Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2019, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I ran out of things to watch, or well got kind of busy to catch up with a show that has too many episodes so decided to binge Roswell. Now watch it weekly. So will try out Charmed again. I just watched first two episodes. So that's good you got hooked by episode three!
Old 02-14-2019, 01:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Fair enough

Let me know what you think

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am enjoying it! On episode 4 right now. It is helping me make it through multi-tasking as I work on two IEPs (Individualized Education Plan) for tomorrow.

The confused three sister witches are fun to watch. Learning who they are and enjoying using their powers. I like amateurs. Must be why I was such a fan of Smallville! Clark Kent learning to use his powers was so fun to watch and going through his journey to becoming Superman.
Old 02-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Well that's nice that its helping you get through them . Glad you're enjoying them

Fair enough That could be helping if you like watching people figure out their powers/abilities. I find that interesting at times too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I consider myself a bit clumsy. So I find it funny and can relate to them more that they are growing and don't have it all figured out, if that makes sense. Ha! I like humble over people like Oliver Queen who are way too confident/full of themselves. Mistakes are made and it keeps things real. These are my types of shows.

My fear with a show that has all-girl leads is the possibility that it can give us unnecessary drama and 'cattyness'. I like action and good character development. I am getting both so I am happy. Easy to please.

It's over 1 AM here. I have to go to bed!

I am thrilled that Tyler Hoechlin will be at Fan Expo Dallas and I will meet him this May!!!
Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Humble people, shows where mistakes are allowed, ect. are far better. I like Arrow but the character of Oliver I want to hit over the head at times as he needs to get over himself a bit. I much prefer the supporting cast to the lead character . But on the other hand, I can't get into the other Arrowverse shows which I presume don't have the same personality as Oliver & probably keep it real more

Yes! So long as they stay away from the unnecessary drama & cattiness for a female-led show, we're good. Its developed by 3 women (who are also executive producers on the show) so I have hope that maybe they can stop something like that from happening. They hopefully know better & see how unnecessary that is to have. Just because you have females involved doesn't mean there needs to be cattiness

Your list seems to be getting really good! Very exciting

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-16-2019, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, exactly. I don't like stuck up people or people who act privileged. Those who boast about being so well off, you know? And act superior to others. I rather see heroes like Kara Danvers and Barry Allen. I think that's why I avoided Charmed. There was one girl on there I didn't like, one of the sisters (forgot her name). But the actress herself seems a little "unique" too so I'm not too surprised now. You may know who I mean. She seems a little crazy. On the new show, all the sisters seem to be more grounded and down to earth. We shall see. I couldn't tolerate Gossip Girl or shows like that. Too much drama/catty females.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I enjoyed Gossip Girl, but the cattiness was a bit much quite a bit of the time. I possibly watch a few things with characters who act superior to others
I never really got that with the original Charmed, but I never liked Prue when I first watched (well actually until recently) as I always found her to be annoying & acting superior to the others. Don't think that's who you're talking about though. I'm thinking you're talking about Paige (my favourite of the sisters ), as Rose McGowan is an "interesting" person of late . But the actress & who she is now has nothing to do with the character herself, so I don't know. I don't know that she ever had much say about what the character did

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-17-2019, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have always been more of a tomboy growing up, liking video games, long shorts, playing basketball, having emo hair [bangs], electronics, wearing caps, over girly things like shopping for clothes, make-up, jewelry, etc. I grew up collecting Pokemon cards and battling with friends over playing Barbie dolls. Ha! Well, I did do that some but preferred Ken and the dude dolls. I also loved Hot Wheel cars. lol That might explain my low tolerance for girl drama and catty behavior. Ah, yes that one. Rose McGowan. I had to Google to see who Prue is, and yeah I remember her acting superior. Isn't it because she's the oldest or something? I didn't like her after seeing episode 1. Ha! I think I just thought Paige because of the actress. I felt like she was a little edgy too. Piper was the most mature from what I remember. I don't think I minded Phoebe as well. But then again could be wrong because I don't remember much about her. I do remember Piper and Leo are a thing and Wyatt is their baby who was going to be a bad dude in the future and they were trying to prevent that from happening. Also Chris, who's my favorite. I had a crush on him, lol. I followed mostly them and the others are a blur. I do also recall Cole, who is a bad guy. And he was in love with one of the sisters. Could tell you more about the guys on the show than the sisters, ha.

That's why I mainly just stick with my superhero shows. Even shows like Friends are a bit too much for me. I do like romantic comedies though. In small doses, I can tolerate drama-filled, but just not my preference, you know? Like for One Tree Hill, I liked Peyton over Brooke because Brooke was a drama magnet and creator of drama.

