Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah! Would be more uplifting than something like "there is no good in goodbyyye..."
Old 04-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Lmao I could totally see it being that though, especially with her saying the album is dark.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

does that mean, tons of ballads?!

Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Reviews are coming in from people in the music biz who have heard the album... all of them are positive so far! Fans have been tweeting these people to get some info.

Some tidbits about the songs:

See You Again
"Simpler. Kind of a "You've touched my life and I carry you with me" type of sentiment."

Cupid's Got A Shotgun
"Fun and a touch redneck."
"I call it a light hearted Gunpowder & Lead w/ a distinct Brad Paisley guitar track."

Blown Away
"Intense."
"CRAZY good...EPIC! You'll hang on EVERY word -- I sure did! Great arrangement, AWESOME lyric...and completely unexpected! "

Two Black Cadillacs
"Deliciously dark."
"1st thought, WHOA. 2nd thought, dark, haunting & I must know what inspired it."

Good in Goodbye
"Has a good message."

One Way Ticket
"Definitely tropical. I said it felt like Carrie meets Zac Brown Band. Different for her but fun."

Forever Changed
"Wedding song. So good! Makes me want to cry!"

Nobody Ever Told You
"Bouncy with a Paul Simon-ish vibe. Sweet message."

Who Are You
"It was written by Mutt Lange (Shania's ex). It could have a dual meaning but I got more love song, who are you? My everything."
Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

omg I want to hear these songs so badly. Especially Blown Away.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

ahhh!! I can't wait to hear all of them!! I agree, especially Blown Away!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Oh wow! Now I'm more excited to get this album! So looking forward to listen to Blown Away and Two Black Cadillacs

icon
Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gah, to think some people have already heard it.. I wanna avoid reading comments to be surprised. Can't wait!
Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Here are some more descriptions:

Quote:
Good Girl: We’ve all heard the song – it’s about Carrie telling the good girl about the bad boy she’s with. (Review)

Blown Away: a swirling, atmospheric production and intense lyric about abuse and revenge. The song is about a daughter getting revenge on an alcoholic, abusive father.

Two Black Cadillacs: the story of a wife and mistress who conspire to get even with the man who betrayed them both.

See You Again: A song that was originally written for The Chronicles of Narnia about how someone who touches your heart and is always there.

Thank God for Hometowns: a song that celebrates the understated pleasures of small-town living. “Thank God for hometowns, first kisses and touchdowns….”

Cupid’s Got A Shotgun: a high-energy track, and it gets an extra kick from Brad Paisley contributing his signature guitar licks. A fun song, with a touch redneck and very country.

Forever Changed: is about a young girl meeting the love of her life, getting married and having a baby. It takes you back in time, and there is something old fashioned about it. At the end, the mom’s slipping away a little bit. It is a sad song, but it’s not meant to be a sad song. It’s about love, being forever changed, forever loved.

Good In Goodbye: co-written by Carrie, Lindsey and Ryan Tedder, is a bittersweet look at life beyond heartbreak that offers tender truth in the lines “As bad as it was/As bad as it hurt/I thank God I didn’t get what I thought I deserved.” Some reviewers called it a song with a good message.

Nobody Ever Told You: which Carrie wrote with Luke Laird and Hillary Lindsey, boasts an empowering lyric and a breezy, engaging melody. It’s about how people need to hear compliments more – how they need more people to tell them “I love you” and “you are beautiful.”

Leave Love Alone: a folky song about how despite all, you just can’t leave love alone.

Wine After Whiskey: a country lament about how everything after a certain relationship is watered down, like having wine after whiskey. (Lyrics)

One Way Ticket: A song with a tropical mood, with a Zac Brown Band feel to it.

Who Are You: contains the following lyric: Who are you? my everything.
Carrie Underwood’s “Blown Away” Album Tracks Description A Separate State of Mind | A Lebanese Blog
Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg i can not wait!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

I've been trying to be good & not read things about the album/songs as I want to be surprised, but I've given up as I really want to know what the songs will be like. I wish this month would hurry up & end (I'll probably disappear then too since I'm pretty sure I have to wait an extra 4 days before it's released here )

Chelle » join GTmy articon
Old 04-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still resisting reading about the songs.
Aw! I heard she's actually releasing a UK version. But that'll be released later so I'm getting mine from Amazon US like usual!

ETA: Boo. With Play On for some reason I ordered it and got it the day before its release date without paying loads for shipping so maybe I ordered it from UK Amazon , but with Blown Away because it's coming out here in June, I'll have to get it from Amazon US and pay more to get it here near to May 1st...deciding how much to pay...Ahh what the heck I'll go for the quickest one.

Last edited by "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel"; 04-15-2012 at 06:42 AM
Old 04-15-2012, 06:33 PM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Yeah I'm mostly resisting reading things still, but I had to read something as my curiosity was getting too much

June? That's crazy to have to wait that much longer. I'd pay more to get it sooner too. That makes me like having to wait a few extra days more

Chelle » join GTmy articon
Old 04-15-2012, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

I want the album now!

icon
Old 04-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

I have no restraint with these things. I wanna hear previews of the songs too grr!