Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2015, 04:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

It is, very much so, and the even more tragic (in a good way if that makes sense) is that the tragedy isn't limited to one character. If you read it, you'll see that so many characters have these layers and back stories that they're going through and they're seem so real.
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll read it eventually, I've just read a lot of tragic books lately, I think I need some time before I can read another
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I totally get that. I don't like to read two books after each other that are the same style or feel to them. After I finished The Pact, I started a book about a teen boy who accidentally finds a time travel portal to like an alternate universe version of his town.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, after such emotional book you need to read something very different.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

I did read Lone Wolf then Handle with Care. I usually try not to read two books by the same author in a row, though. I actually swore off Stephen King for a while because reading his books were starting to heavily affect me negatively. XD

I think I'll read Change of Heart next. I was going to read it, then the OI storyline happened on Grey's Anatomy and I heard about Handle with Care, so I chose to read it instead.
darkxtwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Cool, let us know how you like them. I've not read either one.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

I read Change of Heart a couple weeks ago. It's a good book. Not her best, but a good read nonetheless.

Currently reading Leaving Time and really enjoying it. It's such an emotionally complex read. I wasn't sure if I would like the elephant aspect, but it's surprisingly really intriguing. I have a newfound love for elephants. Reading about them in Leaving Time makes me want to learn more. Jodi is gifted at making any topic interesting to read about.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm glad you're enjoying Leaving Time. I do agree that the elephant aspect is very interesting. I can't wait to hear what you think this book after it you're done.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

I finished it. And wowza... that twist! It's my favorite kind of twist, though I hated it at first. It made complete sense after reading it, but at first I was like "WTF?!" That's exactly what I was like at the end of The Storyteller, too. Jodi is one of those authors who gets better with each book.

Her new book with her daughter is out now "Off the Page". I haven't read it yet, but I'm excited to -- I loved Between the Lines.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

I felt the same way about Leaving Time's twist. You could sort of see the foreshadowing once you knew it was there after knowing the twist. I hope that made sense haha.
I'm intrigued about Off the Page too. I liked Between the Lines and thought it was a clever concept. I also like that her and her daughter (she's helping with this sequel right?) are showing a fallout from the first one's ending.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

didn't realise she was releasing another with her daughter

I did enjoy the first one and excited for off the page

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatFoley16 (View Post)
I felt the same way about Leaving Time's twist. You could sort of see the foreshadowing once you knew it was there after knowing the twist. I hope that made sense haha.
I'm intrigued about Off the Page too. I liked Between the Lines and thought it was a clever concept. I also like that her and her daughter (she's helping with this sequel right?) are showing a fallout from the first one's ending.
I was like "Dayum! That's how you write a twist!" I hated it so much at first, but then I loved it.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

I didn't have quite that strong of a reaction but a good twist will definitely spark conversations.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

hopefully I will get it soon

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
fire for a heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

just read between the lines and off the page and loved it
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
~betty's garden~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread