Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad there's a chance of it returning, too bad its will be without the original show runners

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 02-17-2008, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

hmm ... not sure what to think of that. I enjoyed the show as it was, so wouldn't be impressed by any major changes.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad it has the chance of returning, but I'm not happy about the idea it going on without the original show runners.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

from the new Ask Ausiello

Question: Please don't let them cancel Women's Murder Club. What's the latest on its renewal chances? — Jennifer
Ausiello: On the plus side, I hear ABC is committed to trying to make the show work — hence the firing of three exec producers last week. On the downside, the sets have been dismantled, which is always an ominous sign. According to one Clubgoer, the trick now is finding a show-runner who gets the series and sees eye to eye with creator/novelist James Patterson. And per my source, "Patterson isn't on the same page with anyone."

Old 02-20-2008, 06:57 PM
New Fan

You can find a list of sites and petitions supporting the return of WMC here.

Don't let ABC cancel without a fight.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link to that Nice to see a campaign like that running

Old 02-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that link

Yeah, it's really nice to see that there are many who want to see the show returning.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Quote:
'Murder Club' to produce three more originals
By Nellie Andreeva

Feb 24, 2008
ABC's "Women's Murder Club" will produce three more original episodes this season after a last-minute deal with Robert Nathan to come on board as showrunner.

He replaces co-creators/co-showrunners Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain who, along with exec producer R. Scott Gemmill, were let go earlier this month.

A pickup of additional episodes by ABC hinged on finding a new showrunner. With Nathan at the helm, "Women's" will go into production on three fresh episodes to begin airing on ABC as soon as April.

There are no plans for any significant creative changes to the series, a procedural focused on the four women who partner together to solve crimes, producing studio 20th Century Fox TV said.

Craft and Fain remain at 20th TV under an overall deal.
Source: 'Murder Club' to produce three more originals
Old 02-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Master Fan

That's good news! Thanks for bringing that over Susan
Old 02-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm happy for 3 more additional episodes! That's a good sign!

Ausiello also did a small report on it.

Quote:
Murder Club to Reopen in April

Talk about dodging a bullet.

Women's Murder Club, which has been hovering near death for the past two weeks, has succeeded in finding a new boss and will return to ABC's sked in late April, a show spokesperson confirms. Law & Order vet Robert Nathan has come on board as show-runner and will oversee production of this season's final three episodes.

Meanwhile, there was some talk that 20th Century Fox, the studio behind Murder Club, was planning to retool the show as an Angie Harmon vehicle, but the show rep denies that. "There are no plans to revamp the series dramatically or shift the emphasis in any way," insists the spokesperson. "It remains a procedural focused on the four women leads who partner together to solve crimes."

Still now word on where Murder Club will air when it returns, but I'm guessing it won't be Friday night at 9 pm. Might I suggest Mondays at 10 pm after Dancing with the Stars and Samantha Who? Just putting it out there.

Ausiello Scoop: Women's Murder Club to Return in April - Ausiello Report | TVGuide.com

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 02-24-2008 at 06:07 AM
Old 02-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Total Fan

After reading the articles I checked imdb.com to see if the new showrunner's days at L&O coincided with Angie Harmon's stint and they did not. As for Ausiello's suggestion that WMC be moved to Monday at 10 Eastern, I would rather it wasn't because that is when Medium is airing.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well I'm not that opposed to let it air at a different time and/or day.. mostly because it could gain a bigger viewership..
Friday night is not the best TV night of the week..

Old 02-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar (View Post)
Well I'm not that opposed to let it air at a different time and/or day.. mostly because it could gain a bigger viewership..
Friday night is not the best TV night of the week..
True, a move could be a good thing.

Glad to hear that there'll be at least 3 more episodes. Also that they don't plan any major changes.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Total Fan

Just to be clear, I am not opposed to a new day/time, I just don't want Monday at 10 PM Eastern because I already watch another show in that time slot.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for bringing over that article Karen