner!

I do think Rossi needed to be a little cocky, show us he wasn't a replacement but a valid leader.
Thank you

And agreed
Old 01-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did anyone else think Rossi was a bit more badass on the last episode? O_o I felt like he was walking around and giving everyone the look. You know, the I'm-much-smarter-than-you look I loved.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVED knowing more about Rossi on the last episode. As I said on the discussion thread, it takes a lot of guts to admit how flawed you are, and I loved that he did so
Old 01-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

He is actually starting to grow on me.

I am kinda annoyed with him and not liking Reids crazyness. but you can't love them all.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand why one could be annoyed at Reid, really. But I don't think Rossi dislikes him, it's more of "can't this know-it-all kid keep it quiet for at least once" kind of thing The thing about Reid is that, if you don't like him at first, you'll end up getting used to him. With us, it was love at first sight, but in Rossi's case... I don't know, I think he'll start to like Reid and appreciate him more soon enough
Old 01-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

I think he's just startled by Reid.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He sure should be, it's not always that you get to work with a young genius
Old 01-27-2008, 10:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor (View Post)
He sure should be, it's not always that you get to work with a young genius
Very true. I've never met a really young person with this kind of intellect. I've met incredibly smart, brilliant people in college (including) and in even in high school. But I've never been face to face with genius. The kind you're born with, the kind where your brain is just a gold mine of insight, pattern recognition, analysis and problem solving (etc.)

I went to college at age 17, that same year an 11 year old was doing the same. His name is Luis Balbino. He graduated with a BA in Physics with a perfect 4.0 average at 16 years old. He's simply a genius.

I wouldn't react like Rossi, but I am super amazed (in a good way) by people like Reid, like Balbino.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Well, I hope Rossi starts liking Reid, or else he'll have to answer to me.
Old 01-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey missy, no threats to Rossi here, otherwise you will have to answer me.

Quote:
I went to college at age 17, that same year an 11 year old was doing the same. His name is Luis Balbino. He graduated with a BA in Physics with a perfect 4.0 average at 16 years old. He's simply a genius.
Wow, that's truly impressive.

Quote:
I wouldn't react like Rossi, but I am super amazed (in a good way) by people like Reid, like Balbino.
Me too I think I could be annoyed at some point, but only if the genius in question kept talking about things I couldn't care less about People tend to dislike people they don't understand, sometimes not even realizing it. I think Rossi doesn't know how to deal with Reid yet, and the fact that there is someone on the team who's constantly taking him aback probably "weirds" him out in a way. But I'm sure he'll see how sweet and amazing Reid is, and hopefully, it won't take too long
Old 01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed! I can't wait to see that partnership develop.

Plus, it's rather cute to see Reid being seen as what he is, a kid. We've always seen him as a human computer with vast intellect and knowledge, so it's fun to see the Rossi/Reid dynamic as well.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Plus, it's rather cute to see Reid being seen as what he is, a kid.
Well put Personally, I think Rossi's annoyance might have a lot to do with that - he knows Reid is really clever but he can't help but see him as a kid. And it's only natural for him to expect that a guy so young isn't dealing with such heavy subjects as they do on the Bureau. At least that's how I see it. I doubt that the way Rossi act towards Reid has anything to do with him not really liking the young doc
Old 01-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Luthor (View Post)
Well put Personally, I think Rossi's annoyance might have a lot to do with that - he knows Reid is really clever but he can't help but see him as a kid. And it's only natural for him to expect that a guy so young isn't dealing with such heavy subjects as they do on the Bureau. At least that's how I see it. I doubt that the way Rossi act towards Reid has anything to do with him not really liking the young doc
And it's really in synch with Rossi's personality so far. He would totally be that guy to give Reid a funny look and think, "I'm the grown up here, boy." Yet, the combination of Reid's brilliance and Rossi's experience will be great to contrast and compare.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I completely agree That's one of the things I love about CM, there's hardly a moment when you think one of them is doing something out of character. The writers do know how do develop them, which makes the show so pleasing to watch. They've done a particularly good job with the characters we were introduced to later on, like Prentiss and Rossi. And I love them both
Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
"Criminal Minds" Extra Pressure "A Good Thing" Says Joe Mantegna
By Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith

Mar 12, 2008

Joe Mantegna reports that since his "Criminal Minds" series returned from its strike-induced production break, the team has been putting in extra hours, including Saturdays, "to put us back on track. We're under the gun, but it's a good thing. To tell you the truth, I don't mind it. I like this pace. There's a saying that we work for free and they pay us to wait. For every minute you're on camera, you spend 59 waiting. That's not the case here. There's not a lot of waiting, which I appreciate, especially coming from theater."
"Criminal Minds" Extra Pressure "A Good Thing" Says Joe Mantegna (Image: Wenn)

The show returns with seven new episodes beginning April 2. And, according to Mantegna, the show has "been picked up already for the next season. That's the game plan, let's say. We'll take a short hiatus and do extra episodes to catch up."

The well-liked star came aboard the show partway into the current season, replacing Mandy Patinkin, who asked to be released from his series commitment. As far as concerns about "Criminal Minds" running out of steam, Mantegna says, "There's always that unknown factor, and you just hope for the best." He felt right at home on the drama about FBI profilers, however, since series producer Peter Schindler had previously worked on Mantegna's "Joan of Arcadia."

"When he went to do this new show called 'Criminal Minds,' I didn't realize they took half of our show's crew with them. The first day I joined up on this set, there were literally half the guys and girls from 'Joan of Arcadia' -- transportation and all these other departments. Thomas Gibson I knew from charity golf tournaments. It's a great group. Honest to God, I couldn't be happier. I feel I've hit the jackpot."

Source: National Ledger - "Criminal Minds" Extra Pressure "A Good Thing" Says Joe Mantegna