Last edited by a fine mess; 02-17-2019 at 02:34 AM
Old 02-17-2019, 02:49 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I grew up neither girly or tomboy . I liked some girly things, & didn't really care for boy things but I wouldn't call myself girly. I have no interest in shopping, clothes, or makeup still . Jewellery I like though . Maybe I like drama because it added some interest in my life or made me feel better if people who were meant to be friends were being bitches? Teenagers are evil beings & I wish I knew that back when I was one

Rose I have no idea what is going on in her head now. But I love the character of Paige still, no matter what the actress is like now. Prue I understand more now as she was the oldest so she wanted to protect & look after her sisters. But she came across as more superior at times
Piper became mature & motherly - the heart of the family really - after Prue died. She also may have seemed more mature as she was a wife & a mother. Phoebe was always trying to find herself, & Paige too actually but in a more obvious way
I could tell you a lot about the show, even recite some of the lines depending on the episode

Friends is too much for you? Wow

hmm I need a little drama in my life, but only certain types. I think the main thing for me is the characters. I need some characters that I like to help me get into a show

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-17-2019, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have to be in the mood for drama, which is rare, but there are moments where I am. And that's when I look for a romantic comedy. I have seen whole seasons of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette with some of my girl friends. Of course it was more about their company and hanging out together than liking the actual shows. The girl fights make me laugh more than anything. I often look at them and just think, "what is the point?!?!" Ha.

Monica and Rachel on Friends annoy me quite a bit. I can stand them in small doses, but gosh they can act like such children sometimes. It's funny though because they're grown people but don't always act their age. Perhaps that is the point. Maybe I am just a boring person without a huge sense of humor. A lot of people on Friends are annoying to me. Joey, Chandler, and Ross can be too. Probably unpopular opinion, but I don't like Friends all that much. lol For comedies, I prefer shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Shows that are funny but don't always over-exaggerate and over-dramatize things. New Girl is another annoying sitcom because the lead (Jess/Zooey) I can't stand. She's so dramatic all the time. Worse than the girls on Friends, haha. Don't hate me. I'm just not a big sitcom person in general.

Jennifer Aniston is quite dramatic in most of her roles lol, but I do love her movies. She fits those types of roles well. I preferred Courteney on Cougar Town than Friends. Although!!! I love the concept of Friends and wish I had a group of friends like that.

I prefer Gilmore Girls over Gossip Girl (for example) because while there is drama, Rory presents herself as quite a mature lady or she tries to be. I think that is what kept me watching One Tree Hill as well. While there was Brooke, the show was mainly about the Scott brothers.

Drama is fine and can be fun at times certainly, but I like shows with more of a balance. I like shows with some angst - necessary to keep us engaged - because it wouldn't be realistic either if there isn't any conflict. It depends on the drama.

And yes, just like Chloe Sullivan. Although Allison Mack (who plays Chloe on Smallville) is on house arrest for her potential affiliation with a cult and looking at jail time, I still love Chloe and not ashamed to admit she still remains one of my favorite characters of all time. So I can understand that. We must separate actors from the characters they play.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I often just look at the existence of those shows & wonder what the point is . I can watch fictional show drama, but not reality show drama like that

Rae never liked Friends & I know Mimica (PurpleLily)'s wife doesn't like the show either. Much to our amusement because they both share names with characters on the show (well Rae was Rachael not Rachel, but still close). So I know others who don't like the show. I enjoy it, but I do get what you mean. Ross annoys me completely - don't like him at all, or the Ross/Rachel relationships. Love Monica & Chandler & their relationship

Most sitcoms I don't care for. I watch TBBT, but the characters annoy me a bit. Now I'm more watching it to see how it ends since its finishing this season? Give me older sitcoms & I'm there, but new ones no thanks.

I prefer Gilmore Girls to Gossip Girl too! I find Gossip Girl is a show which is good when I'm sick to binge & make me feel better as it isn't realistic to me but it has cute & funny moments. Plus now its fun to point out all the reasons why who they say was Gossip Girl couldn't have been it. Gilmore Girls is a show to actually enjoy & take seriously a bit. It had a good amount of drama & was more realistic about it

Balance is always good in a show

Yeah the actor shouldn't taint the character . Although for me I think if I started watching Smallville now she would taint it for me because the show is new to me so I don't have an existing love for the character

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-17-2019, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Monica and Chandler did end up having the most healthy and mature relationship. I felt Joey matured quite a bit throughout the series too.

Pretty Little Liars is another show that I just can't stand. I go back and forth with Riverdale. I really like Jughead, but not so much the other characters. I don't mind drama as long as there is some maturity. Both PLL and Riverdale start with a student dating/having an affair with her/his teacher. So started off being a little bit of a turn off. Yeah, I feel the same way about sitcoms. I rather comedy in small doses and most shows have some comedy, so can do without sitcoms.

I actually forgot who gossip girl is. Oh wait, was it Michelle something? Forgot the character she played. I also don't remember who -A is from PLL, didn't get that far but read about it.

That's true. So if I start Charmed now, I feel like I couldn't love Paige. I'd be thinking of the actress she is now. But she is gorgeous on the show. Not a fan of her with a shaved head. But then there are people like Kathy Griffin who I will cringe seeing in anything past, present, or future.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:38 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Monica & Chandler seemed a healthy & mature relationship to me . I agree about Joey. Rachel did, but she was still annoying at times. Then she really should've gotten over Ross as she could've done better

I have no idea for PLL. I think a few different people were A? It seemed confusing to me. I couldn't get into that either

Gossip Girl was abandoned at one point so Georgina (Michelle's character) was her for a while, then Serena was, before the real Gossip Girl took it back. The finale episode revealed it to be Dan

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 02-18-2019, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Always coming in at the right time to start new threads!

http://www.fanforum.com/f280/carries.../#post96552294

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Closed Thread   Post New Thread