Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by weejad (View Post)
I just hate looting something that might contain something good, and not being able to do anything but sell it to a vendor.

I tried Shadowfang Keep last night with my level 33 hunter. There's a great hunter weapon available from a quest for completing that dungeon. Made it all the way and died (on 3 tries) against the final boss - who has to drop the final piece I need for the weapon.

But I was close to killing him. One or two more levels, and some better combat buffs and I think I can take him.
I should be free tonight if you want me to run that dungeon with you?

Yeah, I know what you mean. XD You should ask in the trade channel for a rogue who can lockpick and that ou will tip.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's ok, I'm pretty close with that char, so I'll try it solo again after another level or two. I might want to run a different dungeon or char with you sometime though. But not tonight, but thanks for the offer.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Probably not a good idea, because I think that weapon was good at level 20? So if your hunter is level 33 now, if you wait some more levels then it might not be as useful cause you' can find better weapons through questing?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Actually, the quest weapon (Crossbow of the Crown - Item - World of Warcraft) is better than what I have now at 33.

It is also better than anything in the AH that I can currently equip. There are a few weapons in the AH with a better DPS, but lack the stat buffs. The only weapon even close to my level currently in the AH that would be better (IMO) requires level 39.

So, I might find a better one while questing the next couple of levels, but I doubt it.

Interestingly, the equivalent SFK quests for my other chars who are level 33 to 35 do NOT yield better weapons than what they already have (not even close for the pally and the shaman). Maybe I just haven't been as lucky with weapon drops for my hunter, but my hunter by far can deal the most damage per attack.

Last edited by weejad; 09-26-2012 at 02:54 PM
Old 09-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WoW nerds...
Old 09-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm actually tempted to buy myself this T-shirt - http://www.jinx.com/p/world_of_warcr...craft,alliance

Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ack, sorry Rick! I saw you online earlier, but I was in the middle of questing with my Panda, and forgot to set hearth to an inn yet at that point, and it was too far to walk. By the time I was in the inn area again, you went offline.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

Heh, no need to feel sorry! I was not planning any dungeons tonight anyways. I didn't play long before getting dinner anyways. Will probably just work on leveling the hunter a bt before trying SFK again.

So, how do you like the Panda and the monk class?
Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Loyal Fan

How do you equip gear in WoW, I have killed a couple pieces so far, mostly aesthetics, but the last piece was + 51 defense and took a while to earn so I'm a bit upset I lost it. So far I have been dragging it out of inventory onto my character which hasn't worked,

ON the plus side I learned that the bottom row allows you to do special moves during combat and I am no longer absolutely relying on my pet.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Open your character info window. It's the 1st button on the bottom-right button bar (with a mini-pic of you), or press C on the keyboard. Then drag the item from your backpack and drop it on your character in the character info window. You can also right-click the item in your backpack.

If it doesn't work, the item might be something you can't equip. Hover your mouse over the item. If anything appears in red on the description that pops up, that explains why you can't equip it.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-C- (View Post)
How do you equip gear in WoW, I have killed a couple pieces so far, mostly aesthetics, but the last piece was + 51 defense and took a while to earn so I'm a bit upset I lost it. So far I have been dragging it out of inventory onto my character which hasn't worked,

ON the plus side I learned that the bottom row allows you to do special moves during combat and I am no longer absolutely relying on my pet.
What Rick said, also the bottom bar, has numbers on them, so if you press those numbers on your keyboard, it will do that spell/move/etc. for you.

No need to mouse click.

So if you learn a new spell or ability, you can open your spell book and drag the spell you want to use in the bottom bar for easy use.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff-C- (View Post)
So Geoff, you made a hunter? What race, and what level are you now? Have you chosen your professions or specialization yet?

Here is my hunter if you're curious:
Emmair @ Misha - Community - World of Warcraft

( Oh, and FYI - she's much prettier in her human form. )
Old 09-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I am a level 7 Hunter, haven't chosen a profession or speciality yet. Basically all I have done is kill some wolves around the town, then cleared some Kobolds out of a mine to earn some gear that I destroyed by accident.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

What race did you choose?

Also, what is your character name? I may run some dungeons tonight or tomorrow, and I'll probably find some gear that I can't use but you can, so I can send it to you.

Do you understand about the quality of stuff you find, indicated by the color of the name of the items?
gray = poor quality = useless trash, just sell it at the next vendor you visit
white = common quality = if you can't use it, some other people might; either sell at auction house or to a vendor
green = uncommon quality = this is very good gear for low levels; if you can't use it, definitely keep it for later or sell it at the auction house
blue = rare quality = extremely good gear, but very rare to find

There are some white items that can be sold for a decent profit at the auction house (AH) if you have a lot of them. For ex, linen cloth - sells at the AH for around 100x what vendors pay for it. At your level, you will probably get a lot of this. Save it and when you get a full stack of 20, list it at auction. But not all white items are like this. But generally, if you find a lot of something white, check the going prices at the AH.

If you have any questions about auctioning (or anything), just ask.

As far as professions, there are 2 types: "gathering" (herbalism, mining, skinning) and "crafting" (alchemy, blacksmithing, ... etc). I strongly recommend you take at least 1 gathering profession, and taking 2 gathering is not a bad idea either - especially for your first character.

If you do choose to take a crafting profession, make sure you also take the associated gathering profession. Otherwise you will have to buy your crafting materials at the AH and will always be broke or unable to advance your craft as quickly as you'd like.

Last edited by weejad; 09-27-2012 at 01:39 PM
Old 09-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm a human, tried a bunch of names that wouldn't work and settled on SarahWalker so there are like 100 people with the same name, once I get to level 10 I will post a link from the site you did, but it wont let me at the moment.