Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I think it's amazing how many fans they have as a result of a little amount of scenes, just shows the power of those scenes and their potential if they'd gotten more. Imagine if all the DS scenes had been NS..!
Old 07-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa2011 (View Post)
Yup, it will! They just need more scenes in general, period. They barely had a chance to gain shippers, but they did. If given the chance, they definitely will be good, especially with the awesome Blake/Chace chemistry.
ITA... very few scenes... yet they still managed a pretty damn good fanbase

Quote:
I suspect that they'd want Nate to be real competition for Dan. Serena brings out the good in Nate (aside from the cheating, that could have been handled better) so I definitely think they'd want to stray away from Blair's Nate, because people like me hated that one. So it'd be much better for Nate's character and fan base as far as I'm concerned.
i really hope he is showed as strong competition for Dan...

but i actually like BN
Old 07-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ohh yes, agreed! Blair's Nate was ugh. Just as much as Nate's Blair, until she found the Chuck.
And its not only that, I truly believe Nate can be the one to bring out the best in Serena mostly because he lets her be who she is, whoever. He loves her with all her flaws, and thats worth a lot, as we all could see. ^^
Old 07-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
Nate was drunk when he slept with Serena and it should have ended his relationship with Blair not Serena.
But it had to end his relationship with Serena to redeem her, as much as she loved Nate as a friend or whatnot, Blair is Serena's everything, and even though it hurt her to keep away from him, i think it's something she had to do i still think so many NS-less epis were an exaggeration though
Old 07-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyle (View Post)
Yeah, I think it's amazing how many fans they have as a result of a little amount of scenes, just shows the power of those scenes and their potential if they'd gotten more. Imagine if all the DS scenes had been NS..!
Then our thread would been like 300
Old 07-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

I can only like Nate if he's no way near Blair, so I guess its subjective.

Either way, I'm curious to see what they have in store for NS.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

However,Nate and Serena been friends for ages you can not just erase someone from your life like that
Old 07-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ohh yes, agreed! Blair's Nate was ugh. Just as much as Nate's Blair, until she found the Chuck.
And its not only that, I truly believe Nate can be the one to bring out the best in Serena mostly because he lets her be who she is, whoever. He loves her with all her flaws, and thats worth a lot, as we all could see. ^^
Yes, NS and CB are quite familiar in that regard. They love and accept each other!

^ You can temporarily. And that's what they're showing, it could only be temporary.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I truly believe Nate can be the one to bring out the best in Serena mostly because he lets her be who she is, whoever. He loves her with all her flaws, and thats worth a lot, as we all could see. ^^
Yup, i hate when some people say that Nate will bring Serena's "bad" ways back, i really don't see it that way, yes he might bring back old Serena, but not "bad" old Serena who gets drunk every night... he doesn't encourage that, but he never stopped loving her because of that either... like when he saw her passed out in the elevator, he was worried about her, i don't think he enjoys seeing her that way, but he didn't judge her and helped her recuperate, he was worried about her and listened to her...

The only parts of "old" Serena i see him bringing back, are the playful, funloving, lighthearted, outgoing Serena ones... like when she uses her fake voices with him
Old 07-27-2008, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
However,Nate and Serena been friends for ages you can not just erase someone from your life like that
Exactly, and thats what bugged me the most in S1. They just cut Nate out of S' life, it was like they didnt even know each other anymore. I was really happy with the 2nd half of the season then, those 2 scenes were awesome. And yes, it showed it can only be temporary, its what I realized then. You cant keep these two apart for long. They'll always come back to each other.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

I think Dan would have a greater chance of bringing out the negative aspects of her character just from how things ended between them. Where the space could help her figure things out, and Nate being there for her would just be good for her.

I always thought that was weird too. But it was only a few months really, so not that bad in that respect.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah that's true, i agree with you and Lisa... it's just wrong how they pretended NS were nothing, they were obviously REALLY close, yet we got close to nothing portraying that in S1
Old 07-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary1591 (View Post)
Yup, i hate when some people say that Nate will bring Serena's "bad" ways back, i really don't see it that way, yes he might bring back old Serena, but not "bad" old Serena who gets drunk every night... he doesn't encourage that, but he never stopped loving her because of that either...
People are actually still saying that? Wow. I find it funny, seeing with whom she was together and couldnt trust enough/was afraid to tell the truth, while her life crushed down on her again. While her really bad old self came back. Kind of ironic, no? Sigh.

Quote:
The only parts of "old" Serena i see him bringing back, are the playful, funloving, lighthearted, outgoing Serena ones... like when she uses her fake voices with him
Yeah, so true. There's no way Nate wants Serena to get hurt, be hurt. He wants her happy and he's able to make her happy, no doubt about it.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
I think Dan would have a greater chance of bringing out the negative aspects of her character just from how things ended between them. Where the space could help her figure things out, and Nate being there for her would just be good for her.

I always thought that was weird too. But it was only a few months really, so not that bad in that respect.
A few months in GG time = an eternity for me...

and about Dan, idk but i think they're trying to redeem him already, they're making DS... fun
Old 07-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
I see, we agree! Awesome. ^^
The only person she needs a break from for real, is Dan. Seriously. She needs to stop trying to be perfect for him. Nobody can be perfect.