Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2019, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
So it didn't end with him dying?

I would've expected that.
Thrawn? He disappears with Ezra into a mysterious place at the end of Rebels.
Old 08-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I forgot about that
Old 08-13-2019, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought so. He wants to team up with Dave Filoni to write a story with Thrawn and Ezra in the void they went to.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That would be very interesting.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd read it.

Quote:
For a decade Darrow led a revolution against the corrupt color-coded Society. Now, outlawed by the very Republic he founded, he wages a rogue war on Mercury in hopes that he can still salvage the dream of Eo. But as he leaves death and destruction in his wake, is he still the hero who broke the chains? Or will another legend rise to take his place?

Lysander au Lune, the heir in exile, has returned to the Core. Determined to bring peace back to mankind at the edge of his sword, he must overcome or unite the treacherous Gold families of the Core and face down Darrow over the skies of war-torn Mercury.

But theirs are not the only fates hanging in the balance.

On Luna, Mustang, Sovereign of the Republic, campaigns to unite the Republic behind her husband. Beset by political and criminal enemies, can she outwit her opponents in time to save him?

Once a Red refugee, young Lyria now stands accused of treason, and her only hope is a desperate escape with unlikely new allies.

Abducted by a new threat to the Republic, Pax and Electra, the children of Darrow and Sevro, must trust in Ephraim, a thief, for their salvation—and Ephraim must look to them for his chance at redemption.

As alliances shift, break, and re-form—and power is seized, lost, and reclaimed—every player is at risk in a game of conquest that could turn the Rising into a new Dark Age.

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of Morning Star returns to the Red Rising universe with the thrilling sequel to Iron Gold.
This was a rollercoaster!!! So much happens and I had so many emotions as it unfolded.
I have had a book hangover this last week, unable to move on, and have been spending lots of time on the Facebook DA discussion page while trying to come up with a non-spoiler review.

I am failing to come up with one. So buckle up, Howlers. This is going to be long and only for those who have read the book.

I'll separate the review by the character POVs.

Spoiler:

I am sure there is a ton of things I missed and will reread it at some point. There is just so much that happens that unless I did a chapter by chapter review, I can't cover it all.

I know I loved it and that it is a worthy sequel to the previous books.

There is sure to be quite a wait for the last book. Until then I want to do a full reread of the saga. I am deep into this fandom. I set up camp in the rabbit hole. Omnis Vir Lupus!

4.5 out of 5 Storm Gods.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have to read this after I read the book.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yea, don't click that button yet.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What stopped you from giving it 5/5?
Old 08-20-2019, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, there is a blooper. And one or two other things.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

After I read it then you can specify what the one or two things is.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:34 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Oh this looks like a fun thread

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-26-2019, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It is.

Read anything good lately?
Old 08-27-2019, 12:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

A lot of what I've read lately have been hit & miss . I've also never reviewed a book, only read reviews/opinions but I could try to review something good I've read lately or just review what I last read but felt it was more a miss or borderline hit/miss

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-27-2019, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Either option is good A review can be useful if it involves constructive criticism
Old 09-29-2019, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
After I read it then you can specify what the one or two things is.
Sure!

Quote:
A review can be useful if it involves constructive criticism
So true!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread