Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2015, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Dream (View Post)
That is great you are so close to graduating CeCe! No wonder you are relaxing so much now, you are going to be super busy come this fall! What are you getting your degree in?
I've decided to start graduate school early (master's program) in Curriculum & Instruction. Fancy name for teaching. Taking 2 courses over the summer. One ended last week and another goes for 4 more weeks. It is an online course though, so more reason to be on since I have to be online. My undergraduate is in Early Childhood - 6th grade with Special Education EC-12 certification. So I'll be basically an elementary teacher, but in Special Ed I can teach up to 12th grade!
Old 07-08-2015, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Thanks for dropping by Cathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
I've decided to start graduate school early (master's program) in Curriculum & Instruction. Fancy name for teaching. Taking 2 courses over the summer. One ended last week and another goes for 4 more weeks. It is an online course though, so more reason to be on since I have to be online. My undergraduate is in Early Childhood - 6th grade with Special Education EC-12 certification. So I'll be basically an elementary teacher, but in Special Ed I can teach up to 12th grade!
Ah cool! I have a teaching degree myself so I am familiar with that degree. I couldn't find a elementary teaching job so I am working in the banking field for now. Hope you have better luck then me finding a job.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh very cool! Thanks. I think it won't be too difficult here, especially with my special education certification. We have a shortage of SPED teachers all the time. And lots of new schools opening in the surrounding areas. We will see!
Old 07-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Just stopping by to say hi! It's been awhile...

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 07-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

HELLO! Having a fine week I hope everyone!
Old 07-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss coming here Just a few more days…

I hope everyone is well

• • era • • [icon]
Old 07-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thanks for dropping by Cathy!

Ah cool! I have a teaching degree myself so I am familiar with that degree. I couldn't find a elementary teaching job so I am working in the banking field for now. Hope you have better luck then me finding a job.
I used to work in a bank for about 7 months and I hated it!! They were soo pushy on sales that is drove me crazy. How do you like it?
Old 07-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Hey Jessica!

ERA! Hope your final exams are going well, you are almost there!

That is good there are a lot of jobs in your area Cece. How do you like taking online classes? I am old school when it comes to going to school, the idea of online classes confuses me

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle002 (View Post)
I used to work in a bank for about 7 months and I hated it!! They were soo pushy on sales that is drove me crazy. How do you like it?
To be honest, I freaking hate it so much. Pushing the sales is ridiculous. Not every person walking in the door wants a credit card. At first, it wasn't so bad, but I have a boss that basically spends her day yelling at me and telling me how I am not doing this right, not doing that right, it gets overwhelming. I actually put in my notice, because I just can't take it anymore. I hate to be out of a job, but I need a job where I am not yelled at all day ad is a less stressful environment. I am sure I will find something else soon, that will be a better fit for me.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
How do you like taking online classes? I am old school when it comes to going to school, the idea of online classes confuses me
This is my 2nd ever online class, and this one was not my decision. The professor changed it to meeting only 3 times for the duration of 10 weeks. We were supposed to meet more. I don't like it because it takes the social aspect out of school. But I have come to terms with it and I'm fine. There are positives to taking an online class. Like more time on ! Flexibility in getting things done, etc.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

To be honest, I freaking hate it so much. Pushing the sales is ridiculous. Not every person walking in the door wants a credit card. At first, it wasn't so bad, but I have a boss that basically spends her day yelling at me and telling me how I am not doing this right, not doing that right, it gets overwhelming. I actually put in my notice, because I just can't take it anymore. I hate to be out of a job, but I need a job where I am not yelled at all day ad is a less stressful environment. I am sure I will find something else soon, that will be a better fit for me.
I was in the same boat!!!! They pushed the sales so bad and always yelled at everyone to the point where I quick because I ended up leaving every shift feeling like *****. It was awful. So good for you for not putting up with it!!!
Old 07-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
I was in the same boat!!!! They pushed the sales so bad and always yelled at everyone to the point where I quick because I ended up leaving every shift feeling like *****. It was awful. So good for you for not putting up with it!!!
Glad you can relate Dani, thanks for the support! It was so emotionally draining working there, I instantly felt a 1000 times better after I quite, like a huge weight off the shoulders for sure just to not have to deal with all the bull**** anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LR_Roxy (View Post)
This is my 2nd ever online class, and this one was not my decision. The professor changed it to meeting only 3 times for the duration of 10 weeks. We were supposed to meet more. I don't like it because it takes the social aspect out of school. But I have come to terms with it and I'm fine. There are positives to taking an online class. Like more time on ! Flexibility in getting things done, etc.
Ah okay. I would miss the social aspects of the class too, that is why I am kinda iffy about online classes At least you get more free time though! That is always a plus, especially in the summer
Old 07-09-2015, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ah okay. I would miss the social aspects of the class too, that is why I am kinda iffy about online classes At least you get more free time though! That is always a plus, especially in the summer
Yes! I actually didn't realize I would enjoy the relaxed nature of an online class. That it would be this relaxing.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Plus you don't have to deal with feeling awkward when the teacher randomly asks you something and you have no clue what they are talking about

Weekend
Old 07-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Truth!

Another week almost over, yeah! Time flies.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
ERA! Hope your final exams are going well, you are almost there!
Carmen They went ok. I'm just glad studying days are over until September How are you?

So glad it's weekend Nothing planned. Just hopefully lots of sleep

• • era • • [icon]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread