Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2019, 01:44 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It's a traditional country collection of music
I actually disagree with this. I guess it depends on what you see as traditional country though? For me it does have influence from other places & it fits country of now without straying too much into the pop genre (well country-pop genre). Her previous album (The Storyteller) is more what I'd call closer to traditional country at least for storytelling. But traditional country for me sounds more like what I'd call old school country music (pre 1990s, & even before 1980s)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-03-2019, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would consider Storyteller to be more country than this album. Though like I've said, her voice suggests country. But there are many songs on this album that doesn't fit the mold of a true country song and are more pop.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it is more country than pop. With the exception of "Champion". It might not be 80's country or olden days country, but still fits the mold to me.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I wasn't saying it wasn't country or even that it was pop, I just don't feel its traditional country (due to what I see as traditional country) . I actually said it didn't stray into the country-pop genre. Carrie's not one to go too much into pop-country, at least compared to some other artists

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-04-2019, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

So we can agree that it’s more contemporary country? Like the gospel songs from the past are more hymns and slow whereas now they have changed to add more “liveliness”. I feel the same about Carrie’s songs. When I think country, I think Tim McGraw. Yes, she’s always going to be considered a country singer, but it’s not like traditional country. I have friends who love country, older friends, who aren’t into contemporary country music because it sounds much closer to pop than what they are used to. Carrie’s music isn’t as far into pop music like Taylor Swift but she’s not as far into country like Blake Shelton either, lol.

It’s a happy medium. That’s why I love her music still, haha.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I got a copy of her album when I ordered my concert tickets, but I already had it, so now I have an extra copy of it and don’t know what to do with it.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 03-04-2019, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bought my ticket back in Sept., around the time of her album release, so just waited for the free album. It didn’t take long to get here! I listened to the album on Spotify in the meantime.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Maybe you can sell it online or give it to someone else? Try turn them into a Carrie fan?

Yeah contemporary country works . Completely agree with your comparisons Tim & Blake still have country in their music, but I'd say Blake is more contemporary while Tim is more closer to older. Carrie's got her own sound. Its unique to her I think

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-05-2019, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Speaking of Blake, I got a Gwen Stefani album for Christmas. I have yet to even open it.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I thought about selling it online or seeing if my friend has her album yet.

I was hoping the download was gonna be digital, so I could download unto my phone.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 03-13-2019, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry pretty (View Post)
Speaking of Blake, I got a Gwen Stefani album for Christmas. I have yet to even open it.
yea...I like the tune of Feel Like Christmas from that albumn

it's awesome that all these music services have free trial period where you can listen to stuff
Old 03-15-2019, 02:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by very close talking (View Post)
I thought about selling it online or seeing if my friend has her album yet.

I was hoping the download was gonna be digital, so I could download unto my phone.
That's a shame if you can't add to your phone

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 03-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

The last couple days I've had this album in repeat. I'm becoming obsessed with The Bullet and Kingdom all over again.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The Bullet Such a powerful song there

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread