Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I guess I'm also too old for new teen dramas
No, I thought so too, but I continue to get into them. This one's just bad. And I totally forgot they had a wise-cracking grandmother. The list of things Kelly would legitimately be talking to Silver about now are endless. I mean, Erin is even reliving Kelly's high school triangle days for her, lol.

Procrastinating on other things, I found the interview.

Quote:
ELLEN, 2005 LUKE/JENNIE INTERVIEW: (transcribed by Alexis)

Val: I'm sorry, did I hurt your feelings?
Todd: It doesn't matter, everyone does. I've got to go.
Val: No, you're just so lonely inside, no one understands you, your heart hurts doesn't it?
Todd: *looking down* Well...
Val: Shut up Todd! *She starts making out with him.*

Back To Ellen's show

Ellen: Please welcome Jennie Garth and Luke Perry!
Jennie and Luke: *Walk out and wave to everyone*
Jennie: *Hugs Ellen*
Luke: *Gives Ellen a kiss on the cheek*
Jennie: *Sits on the couch cushion closer to Ellen*
Luke:*Sits on the couch cushion to the left of Jennie*
Jennie: We were making out
Luke: *Points behind him* Yeah...before we came out.
Jennie: No, on the show!
Luke: Yeah, were guys making out before you came on too?
Jennie: We were making out on there *Points to the Yule log Ellen has on a screen, then realizes her mistake, and points to the monitor in front of her that showed the clip, and then back to the Yule log* No, not on there. *Points back to the monitor* On there.
Luke: *Drinks water*
Ellen: Not in the fire, no. Sometimes your on there too. Hey, welcome to the show. It's crazy. How did you end up working together again? Was it planned, whose idea?
Luke: Ahhh, I didn't plan it.
Jennie: They actually wrote the part for him and asked him. He was so fun. He jumped in with both feet. He let us put that ridiculous wig on him.
Luke: That wasn't ridiculous man. That was cool hair.
Jennie: *Laughing* It was great. It was nice to have him around. *Rubs his leg*
Ellen: You'd seen each other in between.
Luke: Yeah. Yeah. We see each other once and awhile. Occasionally.
Ellen: But isn't that so weird? 15 years ago you were...
Jennie: It's 15 yeas ago?
Ellen: Yeah 15
Jennie: *confused* Since we ended?
Luke: How bout that.
Ellen Yeah...well 1990 when it started.
Jennie: Oh when it started! Wow!
Ellen: No, not since it ended.
Jennie: I was going to say, that's a long time.
Ellen: No, I'm looking back to when you started.
Luke: Yeah. *laughs*
Ellen: Now, you were always fighting or making out. Which was it most of the time?
Jennie: ummm
Luke: *Doesn't miss a beat* Making out
Jennie:*says quickly* Fighting...my perspective....definitely more fighting.
Luke: That really feels great. I couldn't tell the difference some times between the fighting and the making out.
Jennie: *laughs and looks over at Luke and smiles*

