Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

I was expecting Blake to die and for a moment I thought Strauss could be the replicator, so I was surprised when they killed her off.

I felt sorry for Rossi.

But I gotta say I was expecting to be surprised by the replicator's identity and I was not. I mean, we never knew him, it's someone from inside but someone we have never seen him before.

The scene between Rossi and Curtis was great though. Loved how Rossi played him.

I also don't like Beth. She is just too perfect and yeah, I miss Prentiss and I'm biased like that

Jack is so cute

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanx niki i got the shows mixed up !! But I know Bellamy is a major part of that cast Scandal
Old 05-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

Everyone was so great last night
revengefan@07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thisi s the only place i can post this, Showrunner Erica Messer talks the story behind the finale and what might be in story for Season 9

Quote:
[SPOILER ALERT: The following story contains spoilers about the Season 8 finale of Criminal Minds. Read at your own risk.

So it was Luke Skywalker after all.

Criminal Minds' season-long unsub/stalker The Replicator was finally unmasked on Wednesday's two-hour finale as Mark Hamill's federal agent/biochemistry nut John Curtis. At the end of the first hour, Curtis breaks into Strauss' (Jayne Atkinson) hotel room, after which he forces the recovering alcoholic to drink before drugging her with "Doctor Death," the meth/ecstasy mix at the center of the case the BAU had just solved. He lets Strauss wander the New York streets, where the section chief dies on a bench in the arms of Hotch (Thomas Gibson) — not her BAU-member-with-benefits Rossi (Joe Mantegna).

So who is John Curtis anyway? And why was he targeting the BAU? It turns out Curtis worked in the Department of Justice, which receives the team's case reports, and like Blake (Jeanne Tripplehorn), he was screwed over by Strauss when they had to take the fall for a mishap in the Amerithrax case 12 years ago. Needless to say, he did not take it well that Blake managed to join the BAU all these years later. Strauss had actually been investigating The Replicator rogue after having told the team that the case was dormant in the 16th episode. Believing that The Replicator was on the inside, she doctored the team's case report from last week, listing a fake M.O. that The Replicator used on Strauss.

After kidnapping Blake when the BAU's chopper was forced to crash-land on his property, Curtis planned to kill the whole team via a bomb in his house, but Rossi — whom Curtis had drugged earlier to lead him to believe that Morgan (Shemar Moore) was The Replicator — instead locks Curtis in the booby-trapped room and escapes the room by using Strauss' sobriety chip as a wedge in the lock. The house explodes ... but we never see Curtis' body.

So is The Replicator really dead? And why did Strauss have to die? Showrunner and executive producer Erica Messer answers our burning questions.

Criminal Minds - Season 9 - Erica Messer Interview | Spoilers

Is The Replicator dead? When there's no body...
Erica Messer: I wanted to leave that as our option creatively. My guess is he's gone. But I specifically didn't want to do that in case in Season 9 we say, "Well, you know..." [Laughs] I wanted to leave that up in the air until we decide in the writers' room next month. Even all the actors said, "We don't see his body." By keeping that open-ended, it will keep a beat in the season premiere where we can show photos from the scene or say he's dead. It'll be a nice starting point for us.

Strauss is obviously gone.
Erica Messer: Yeah, I had a hard time with that. I've known Jayne for so long and I had to really separate knowing Jayne and the creative place we were with Strauss. It's hard for the team to have an enemy like The Replicator, and for him to not do any damage just didn't seem right. Strauss seemed like the one who had to go, which makes me sad, but it made sense, story-wise. She was our sacrificial lamb. She was introduced as an enemy of the team and by this year she was so on our side.
read the rest with the link above ..
Old 05-24-2013, 11:02 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Thanx niki i got the shows mixed up !! But I know Bellamy is a major part of that cast Scandal
Sure.

And, yes, Bellamy is a major character on Scandal. Her character is such a badass bitch on the show too. She plays her perfectly.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

ZUGZWANG.

Rossi was flawless. Hotch being there for Erin during her last minutes was flawless. Morgan saying they did have better things to do so the guy shouldn't waste their time was flawless. JJ finding the bomb's timer and generally being badass was flawless. Reid being Reid and putting things together was flawless. Garcia freaking out and being cute was flawless. Blake being sassy while chained to a chair in front of the unsub was flawless.

LOVED this finale, and teared up @ the end. I love when they end with no cliffhangers, it seems to work better for the show.

This was not one of my favorite seasons but the team is still as amazing as ever. They're the reason I'm tuning in next season and they're the reason I don't ever want to have to give up on this show.

