Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssiKakes (View Post)
Anyone who hates House must be a Grey's Anatomy fan.
Is that so? Because I for one do not like Grey's Anatomy at all... I really think it's just a primetime soap. The music is good though. And anyway, to get back on topic, Red + Kitty FTW. Seriously.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssiKakes (View Post)
Anyone who hates House must be a Grey's Anatomy fan.
Nope, I don't like that either . I'm not really a fan of medical shows in general.

I watched DYTIA last night where Red is reading Kitty's 'dirty girl books'. Seriously that pirate fantasy cracks me up . They are so cute.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatale (View Post)
Nope, I don't like that either . I'm not really a fan of medical shows in general.

I watched DYTIA last night where Red is reading Kitty's 'dirty girl books'. Seriously that pirate fantasy cracks me up . They are so cute.
Honestly I did too last night, I recently got Season 6 so I am watching each disc through, anyway, could I please be added to this list? Thanks.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

Ally - Hey!!!! I've been wondering where you went!

I like House, but I don't watch it regularly. I missed the episode Kurtwood was in too, not only because it aired on my birthday, but because I had this musical at school to be in. Ugh.

The pirate fantasy is awesome! Red reading dirty girl books is hilarious! I love when Kitty jumps up to kiss him in the fantasy.

Jessica

icon
Old 06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

No one has told me about the episode Kurtwood was in!

Anyway, I love Kitty and Red... in that time the husband is always the one in charge and it seems the same for Kitty and Red. But if you really watch them, you'd realise that Kitty, in that sense, 'gets away' with a lot of stuff. Plus she's always wisecracking... oh, I don't know quite how to explain it but you can see that Red really loves Kitty (and vice versa).
Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Gwen - I understand.

No matter how much bickering these two did, when it came down to the core, they loved each other. But hey, what married couple doesn't bicker? They saw through each other's flaws and worked through the rough times and it paid off. I love when Kitty wants Red to be spontaneous and they go out to eat and have that make out scene in the car.

Jessica

icon
Old 06-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Hell what couple on the show doesn't bicker, every episode Eric ends up apologizing while he is with Donna, even before Donna when he kissed Kate!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Master Fan

Yes! I loved that bit. The spontaneity. When the policeman came you'd've thought it was some teenage couple but no, it was Red and Kitty
Old 06-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Elite Fan

That was funny. And Red scared the poor police guy off.

Back to what you were saying before. As loud and brash as Red is, Kitty so wears the pants in that relationship. She wins all the arguments, if she wants a dinner party she gets a dinner party, and hell, Red bought her a puppy! Speaking of, I miss Schotzie .
Old 06-20-2007, 03:23 AM
Master Fan

Who wouldn't be scared off by Red?!

Yeah she totally does. It rocks. He bought her a puppy? Really? Awwww. Scholtzie sounds familiar though. But it's sad that despite Kitty having so much power over Red, he still treats Eric really harshly. Even if it makes for funny moments in the show.
Old 06-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, Red's not so bad. It's ok anyway, he and Kitty are such extremes in opposite personalities they cancel each other out .

And ha! I know where your new sig is from .
Old 06-20-2007, 03:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
But it's sad that despite Kitty having so much power over Red, he still treats Eric really harshly.
Didn't they comment on that once? Something about how it was Kitty's job to baby Eric and Red's job to make him a man.

Anyway, that harsh treatment made their goodbye scene all the more poignant. Red giving Eric his army knife from Korea, and telling him he loved him. And I'm always moved by Kitty almost-tearfully apologizing for being overbearing, "but that's what mothers do".

One of my favorite scenes: Red getting caught, by Eric and Hyde, looking for condoms in Eric's drawers. And when he gets back to their bedroom, Kitty laughing at him. Then he forbids saying the word "condom", and she cuddles up to his ear and says "condom". So cute, her vivacity and his hardass-ness; they really complement each other.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh i love that scene! That's what I think makes a good relationship, total opposites, if you're the same what's there to talk about? Oh btw Ms. Isabel what is your ava of? Gilmore Girls?
Old 06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Master Fan

We all know that deep down Red loves Eric. He told Eric he loved him when he was drugged up that one time after his dentist appointment. There were times when Red was nice to Eric, and they did get along a few times. He's just he was a much stricter parent than Kitty.

I totally agree when you all say Kitty controlled the relationship. Without her, Red would be so, so, so lost. LOL.

Jessica

icon
Old 06-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Aww, I love that picture! And yeah, they cancel each other out and they're just so great together. I know that deep down Red loves Eric - otherwise he wouldn't be so hard on him in the first place, right? But it's funny how each parent treats each child - like Red is so gentle on Laurie while Kitty is the hard one, and it's the opposite for Eric.

I haven't seen those scenes!