Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2003, 02:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Oriana:
<STRONG>I love Red. He is the most realistic dad on tv. </STRONG>
I will say this - he's one of very few dads on TV, and particularly sitcoms, where he's not the idiot. 98% of the time, a sitcom father is an idiot, Homer Simpson being the extreme example. And while Red may be a lot of things, idiot certainly isn't one of them.
Old 06-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad people liked the idea of this thread! I was pondering this a few months ago but only got to posting it once summer hit.

I'm on board with those who agree that Red is one of the most "realistic" dads on TV. And in general, I like how T70S handles "issues" on the show. Okay, okay, so the gang is smoking up all the time, but that too seems more realistic because they're not all angels, and it doesn't really "CHANGE EVERYTHING," you know what I mean? And when Red found out about it, the way he responded to it seemed more realistic...freaking out putting the smack down versus on other shows where it always happens: The firm but gentle discussion about drugs. Blah, blah, blah. It'a always funnier how they do it on this show, probably because it's closer to what would really happen in real life.

-Hyde
Old 06-12-2003, 02:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love how the issues on the show, while serious at time are not so dramatic. They are just more true to life. Like "The pill" episode where Jackie found out she was pregnant. I actually know a girl who said almost the exact same thing that Jackie said..about how she's going to get fat....and won't be able to run track anymore or play basketball. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Red's reactions to things on the show are much more realistic then what I've seen on most dramas like Dawson's Creek, Roswel(which the parents seem to be always MIA, and 7th Heaven.

Lorelai: So, ethics?
Rory: Highly subjective and completely overrated.
Lorelai: That's my girl.

Old 06-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Could you see Red being Dawson's dad? It would be so funny! I mean come on he would call him a pussy and stuff! I would love it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 04:38 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilMidget:
<STRONG>Yeah Laurie being nice was scary but a little nice change of pace. But I really hope they bring back the old Laurie we know and love!</STRONG>
You know... their relationship makes me think on how she feels towards him... it's known that he hates her and he thinks she's a ****... but in her diary... she states that Hyde is kind of hot.

Men I LOVE...
Danny.Hyde.Legolas.Billy

God Bless America
To the men who risk their lives for freedom, RIP
Old 06-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilMidget:
<STRONG>Could you see Red being Dawson's dad? It would be so funny! I mean come on he would call him a pussy and stuff! I would love it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
EvilMidget, that would be HILARIOUS [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Red would smack him on his giant forehead, tell him he was a dumbass who needed to shape up, stop whining, stop thinking everythign was. all. about. him. and they push him into the creek and then laugh and laugh. Ah, happy fantasy.

-Hyde
Old 06-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NewYorkerInCalif:
<STRONG>

You know... their relationship makes me think on how she feels towards him... it's known that he hates her and he thinks she's a ****... but in her diary... she states that Hyde is kind of hot.</STRONG>
Hmm...that's interesting...somehow I must've missed that diary entry when I read them awhile ago...
Old 06-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Addicted Fan

Hey! Cool thread about Forman Family!

hmmm...favorite interactions...

I love um all, but I think I'll have to with the Eric/Laurie pair cause they are hilarious, and I'm an only child so it makes it even funnier for me.

But Kitty/Laurie is pretty priceless also! "Rosemary had a better baby than me!" LMAO! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think I found the one

Icon by Rinslet
Old 06-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaded:
<STRONG>

EvilMidget, that would be HILARIOUS [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Red would smack him on his giant forehead, tell him he was a dumbass who needed to shape up, stop whining, stop thinking everythign was. all. about. him. and they push him into the creek and then laugh and laugh. Ah, happy fantasy.</STRONG>
Yeah and think about what he would say about his goofy friends. He would tell him to get over Joey and probably hate Pacey. I can see it now. Red would make them all more viral which would do them all alot of good.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Hee. I was just saw "Reefer Madness" today in syndication, and how much do I love it how Kitty goes (after Eric blurts out that he smokes weed too), "[nervous laugh] Oh! I am sooo nervous!" Also, loved how she was trying to help Eric and Hyde out with an excuse as to why they did drugs.

Now that I can appreciate.

-Hyde
Old 06-30-2003, 07:29 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NewYorkerInCalif:
<STRONG>You know... their relationship makes me think on how she feels towards him... it's known that he hates her and he thinks she's a ****... but in her diary... she states that Hyde is kind of hot.</STRONG>
Wait, how did I miss this?!?! We're talking about Laurie and Hyde?!? I'm so down with that. He's ****ty (privately) and she's ****ty publicly, so they can share their antibiotics [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I mean, look, Jackie and Hyde are opposites and THEY work... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Plus I bet they both know some awesome moves in bed. I can just see them trying to one up each other [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 06-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M3:
<STRONG>Wait, how did I miss this?!?! We're talking about Laurie and Hyde?!? I'm so down with that. He's ****ty (privately) and she's ****ty publicly, so they can share their antibiotics [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] </STRONG>
LOL! All that bickering and insulting has to lead somewhere, right? It always does in movies and stuff. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaded:
<STRONG>Hee. I was just saw "Reefer Madness" today in syndication, and how much do I love it how Kitty goes (after Eric blurts out that he smokes weed too), "[nervous laugh] Oh! I am sooo nervous!" Also, loved how she was trying to help Eric and Hyde out with an excuse as to why they did drugs.

Now that I can appreciate.</STRONG>
Oh God, two of my most favorite Kitty moments crammed into two adorable minutes. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] That's just good *****. She looked extra-sexy in that episode, too, for some reason and I dunno what it was... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2003, 08:39 PM
M3
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kikiduck:
<STRONG>LOL! All that bickering and insulting has to lead somewhere, right? It always does in movies and stuff. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Exactly! My mother started watching some horrible romance movie the other day and it starts off with a woman verbally sparring with some dude (who's hot). You just KNOW they're going to get it on later. It's so predictable.

Something I saw in a S5 eppy, where Schotzie is on the counter, and Red asks why, and Kitty just replies, without even looking up "He likes to feel tall" [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] That's just funny.

And just a general funny family moment was from Trampled Under Foot, I talked about it on the last Hyde thread, but when they are all in the kitchen, talking about inviting someone to hang out with them, and Red says "Maybe you should get rid of people instead" and Hyde's smiling at him as Red looks at him and says "Like you... " and then Red looks at Kelso with that smirky smile and goes "and you" and then he looks at Eric and gets all serious and says "and YOU". [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] And Eric goes along with it and says "but I'm your son!" and Red says "I can't play favorites" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Plus I just love that scene with them all hanging out together. It's so cute and homey. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Don't wanna be an American idiot. One nation controlled by the media.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kikiduck:
<STRONG>

LOL! All that bickering and insulting has to lead somewhere, right? It always does in movies and stuff. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Yeah, you both have a point here...hmmm...would make for an interesting fic... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]