F L A W L E S S TEAM ♥
Old 05-27-2013, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

The team makes this show what it is, even in bad seasons...

Glad we'll have them all in S9

Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

"To A good Woman!" said Rossi.
Now it might just be me, but if contaminated white wine killed all those people plus Strauss, why would they be drinking it as they sat around the table at the end? Wouldn't you be hesitant??

I do think that Emily Prentiss at least should have been at the funeral. Maybe even Seaver, Cooper and Gideon. But at least mention of a call, or flowers or a card? Some had thought Gideon was the Replicator. Some had thought Erin Strauss too. I wasn't sure. I was surprised she was working alone at first to try and trip up the Replicator. There must have been other agents she trusted.

So had Larry Feretiche worked with John Curtis to distribute the "Dr. Death"? Since Larry was trying to avenge his daughter Megan's death. And did Curtis or Feretiche plow the GMC SUV into the vehicle of Jim Peters, killing him?

I almost thought John Curtis(Luke Skywalker) would get away. He had control of everything it seemed. He worked the computer like Pelant on "Bones". Except here Curtis was rejected for the BAU by a mistake he made several years ago. But Blake made it to the BAU. With hard work and determination! Carter as he had her tied up thought he to deserved it. I thought earlier when Blake took Strauss back to her motel that he would get Blake then.

His finish was ironic, Rossi using Strauss'es Sober coin to block the door lock. But he did go down easier then I figured he would. If he is actually gone. Did Rossi know that would lock like that from the other door that locked the team in? Or just used good detective work? I did think that Curtis should have been worked into some cases. Curtis going in and leaving the poisoned envelope on Rossi's desk, then adjusting things made me think he is either a neatness freak, or that is how he arranges his desk. or would arrange if he was with the BAU. Now I did think that Rossi would spot that someone adjusted stuff and not open the envelope. Curtis watching the BAU discussing the case before they left to take the helicopters, I thought he could read lips. But it did not show that.

Kevin being brought in to help Garcia fix her virus was nice. H seemed to do the job. "Zugzwang" all over the computer screens really made Garcia upset.

I liked Sean Hotchner(Plays Det. Callahan on Rookie Blue on ABC), and didn't figure he could be involved. But he had a good re pore with his brother Aaron. His fight as he was "undercover" was good. I kinda figured his shirt would be open to find out he was wired. Aaron Hotchner upset and yelling at Sean as he was interrogated by Rossi was a good touch. Showed he was frustrated with his brother.

Nice to see Aaron and Jack Hotchner visiting with Beth. I did miss her. I guess for Sean it was good to have Aaron in town too. Saved some time. Jack was cute talking to his dad. Later he had little emotion when he talked to his Uncle Sean. What was Sean arrested for? Taking and selling the doctored wine? First off it was a good finale.Or 2.

Did anyone notice in the Cemetery scene a stone with STABLER on it? Here Law And Order is across from Criminal minds. Thought it was cute.

Last edited by webruce; 05-29-2013 at 07:58 AM Reason: added a thought.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They purposely didn't have a body shown, to leave a little mystery . When we start ep 1 S-9 we will know 100% that he is dead or no body found. 99.9% chance he will be confirmed dead .

Gideon was around before there was Erin . Seaver was in 1/2 a season. now to real life Mandy pantankin will never return to the show he has said so. Rachel nichols would return but she has a hit TV series in Canada now worldwide.

Paget has left the show and Strauss was not big enough charecture to get her back for a funeral . As I said the team was not at all broken up over her death .

Arron as he normally does ,shows little emotion . Emily funereal he didn't even try to fake it . Haley funeral.murder he was over the top and great .

Sean was nice to see and sadly the next night on Rookie Blue Premire he wasn't on .
Old 06-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For the finale Live + 7 DVR ratings Crminal minds added another 3 million plus viwers for the finale !!! Credit Spolier TV
Old 06-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So has Everyone seen the finale ?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd assume so. Those who haven't seen it yet probably still have episodes to catch up with before the finale. Untopping this thread now.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good i was about to do this at the end of week !
Old 07-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So from reading rick dunkle tweets one of the head writers , this finale just aired in Ireland and UK July 1 part 1 ... wow realy way behind in some countries .

I can see why fans of many Us shows use steaming outlets to watch US prime time shows same week . why wait 2-3 months

Last edited by Logan; 07-02-2013 at 02:48 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

I know that's gotta suck. Knowing that everyone knows what happened in an episode and you have to wait 2 to 3 months to watch it yourself. I don't blame them.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread