Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Indeed. I knew he was skilled, but I'm surprised by how good the artist is with these people.

And, yeah, Brenda's face is full of expression. This is the triangle that she can't seem to win, unless you count Kelly's story during "Slumber Party," so it'd probably be interesting to see even more scenes with these three.
Old 08-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nobody ever counts that Brenda broke up her best friend's relationship in Minnesota when she talks in that episode.

That's always bugged me.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's always bugged me a little too. I guess people, myself included, go easy on Brenda since we didn't actually see it.

So I've written descriptions for all four planned images, which will be posted elsewhere as well. One is the summer scene, the details of which are still being worked out. The other three feature unseen marriages (no Andrea and Jesse, Steve and Janet, etc).

I've made sure to note everything discussed here -- it's never totally confirmed that Dylan and Kelly slept together during the summer, just suggested in the S6 episode "Speechless," which I always viewed as a retcon.

Can't wait to see them.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Nobody ever counts that Brenda broke up her best friend's relationship in Minnesota when she talks in that episode.

That's always bugged me.

I really don`t understand why they never mentioned that again. The writers must have forgotten it which is not really good IMO.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 08-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

I got an e-mail. A page has been added to the summer scene, for a total of two. I haven't seen sketches yet, but I don't think I'll be able to post these ones here. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James26 (View Post)

This is amazing! It looks so much like Dylan and Kelly from past scenes/photoshoots that I can "tell" what non-existent color shirts they're wearing.

Gosh, if I could draw these two, I would do nothing else.

Quote:
As noted, they're done by other members of the Extended team. I just design the images and handle the writing when we do a comic.
Thanks for linking the website! How do you design the images, like you tell them the set up and what to draw? This is so cool.

Quote:
I've seen the summer sketch. Impossibly amazing. Cropped version:
You mean there's an un-cropped version? Is this supposed to be the cabana kiss scene?
Quote:
I remember thinking they would have her say Brandon with Luke leaving b/c they would want to pimp BK.
I know, right? It surprised me too.
Quote:
I never personally thought they did, but the script with her private thought raises the possibility that it happened at some point (perhaps after their conversation). I didn't write the episode. Just quoting what Kelly said.
Her private thought from S6's "Speechless" is just that she had slept with her best friend's boyfriend and her boyfriend's best friend. I think she was speaking generally, not counting the exact times that any given couple is broken up or not, so it's just if she ever slept with Dylan and if she ever slept with Brandon.

Yeah, for fan art, though -- by all means … who am I to mind if they sleep together? Run freeee, little ones.
Quote:
While we're discussing possibilities, I wanted to see what a D/K daughter might look like, but I don't think we'll get that.
We've come up with scenes before that must have happened off-screen. Still hoping to do a complete list before I die.

Quote:
The details to Brenda's face is really well done.
It looks like S1 Brenda … and Dylan, like from the pilot and 1x06, respectively.

Quote:
My headcanon is that Dy/K got married and had a boy.

They named him Jack.
I like that. I've never given any thought to what they'd name a daughter or what she'd look like.

Quote:
The other three feature unseen marriages (no Andrea and Jesse, Steve and Janet, etc).
OoOoh …

Quote:
I haven't seen sketches yet, but I don't think I'll be able to post these ones here.
PM us?
Old 08-08-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
This is amazing! It looks so much like Dylan and Kelly from past scenes/photoshoots that I can "tell" what non-existent color shirts they're wearing.

Gosh, if I could draw these two, I would do nothing else.

Thanks for linking the website! How do you design the images, like you tell them the set up and what to draw? This is so cool.

You mean there's an un-cropped version? Is this supposed to be the cabana kiss scene?
I know, right? It surprised me too.
Her private thought from S6's "Speechless" is just that she had slept with her best friend's boyfriend and her boyfriend's best friend. I think she was speaking generally, not counting the exact times that any given couple is broken up or not, so it's just if she ever slept with Dylan and if she ever slept with Brandon.

Yeah, for fan art, though -- by all means … who am I to mind if they sleep together? Run freeee, little ones.
We've come up with scenes before that must have happened off-screen. Still hoping to do a complete list before I die.

It looks like S1 Brenda … and Dylan, like from the pilot and 1x06, respectively.

I like that. I've never given any thought to what they'd name a daughter or what she'd look like.

OoOoh …

PM us?
I'm glad you see Dy/K not sleeping together that summer too as Canon.

I've seen my Dy/K edits enough to know what Kelly said in her mind that episode.

There is nothing later that disputes it and it would be pretty stupid to when the characters had the convo onscreen about how they didn't.

I don't see how you can even say it could have been off screen b/c of this.

Dy/K connected that summer without sex. That means a lot IMO.

How could Dylan not name his son Jack?

Sammy ridic name. So not Canon.

That dumb show put no thought into anything.

