Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Throughout the year, basically the whole team will show up but depending on the project is the dependent on how many guys will show. Yesterday it was Southpaw the mascot and a former player, Ron Kittle. It's usually one or two guys when we're at the Depository and more like 8-10 when we do the big projects. On MLK Day, we're doing another school so there'll be more guys. In the offseason it's hard because most guys don't stay in Chicago. At the beginning it was more fun to see who'd show up, player wise but now it's just nice to help out and see the other volunteers that I've been working with for two seasons now.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

That's great. No matter who shows up, they're bringing people together to help those and that's a great thing. I'm glad they do it.

And happy new years!

-Hannah

Last edited by Umgirl; 12-31-2010 at 08:23 PM
Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Yep, it's always fun.

Happy New Year to you too.

My neighbors brought their two year old granddaughter over. She cracks me up. She walked in saying, "It's me, Bella! I'm here to party!" She showed everyone her fancy shoes and swishy dress and the bow in her hair like Sally from Cat in the Hat. We painted and played Thomas the Tank Engine and wore glow bracelets and necklaces and played ring around the rosie and blew noisemakers in each others faces and then she conked out around 8. My neighbor took some pics, if she sends them and they're decent, I'll share. We have the same camera but her pictures always come out blurry. I don't understand.

Anyone make a resolution?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

She sounds cute!

Beyond find a job soon? Nope. LOL I don't do resolutions because I always break them.

-Hannah
Old 01-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

She's turning into a fun little person. She already knows all of her shapes, colors, numbers to 20 and right/left. I had Kindergartners that left not knowing some of that.. (Her mom's a teacher)

I don't make resolutions either. Giving up stuff for Lent is the most I can handle.

I don't want to wait 4 more hours for the Winter Classic!
Old 01-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Happy New Year guys!
icon
Old 01-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Excellent. LOL I was terrible with left and right until I was in 3rd grade, but by then I had become so directionally challenged that I've never recovered. LOL

I love the winter classic. I went to one!

-Hannah
Old 01-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Master Fan

Happy New Year, Jess! Hope you and your fam had a good holiday.

I just tell kids to put their hands out and try to make an L. The hand that can is your left. Of course that meant nothing to Mexican kids when the Spanish word for left is "izquierdo/a".

I don't know who to root for at the Winter Classic. It's tied now. I hate Sid but I might hate Ovechkin more. Guess I'm rooting for the Pens. I'll just root for Edzo in the booth. He's doing a good job commentating.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Elite Fan

Hope everyone enjoyed their new years!
Old 01-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Stupid Caps..

Which Winter Classic did you go to Hannah? Buffalo?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

I hate Sid. I hate him. HATE. HATE. HATE him. Seriously, HATE him. He is such a whiner. But I have always been meh on the Caps, but I rooted for them anyways. LOL

Yup, we went to Buffalo; my friend got tickets from her boss, so we went. It was fun. We've also been to the Michigan/Michigan State outdoors game! As a Michigan alum that was a whole lot more fun!

Are you gonna watch PLL tomorrow night Sara? Or even Make It or Break it whenever it comes back?

-Hannah

Last edited by Umgirl; 01-02-2011 at 08:18 PM
Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

I hate Sid but I hate Ovie more for what he did to Soupy last season. Jerk.

My uncle asked me if I wanted Hawks/Wings tickets for our WC but I hate Wrigley so much so I said no. I can't imagine rooting for the home team in that dump. We go to their house for the game on NYD so it's more fun to watch with everyone anyways. Plus you can see better.

Need to start working on a summer trip. I'm feeling the NYC tingle again but I want to go in 2012 when Annie returns to Broadway. Road trip wise I've got a few ideas but my friend and I always do one big airplane trip. We get 4 flights with her uncle's free airline passes so we can hop around if we want. Hmm..
Old 01-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Master Fan

I wanted to go to the Wings/'Hawks WC but I had to work, so I couldn't. Blah.

That sounds fun! I've never seen Annie on Broadway but I don't know if I'd ever want to. I love the movie so much. LOL

-Hannah
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

I was kind of worried to see Mary Poppins because of the same reason but it was amazing. Annie is one of my favorite movies too. We used to have the Drury Lane Theater around here that always had great shows. Now everything just goes downtown. I saw Annie there when I was turning 8. The girl who played Pepper signed my program. It was probably the only good birthday present my grandparents ever got me.

'Four of Me' is going to be a new documentary on Lifetime in February about 17 year old identical quads. My friend and I are super pumped. Love those shows about multiples.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

I'm stoked for Annie on Broadway too.

My legs are killin. Damn having to go to the gym.