Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

There are 68 days left
Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

To me it comes down to the fact, that Jensen does not have a twitter and therefore he can't promote it as well as Jared did with his charity.
Jensen did mentioned Team Levi himself, becuase before he said anything, fans didn't even know that he has a nephew with Down's Syndrome and that they are participating in Buddy Walk. With Baby Ackles Gift, Danneel was the one who mentioned it on her Twitter, Jensen wrote the message on the page and now it should be up to fans to promote it IMO. To me, with the way that haters are, if Jensen and Danneel would try it to promote it more, they would be called greedy. I've already seen some posts about how they copied Jared and Gen's idea about the charity and all they want to do is to beat their goal and that's why they want to rach 50k.
It's also the fact that some bigger websites are doing nothing or bare minimum to help them spread the word. I remember well what some of them were doing last year to promote Padalecki's charity and what they are doing now.

But true Jensen and Danneel's fans will always find the way to help them. I found this page -> Charity4BabyAckles : Charity4BabyAckles, where some amazing fans are tryning all they can to spread the word about the charity and as I was reading it, I found this amazing post.

The original post was about asking Convention organizers about the help, and this what was posted about New Jesrey Con:

Quote:
Creation Con (NJ con):

I contacted Gary, one of the owners of Creation, and he thought that the
Ackles's fundraising would be a "fantastic choice" for Creation's auction at the
NJ con.

He also said that Creation has already made a donation to the fundraising and
that he's "spoken to Jensen about our efforts to continue to do so." So,
hopefully, Creation itself has some other ideas to help with the fundraising.
So I hope that they are planning something special for the Con
Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

That is great news; hopefully at the convention in a few weeks it will get some more 'publicity' and more money raised
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait until the next convention. i hope their charity gets some promotion at the con. true fans in this fandom have done amazing things charity wise. they are going to be great parents!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

Agreed!

And I hope some people ask Jensen some non-invasive questions - you can just tell how big his smile will be
Old 04-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

O yeah He's gonna be so happy and probably a litlle bit nervous as well. Especially in Rome, bieng so far from Danneel and all with June is getting closer and closer
Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

I know. I still can't believe how fast time flies. I'm getting nervous for them lol.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

I know - I bet its great that Jensen gets to be at home for the last few months of the pregnancy
Old 04-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

And they can settle in to their new house together!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't wait for all the happy smiley Jensen pictures of the cons.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

^ I know!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:56 PM
New Fan

I've donated once and will donate again later. I also post about the fundraising on Twitter every once in a while. I agree that some websites/fansites were more vocal when it was Jared's turn, but there's little we can do about it. Hopefully Creation and the other Cons will help promote the cause.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for posting all the news
Old 04-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree, it seems to have flown by since they announced it. Only a few weeks left for them!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Such a sweet comment from Bjoern Kommerell's Facebook Page (he was their wedding photographer and also did some of Danneel's photoshoots). He posted it today:

Quote:
So if there was a vote for the sexiest pregnant woman in the US, I'd totally vote for Danneel Ackles (ONE TREE HILL, HAROLD & KUMAR). And with Jensen Ackles as the dad, this baby will most likely be the most gorgeous toddler on this planet. I am happy for you, Danneel!
I wonder, maybe they did new personal photoshoot with him? They seem to know him very well and trust him (since they asked him to cover their wedding photos), so it wouldn't suprise me if they asked him to do a pregnancy photoshoot just for them