Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree on Damon/Elena. Hated them in the book, but I also hate them in the show.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think I hate a lot of book couples, but one that really sticks in my mind is Lena/Kostos from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I seem to be in the minority because everyone else seems to love them. I just couldn't get into them. I hated how Lena became so dependent on him, I did not like the character she turned into, especially after he dumped her or whatever, I just never bought into their true love story. (Personally, I was rooting for Paula/Lena). I was glad Forever in Blue gave them an open ending, that was of course before Sisterhood Everlasting, but I'll just pretend that book never happened, makes me feel better.
Ria
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll start off saying I didn't like any of the canon couples in HP. JKR is a pretty great writer but I never felt she was all that great at writing romance.

Just to name the main ones (and a popular non canon couple)...

Harry/Ginny - Their relationship is so boring and I was wtf pretty much through all of their stuff. Ginny seemed like bg noise (except for in COS) for most of the story until all of a sudden Harry is in love with her.

Also Ron/Hermione and Harry/Hermione. I don't really hate them but I never felt Hermione was right for either of them. I could probably ship Hermione with a lot of other HP people before I could ship her with Harry or Ron. As a couple neither seem all that interesting and what was presented in the books (and on screen) just confirmed that for me. As friends though they made an incredible and fun team. I personally wish all three had just remained friends with no romance involved.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Elite Fan

Out of curiosity, who would you have shipped Hermione with?

I don't really have any new couples to list, I guess I've been doing a good job of avoiding books like that
Tomorrow's skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Diana and Matthew (A Discovery of Witches)
I actually liked them at the beginning when they weren't so forced, and when the book actually had some semblance of story. However they completely hijacked the book and for no good reason. They had some tension at the beginning, but that quickly faded into bland ownership.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Seb/Willow - Angel
Even though they weren't a couple because she is in love with someone else, but I just hated the way he acts around her, deciding he was in love with her since before they met.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Master Fan

Pretty much every couple these days Too many douchebags for male leads. It's disturbing because the way they treat the main character is presented as sexy whilst I feel they need to be punched in the face.
Bree347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

You got any examples?
Old 07-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

The last ones I disliked were from On Dublin Street by Samantha Young, Control by M. S Willis and One Tiny Lie by K. A Tucker. I don't mind it if the guy is an ass bc he teases the girl or whatever, (as long as it's not malicious) arrogance can be amusing too if the girl has backbone and calls him out on it. But when the guys have this clear upper hand in the relationship, possessiveness, feel like the have the right to demand... and the main just goes along with it I hate it
Old 07-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh okay. I haven't read any of those books, although "On Dublin Street" is on my to be read list.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Pretty much every couple these days Too many douchebags for male leads. It's disturbing because the way they treat the main character is presented as sexy whilst I feel they need to be punched in the face.
Tell me about it!

I think it's even worse when it's YA
Old 07-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Addicted Fan

This is a bit old, but I disliked Rhapsody/Ashe from the Rhapsody Trilogy/Symphony of the Ages
I wanted Rhapsody/Achmed in the worst way.

Question for those who've red Mortal Instruments (I've only read the first one and barely remember what I did read)... Does Clary end up with Simon at the end of the series? I thought she and Jace were supposed to be the writer's endgame.
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

aikakone, They are. Simon is not a factor.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Addicted Fan

^Thank you. I was confused by previous posts in the thread.
aikakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

I go back and forth on them, but Rose/Dimitri the age difference/him being her mentor/dimitri's lack of character/rose's immaturity meant that I could never quite get into them. I still found them cute at points, but not the way Richelle was going for. And then there was the cheating
Reply   Post New Thread