Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2003, 04:43 PM
Extreme Fan

The Roswell High books were great! I read the first 5 within 2 weeks (it took time to get them all [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )and I then anxiously awaited the release of each, making special trips to get them. Yes, I'm a sap [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. They were great. I think my favorites were #2, 3, and 5. They were written before the show started so for some reason I think they were better.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Actually, only books nine and ten were written after the show started. Melinda had been done with 1-8 when Roswell was made into a TV show.
--Rachel
Old 10-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I read the last three and a half books all in the same night. I was so hooked on the series by then that I couldn't stop reading - I had to know how it ended! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

For me, it was kind of confusing when the show started cuz i was trying to relate everyone to the book. Max wasn't blonde on the show and maria had really short hair. Liz was a whole different race. however, i managed to put the books and show in different catagories, which made them both very enjoyable.

setham #46

sock monkey #38

I had my 1000th post at the OC Setham thread #22!
september angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Addicted Fan

I never really could relate the books and show that much, the only thing I did relate was the pilot cause it was big similar to the outsider. Considering it was the only book Jason Katims read from the series.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Deee:
<STRONG>I never really could relate the books and show that much, the only thing I did relate was the pilot cause it was big similar to the outsider. Considering it was the only book Jason Katims read from the series.</STRONG>
i didn't know that was the only book he read!!! that explains a lot. does anyone know if cast members read the books??

setham #46

sock monkey #38

Old 10-19-2003, 07:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by september angel:
<STRONG>

i didn't know that was the only book he read!!! that explains a lot. does anyone know if cast members read the books??</STRONG>

I'm not positive but I read some where in an interview that he found the book and had read it and liked it. I'm not sure if he read anyother books but that was the one mentioned.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:33 PM
Loyal Fan

well i think that jason was a smart man to start roswell. i like the book covers with jason and co. better than the originals. fingerprints would be an amazing show.

setham #46

sock monkey #38

Old 10-22-2003, 04:18 AM
Addicted Fan

I LOOOOVEED this series. I sort of classify the series and the Metz books under different categories. Because the book went into much more detail and focused more on other relationships (than just Liz/Max, Maria/Michael etc) like Maria and Isabel, Alex and Michael, the whole gang. Kudos to Metz for such a great series!!
and the kindest of kisses break the hardest of hearts.
Spacie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SpaciE:
<STRONG>I LOOOOVEED this series. I sort of classify the series and the Metz books under different categories. Because the book went into much more detail and focused more on other relationships (than just Liz/Max, Maria/Michael etc) like Maria and Isabel, Alex and Michael, the whole gang. Kudos to Metz for such a great series!!</STRONG>
Hey SpaciE!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] welcome to the thread. I really liked your comment about the different relationships.

setham #46

sock monkey #38

Old 10-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

i loved this book series! i honestly liked it betetr than the ones based on the tv show just cuz i love the different elements that it has. like how isabel has that obsessive thing with organizing her nail polish and stuff and like someone else said how these books explored more relationships than the tv show ever did. theres more that i cant think of... i havent read them in such a long time!

-Audrey Hepburn
Celebrian Saralonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

The thing that I like best about the original series is that the books don't only focus on the romances - the friendships are just as important a part of the story. In some ways they're even more important. Even when a romantic relationship is on the rocks, the friendship and genuine affection is still there. That's where their strength comes from, and why they're able to get through the things that they do - they love each other and all seven of them are willing to combine their energies to work as a group.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 10-26-2003, 09:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

yeah exactly. i mean, dont get me wrong i love teh relationships on the show but i hate how they were such a big part. it was like, the main focus at times and there was never much emphasis on the relationship of the whole group or just max and michael, liz and maria, that kinda thing. i wouldve liked to see more of that

-Audrey Hepburn
Celebrian Saralonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

I agree. My favorite episodes of the TV show were the ones that had the whole group involved, working together or hanging out together. And I love the little moments in the books, where they talk about Michael and Alex making corny jokes and bugging the others, or Maria and Isabel ganging up on Michael in a marshmallow fight. Their friendships are what makes me care about them and what happens to them. I believe in their sense of family.

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 11-02-2003, 12:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Anla:
<STRONG>I agree. My favorite episodes of the TV show were the ones that had the whole group involved, working together or hanging out together. And I love the little moments in the books, where they talk about Michael and Alex making corny jokes and bugging the others, or Maria and Isabel ganging up on Michael in a marshmallow fight. Their friendships are what makes me care about them and what happens to them. I believe in their sense of family.</STRONG>
those are really great points and i feel the same way. i really wish melinda had made the series more than 10 books [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

setham #46

sock monkey #38

Reply   Post New Thread