Do you think there was any particular reason the show wrote Kelly choosing Dylan as her best kiss at that point?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 08-09-2016, 05:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'll drop the "Speechless" issue here. I can tell that some of us really want to believe that she wasn't talking about her summer with Dylan -- but since that's a period when he happened to be her "best friend's boyfriend," and since that's probably the show's most famous story line, my point is, it's possible.

But if we choose to believe it impossible, okay.

Quote:
This is amazing!
Thanks, Mel!

Quote:
Sometimes, but the artists throw in their own spins and ideas too.

Quote:
No, it's a new scene.

Quote:
PM us?
The images that can't be posted here should be available via PM.

I've seen the new page in the summer scene now.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sometimes, but the artists throw in their own spins and ideas too.
Are they big fans of the show? I hope so, lol.

Quote:
Do you think there was any particular reason the show wrote Kelly choosing Dylan as her best kiss at that point?
Hm, well maybe because the main choices are Brandon and Dylan and Valerie had just recently kissed Brandon in the S5 finale. If Kelly chose him, the writers would have to moreso address some spark of Kelly/Valerie tension when the scene was about the girls trying to bond. Lol, trying to bond despite some final tension between Donna and Val, because of her relationship with Ray. Yeah, so maybe not a good time to double up on Valerie and let the conflict spotlight rest on Donna/Val.

Other candidates are pretty weak. Steve? Why go there? That dead horse is very much beaten. Jake? Also, why? He's long gone. They could have had Kelly say Colin, her briefly current boyfriend, but cue the well-earned collective groans from the audience, her comment stepping on the magnitude that was Dylan/Kelly and Brandon/Kelly for a guy we hardly know. Also, can't be Colin because Valerie recently had gotten her hands on him if I recall. Oh lord.

Quote:
since that's a period when he happened to be her "best friend's boyfriend,"
The thing is, Dylan will always be her "best friend's boyfriend" in an assessment of guilt like this. At no point do you get a free pass. That's all. I could live with them having had sex earlier in the series, although it would change some things.
Quote:
There is nothing later that disputes it and it would be pretty stupid to when the characters had the convo onscreen about how they didn't.
Exactly. It would be more than a minor retcon, and with no real payoff for the show in doing so. There's the entirety of "Castles In the Sand" and the summer to consider, "Rebel With A Cause" where they want to/don't want to/want to/don't want to sleep together and Dylan's proposal to "spend the night with me, Kelly" is a big weighty deal that isn't seen through, "Back In the High Life" when they tell Brenda they didn't sleep together yet (before that, Dylan skipped town, B/k were distracted with their 'Princeton' dates, and we saw the dalliances of Xmas), and the whole "Dead End" to "Senior Poll" arc where the fact that they had just started sleeping together has a major influence on their relationship and individual stories. I just don't see them lying to Brenda about not sleeping together when that's already the reality between them that we get to see. But more importantly, there's no reason for me to feel the need to consider that they would be lying to her there. By default, I have to assume all characters are being earnest. Unless it's "Melrose Place", in which case I assume the opposite.

However …

I think it's fair to say that they made out a few more times than what we saw and/or took things further. For instance, how exactly did Kelly's earring get lost in Dylan's couch after that first on-screen kiss that we saw? Stuff like that.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Are they big fans of the show? I hope so, lol.
Sometimes we're familiar with the same thing. One of the guys is a big fan of Marvel movies, while I'm more casual about them.

For example, the Brandon/Nikki description went something like this: "Full-body cuddling without a sheet. He wears shorts and she wears a nightgown while they smile at each other."

I'm pretty sure no one who I work with will be a Brandon/Nikki fan. I'm the last one on Earth!
Old 08-09-2016, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm pretty sure no one who I work with will be a Brandon/Nikki fan. I'm the last one on Earth!
Well, certainly the biggest one I know. But never the last.

Yeah, most of what these art projects are based on are films I've never seen (Blue Lagoon spinoff, Chloe).
Old 08-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think Jac would enjoy these images. It's all about wish fulfillment. I didn't know that Spencer and Mona had a nice little following. Obviously, a lot of couples from this show do.

The "Speechless" argument isn't with me, the argument is with the writer(s) -- because regardless of our personal interpretations, Kelly's line in that episode makes it possible that they slept together during the summer. I never thought they did, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: New image of Kelly cuddling with him. I wish I was getting this many Brandon/Nikki updates.

Last edited by James26; 08-09-2016 at 01:42 PM
Old 08-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

The first two Dylan/Kelly scenes were just finished. Amazing. It's D/K as you've never seen them before. I'm looking forward to posting everything together.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wonderful artwork.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 08-10-2016, 02:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I've never given any thought to what they'd name a daughter or what she'd look like.
Spoiler:

It seems that D/K are getting a few more images than the other pairings because their story line continued past the end of the show. So, the artists can examine things that have been speculated (like whether they got a happy ending) or confirmed in the spin-off.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread