Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

It wasn't Melinda's choice, unfortunately.

Just noticed that Roswell comes out on DVD on my birthday. Cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
--Rachel
Old 11-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

what do mean it wasn't her choice? they made her stop writing after 10 do you mean?

-Audrey Hepburn
Celebrian Saralonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Melinda was hired to write the series, which had been created by 17th Street Productions. Since the characters and the series was not "hers", it was not her decision how long the series would go. All of those decisions were made by the publisher. The same thing with Fingerprints. When she was writing book seven, she didn't know if it would be the last book in the series or not.
--Rachel
Old 11-06-2003, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

i have "the dark one"
it's ok the only one i have reading.

May 2007 be fun!
Baby Wyatt Matthew Halliwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Rachel:
<STRONG>Melinda was hired to write the series, which had been created by 17th Street Productions. Since the characters and the series was not "hers", it was not her decision how long the series would go. All of those decisions were made by the publisher. The same thing with Fingerprints. When she was writing book seven, she didn't know if it would be the last book in the series or not.
--Rachel</STRONG>
wow that sucks!!! both fingerprints and roswell could have gone so mich further. you'd think that since the books were doing so well, they'd make more.

setham #46

sock monkey #38

I had my 1000th post at the OC Setham thread #22!
september angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I just found this thread, but I absolutely loved the novels. They were almost completely different from the series and I liked some of the characterizations more. I loved M&M on the series, but I think I liked them even more in the books. MM gave such a fabulous build up to them and Michael as a character was really different as well.

And Alex didn't die, made me love the books even more. Although I did miss Valenti and Kyle, they were too static in the books.
Old 11-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

yeah i just finished the first fingerprints the beginning of september maybe and i cant find the rest in any bookstore! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] its driving me insane...

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 11-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

They're slowly going out of print, I'm afraid. 4, 5, and 7 already are (you can only download them digitally from Amazon).

I do have some good news, though. Melinda's new book, Raven's Point, is going to be released in August of next year, according to Amazon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
--Rachel
Old 11-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Loyal Fan

i was reading the roswell series over again and i found myself confused once again with the age of the characters. liz, max and michael are supposed to be seniors while maria, isabel and alex are supposed to be juniors. then how is it that they all have classes with eachother and Liz claims that she and Maria have been best friends since the second grade? someone help!

setham #46

sock monkey #38

Old 11-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

Well, you can be friends with someone in another grade. In my high school, people in different grades could be in some classes together, because you got to select the electives you wanted and other classes were based more on ability and interest in the subject than on what grade you were in (for instance, you might be in Calculus while other students in your grade were in Geometry).

While I wish that the Roswell High series had gone on longer, I was completely satisfied with the ending of Book 10. It wrapped things up very nicely, yet still left it open enough for us to imagine what might happen in the future.

[ 11-29-2003: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys! i'm just trying to revive this thread. it's sunkin deep into the back of this board.

setham #46

sock monkey #38

Old 01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Master Fan

I have now read the series three times. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's nice to come across books that are still good, no matter how many times you reread them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And as a Candy, I'm always very happy at the ending. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 01-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I adore the ending very much. Though I thought it to be a little daft, I still loved it. I must have read the series more then five times, and too think I came across it in rite aide.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

bah! [img]smilies/pout.gif[/img] i still haven't read past the 7th book.

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 01-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Oh, you really should. There's some great stuff there in the last three books. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Reply   Post New Thread