Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

i don't really know how to feel after this epi...definitely feel for Dan though <3 he literally has no one (

but I guess there needs to be drama and I'm pretty certain this is just all leading to DAIR in the later half of the season...I mean he chose her over Serena!! that was big
Old 10-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Elite Fan

ON A BRIGHT SIDE the fact that we still didn't get to see a real kiss...is actually a good thing...it means they probably saving it
Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

My theory when Blair realizes her feelings Dan is gonna be unavailable. I don't know how but I just think he'll be set on the idea of them just being friends and Blair will want something more.

Frankly Blair does not need another relationship. She has some issues that need to be worked out. Her logic and way of thinking is all over the place.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
My theory when Blair realizes her feelings Dan is gonna be unavailable. I don't know how but I just think he'll be set on the idea of them just being friends and Blair will want something more.
I could definitely see that happening. At least I feel like there will definitely be something that provokes her feelings for Dan. He might start dating someone, but it can't be just someone - it has to be someone important to Dan. Because we all know Blair would just roll her eyes at any random girl.

But most of all I hope Blair someday realizes how much she really needs Dan, and how important he is to her.
and ignoring them just makes me a coward?"
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Frankly Blair does not need another relationship. She has some issues that need to be worked out. Her logic and way of thinking is all over the place.
this would be interesting, specially cause Dan is the one always being there for her...now is his turn to be chased. If she wants his friendship back, she better fight for it
Old 10-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)
Fair point to an extent. But how far does Dan have to selflessly extend himself before she stops making slight of his friendship and actually acts a little selflessly herself?
ICA. Now I feel like even their friendship has been one-sided. I need to see Blair appreciating Dan or caring about him or being proud of him or SOMETHING. I love DB more than any other couple rn, but damn Blair, STEP UP.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like that theory.

I could see it happening as well.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Idk how to feel.

I don't like how Blair just drops their friendship whenever Dan messes up or doesn't do what she's expecting. He tried to warn her about the book and she didn't want to listen. I know he's said he will be there for her no matter what. I do think he will. Blair needs to understand she can't just treat him like that.

I don't want Dan to be her lapdog.
AMEN! I understood the characterization before. But I feel we've progressed them so far emotionally, and stripped them to such a place that her still treating him like this almost seems cruel. I know she's angry and I empathize on some level. But instead of having an open discussion and extending the unconditional respect he regards to her now, he's treated like easily discarded trash.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
Old 10-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

It is cruel and it screams season 1 Queen B.

No matter what Dan does he's still Dan Humphrey from Brooklyn. He's not good enough. He's her friend and the person she can lean on when she needs him. But when he needs her?

I know Blair is engaged and it caused problems for her. But seriously? She needs to worry about making sure her sleeping with Chuck doesn't come out. Lawd let me go take a shower. I'm not liking what they are doing with Blair.

*breathes in and out*

Old 10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Master Fan

While I agree with you guys that Blair doesn't treat him or their friendship right, I do think it's still very Blair to do this. She acts the same way with Serena, she's a much bigger bitch to her than Serena ever is to Blair. But like all her friends always say: That's just Blair. It doesn't mean she loves her friends any less. She's just worse at showing it.
and ignoring them just makes me a coward?"
Old 10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Has the kiss scene been uploaded anywhere yet? Must rewatch!

So sad how Dan wanted to go after Blair and had to do his book launch thingy instead. He looked so defeated. I guess it might not have been the right time to go after her though...she wouldn't have listened at that point.

~Katie~
Old 10-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

I partly agree about Blair, guys, but I came across this post on tumblr that I think we need to read right now.

Quote:
also on Blair
first of all she’s pregnant. HORMONES = over the top moods and anger.
secondly she’s PREGNANT if Louis leaves her…she’s gonna be a single mother raising a kid, that is not fun. Of COURSE she is gonna be upset that Louis is leaving her and that Dan caused it.
third, this was her first reaction. Now that she knows the book didn’t ruin her relationship with Louis I think she will (she should!) apologize.
Actually that’s it. But she’s getting married and she’s pregnant of course she will choose that over Dan and that’s sad for Dan but that doesn’t mean she doesn’t care about him or is a bad person.
[/blair stan for life]
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, I felt really really bad for Dan this episode...I knew this was going to happen b/w Dan and Blair. All I can say is, I hope Blair knows that Dan's the one that needs a friend and actually steps up. How thin is one guy supposed to stretch himself for a girl? Also, Blair TOTALLY knows Dan has feelings for her, otherwise she wouldn't have told him to get it through his head that they are only friends. (paraphrasing)
On a side note, Rufus's issue with the book was more serious then I thought it was going to be. And I actually took it harder then I thought I would.

Last edited by jane.cartier; 10-17-2011 at 06:48 PM Reason: clarification
Old 10-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Air
Elite Fan

Blair's first reaction to everything is anger and outrage anyway.

I just hate how open ended they left it!

I mean....look at the way her face fell when Serena was all confident she was the romantic lead in the book. Her face LITERALLY FELL. That's huge.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

LORD HAVE MERCY

THIS IS HOT