Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

^ I second that...

I use to be one of them too. Back in the P/J days. Phewwww. I thought I was going to develope high blood pressure during those debating days.

That's why I love the Greek board so much..

BTW, Cappie eating that sausage, or whatever was hilarious. IDK, but I LOL'd.
"pacey I love you, you know that and it's very real." ~ Joey to Pacey 6x24 (dawson's creek)
Old 04-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

The part with the possum cracked me up, when Rusty was like "this is supposed to be a single"
Old 04-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CappieTauLove (View Post)
nicely said faith grows old.

ITA that it's cool to see other people's opinions. especially in a chill thread like the GREEK one. there are so many forums i've been in where different POVs get flamed so hard so it's refreshing to be in one that's so open.
Agreed. I've always felt that the GREEK fandom is very open, and takes things as they come on the show instead of violently reacting against it. One of the things that I love most about the show is it doesn't take itself too seriously and I think the community reflects that.

Myself, I liked both C/C and M/C, for different reasons. The C/C interaction in this episode was really charming, and I agree with whoever said they are realistic in that they have feelings about each other but different views, and still care about the other people they are with. It does seem very true to life, which is refreshing. Which is why C/C not being together doesn't make me angry or upset, because I know that they still care about each other, it's obvious in their interaction and those feelings are what is most important. I love that he helped her out with the IKI thing, and that whole scene was just brilliant with the KTs storming the party.

I thought that M/C was also very sweet in this episode. I think that they are realistic in a way too because, honestly, your college love isn't necessarily your be and end-all. It's someone you enjoy spending your time with at the moment and that's what M/C have. And although Max did make a big sacrifice for her, I think it was very genuine of him to ask Rusty not to tell her because he didn't want her to feel obliged to him. I liked that because I was worried that if she did know, she would feel obligated to stay that way but I think it speaks volumes for Max that he made the sacrifice and knows that it's not guaranteed they'll stay together just because he did it.

But my favorite relationship of the episode was Ashleigh/Casey! Their friendship is too cute for words. I felt kind of bad that they were both keeping stuff from each other but at the end I'm glad they both ended up coming clean and everything worked out. I'm definitely excited to see where this goes. Everyone is so very in character - Ashleigh, Rebecca, Frannie, etc... I'm loving it. Another thing in general about Greek that this episode reminded me is that Greek always has a consistent feel to it. Where as a lot of shows change after their first season and take a completely different tone that puts off fans because it's not the show they fell in love with, I feel like Greek has actually done a better job than most and has a natural progression.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Fair Verona (View Post)
But my favorite relationship of the episode was Ashleigh/Casey! Their friendship is too cute for words. I felt kind of bad that they were both keeping stuff from each other but at the end I'm glad they both ended up coming clean and everything worked out. I'm definitely excited to see where this goes. Everyone is so very in character - Ashleigh, Rebecca, Frannie, etc... I'm loving it. Another thing in general about Greek that this episode reminded me is that Greek always has a consistent feel to it. Where as a lot of shows change after their first season and take a completely different tone that puts off fans because it's not the show they fell in love with, I feel like Greek has actually done a better job than most and has a natural progression.
agreed! i think these two have the best girl/girl friendship of all the TV shows i've seen. it's not overly dramatic or anything like that. they have their problems, but they work it out. their relationship as best friends is believable because they're so natural about everything, which says a lot about the amazing actresses that portray them! i think that the more this series continues, the more the cast grows into the characters they play. especially if you compare the first episode to more recent ones. the characters, especially the girls, have totally grown and fleshed out into characters that are believable and real. it makes the viewers invest in them, which is a really good thing.

at the end of the day, i'll still be watching greek. not some show with the same name, but completely outrageous and off-topic storylines. things will change as the seasons progress, but the dynamic will stay the same. i think this show is one of the few shows i don't have to worry they'll go off track.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ ITA with your entire post, for sure. And Greek never takes itself too seriously, which I love.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

i dont know i personly cant stand c/c its not for me
Old 04-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Passionate Fan

some people love them, some people don't. it's all a matter of opinion really.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Definitely. I personally enjoy different aspects of all of the couples, I think because of the writing.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Passionate Fan

^ ITA! each couple on the show, whether i like them or not, always have their moments. definitely proves how skilled the writers are with their craft.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

spitter moved out! *sniff*
Old 04-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I totally agree with all the talk here about how all of the fans of this show seem to be really chill people, not interested in the bs shipper wars of other forums. And it is totally in part because of the show too. Greek doesn't play mind games like other shows do. I mean, Dawson's Creek was pretty much set up so you either hated Dawson/Joey or Joey/Pacey, but in Greek, there is a lot more wiggle room because all of the couples seem somewhat realistic.

Hell, I enjoy Casey with Cappie, Evan, and Max, and I like Rebecca/Cappie too. The show is just so good that if they put a couple together, it'll be interesting no matter what. They don't pit fanbases against each other, they just make the plot so good that the show's entire fanbase enjoys the show, despite what couples are together at the time.

Excellent writing - one of the reasons we all love the show, right?

It was so nice seeing a new episode, it reminded me what i've been missing. Such a lighthearted, fun show.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Edit: Linking to unofficial sites that stream/have DL links of full episodes is against FF rules.

Last edited by keep the starlight; 04-05-2009 at 11:46 PM