Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartiergurl01 (View Post)
Actually I can see where Nate's anger comes from regarding Chuck since that's his best friend/safety net and it's kind of a rule that you just don't date or hook up your best friend's ex especially if it's less than 24 hours that they're broken up and they've kind of been with each other the majority of their life. I'm thinking Nate is more angered at the betrayal of Chuck's action more than the fact that it was with Blair.
I can see that, but it would be incredibly hypocritical.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Wow, you guys post really fast! I go away to work for a few hours and come back to a new thread. Love the title, btw.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah i agree. Nate has a right to be upset by Chuck's betrayal, but at the same time.... I feel like i have said it before. It just goes around in circles.

and yes we do move fast.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

The way I see it, I think this is going back to the conversation he had with Chuck that day about Blair. Chuck basically manipulated the situation to prevent it from happening under the impression it was a result of him caring about Nate.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesbitch (View Post)
The way I see it, I think this is going back to the conversation he had with Chuck that day about Blair. Chuck basically manipulated the situation to prevent it from happening under the impression it was a result of him caring about Nate.
Did you mean, not caring?
Old 11-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

My God. I go to wash my shoes, and we're a whole page ahead.

Anyways, I'm trying to follow the conversation. It's not working out too well

cassie ainsworth ;

lexi
icon by me
Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiagonalZipper (View Post)
Did you mean, not caring?
What I meant was Chuck acted like his advice was a result of him caring about Nate and his happiness. Really, I think most of it had to do with Chuck not wanting Nate and Blair to get back together because he was now interested in Blair.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
What I meant was Chuck acted like his advice was a result of him caring about Nate and his happiness. Really, I think most of it had to do with Chuck not wanting Nate and Blair to get back together because he was now interested in Blair.
There's that, but at that moment I think he cared more about Blair. And what Nate's parents wanted him to do was unfair and pretty cruel.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
-at this point u guys would just say chuck likes blair hes not in love or anything right??
-I understand that Blair hasnt actually admitted to liking chuck but i do think she has SOME feelings for him...although i do think some of the reason theyve hooked up is bc shes been vulnerable
-do u think they'll actually do a C and B relationship bc that would be really hard to do without compromising their personalities...how do u think that would all work??
Old 11-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think chuck wants what is best for Nate and himself. He doesn't want Nate and Blair to be together because he knows that is not what his friend wants and he wants blair himself. He wants his friend to be happy and he wants to be happy too.

or that is at least what i think.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I was watching Poison Ivy again and it's so sweet how Chuck says that Blair doesn't get enough credit for her wit. Imagine how many of her awesome, snarky, witty lines have gone over Nate's head.

Chuck's advice was meant for everyone to win. Nate to stand up to his parents and stop leading Blair on and also for himself (and Blair) too.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think a relationship will happen this season... too soon. But I think that there's a possibility for the future. And I don't think that they'd have to compromise their personalities, just tweak some.

And I don't think Chuck is in love with Blair yet, but he is falling pretty fast. And Blair definitely has some feelings, but will probably repress the extent of them for a while yet...
Old 11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecan (View Post)
I was watching Poison Ivy again and it's so sweet how Chuck says that Blair doesn't get enough credit for her wit. Imagine how many of her awesome, snarky, witty lines have gone over Nate's head.

Chuck's advice was meant for everyone to win. Nate to stand up to his parents and stop leading Blair on and also for himself (and Blair) too.
i agree with this but i think if nate did still feel something for blair chuck wouldnt be opposed to pushing them apart
Old 11-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbonista (View Post)
-at this point u guys would just say chuck likes blair hes not in love or anything right??
-I understand that Blair hasnt actually admitted to liking chuck but i do think she has SOME feelings for him...although i do think some of the reason theyve hooked up is bc shes been vulnerable
-do u think they'll actually do a C and B relationship bc that would be really hard to do without compromising their personalities...how do u think that would all work??
I think that Chuck is definitely in the process of falling for her, although he's probably not ready to say the L word yet. And I agree I think the main reason, on Blair's part, is that she was vulnerable and Chuck was there when she needed someone to pay attention and want her. However, I personally view their relationship before episode 7 as a close friendship and I don't think Blair would have slept with just anyone.

I think they could easily do a real relationship between the two without having to compromise their personalities. Really, these two together make more sense than Blair being with Nate.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbonista (View Post)
I think that's why they're so drawn to each other. They're not trying to be good or please one another. They can be them sexy selves. I imagine them being like Dione and Murray from Clueless -- always bickering and fiery, but so considerate to each other when no one else's is around.