Ellen: There was certainly a lot of making out after the fighting. But you survived a drive by shooting, cocaine addiction, sorority fire.
Jennie: *Nods her head as if reliving it) Yeah...
Luke: And thats just real life.
Ellen: *laughs* Yeah, and we'll get to the show. And Luke your sister became a prostitute, your father *pauses* ah blew up! *says kinda shocked*
Jennie: *Starts laughing hysterically*
Luke: *Has an indescribable look of amusement and...wow...expression on his face.*
Ellen: And bride gunned down by the mob!
Luke: All in a day's work.
Ellen *laughs* That's insane. I've forgotten how much drama there was.
Luke: Well, you're on the streets of Beverly Hills! Yeah, you don't know what's gonna go on over there!
Ellen: *To Jennie* Who was the one you had a crush on?
Luke: *Looks to Jennie* You're talking about you and Brian.
Ellen: Maybe
Luke: And it was reversed, Brian had a thing for her. *Points to Jennie*
Jennie: Oh right! *laughs* I haven't watched the show in awhile.
Luke: *says while laughing* She wasn't reading them when we were making them.
Jennie: *laughing hard*
Ellen: You probably wouldn't recognize him if you saw him again.
Jennie: *Looks in disbelief* Shut...are you...*Jumps up*
Ellen:*Yells* Brian Austin Green!
Luke: *Just Chillin*
Brian: *Comes out and looks like he's up to no good...just my perspective*
Luke: *Gets up finally and jumps over the couch.*
Jennie: *Runs around the couch, stands in one spot, looks at Ellen, and starts jumping up and down.*
Luke: *Hugs Brian*
Jennie: *Runs over and hugs Brian*
Brian, Luke, and Jennie: *Go back over to the couch and are still standing. Brian is in the middle, Jennie to the right by Ellen, and Luke is to Brian's left.*
Brian: *Shakes hands with Ellen and gives her a kiss on the cheek. Has a look questioning if he should be in the middle.*
Luke: In the middle.
Brian: No, you were in the middle.
Luke: *Points to the middle* In the middle. *Sits down on the left*
Brian: *Sits in the middle* But you guys had a spot, oh wait! *Opens his jacket and shows his shirt* I wore my Drop It Like It's Hot shirt for you Ellen.
Ellen: I like that. Where'd you get that? I like your jacket too.
Brian: Ummm ah, Urban Outfitters.
Jennie: *Practically petting Brian* Oh you're so cute.
Brian: Hi Jen! *Turns to Luke* Hi Luke!
Luke: *Smiling* Dude, how's it going?
Ellen: How longs it been since you've seen each other?
Jennie: *points to Brian* I saw you at the Coffee Bean parking lot.
Brian: In the Coffee Bean parking lot. *Points to Luke* I saw you at...
Luke: I don't drink coffee.
Brian: Yeah...no...I don't either. (I always wonder when I hear this...then why were you at the Coffee Bean? haha)
Luke: We were at Ian's house.

(They didn't actually show this picture, but I'm pretty sure this is the night they are talking about. It's those three in a house, the fall before they did this interview. Luke and Brian both have the same haircut they do in that photo that they had on the interview. Just a theory)
Ellen: Why doesn't he join the show too? Why don't you have him on "What I Like?"
Luke: Because that's a threesome, and that's freaky, and they don't put that on at 8:00 o'clock.
Ellen: *smiles amused* No
Luke: They don't runt hat stuff at 8:30! *Looks contemplative*
Ellen: A very special "What I Like" maybe?
Brian: That's not a bad idea though!
Luke: Put her in the middle!
Brian: Put her in the middle...scootch over there.
Jennie and Brian: *Switch places*
Jennie: *Looks timid*
Brian: We'll try it out.
Luke: Just try it out.
Brian: *Starts playing with the fake fire, rubbing his hands by it.* That's nice.
Ellen: Isn't that nice? Just for a toaster. Well, I'm glad we could surprise you. And "What I Like" is on Friday's at eight on the WB.
Luke: It's on tonight.
Ellen: It's on tonight?
Luke: It's on tonight.
Ellen: Tonight at 8:00 o'clock on the WB, and ah, group hug everybody, go on.
Luke and Brian *Both go in and put their arms around Jennie at the same time*

Jennie: *Luke pulled her hair a little, so she fixes it and makes a look of "What was that?" and then goes back to smiling*
Old 02-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Jennie Garth Sad To See '90201' 'Taken in a Direction I Was Not Proud of'

Jennie Garth's departure from the current CW manifestation of "90210" has been reported as both her decision and as a producer decision.

But now, she makes it clear, "I had a little problem with the producer they had chosen to do season two of the show. I didn't care for her or her creative ways. I was happy to part ways. But as an original cast member, I was sad to see the show being taken in a direction I was not proud of."

Garth — forever to be thought of as key character Kelly Taylor by "90210" fans — doesn't mind admitting she no longer watches the show. She also says, "I don't imagine Kelly ever coming back to that world."

The actress' priority is her three daughters, who range in age from 13 to four, and her husband, Peter Facinelli. The "Twilight" and "Nurse Jackie" actor wrote and produced Garth's latest movie — the charming romantic comedy "Accidentally in Love," which premieres on the Hallmark Channel Feb. 12.

Her next big undertaking? Supervising the building of the family's planned eco-friendly "green" house. "That's going to be our focus," she says.

source: Jennie Garth Sad To See '90201' 'Taken in a Direction I Was Not Proud of' by Marilyn Beck & Stacy Jenel Smith on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent
“And as he looked in her soft, blue eyes, he knew right then and there that his days as an outlaw were over. And that the next phase of his life was about to begin. There were lots of lazy picnics by the pond that summer … where she would read to him, from the scriptures, and fill his heart with hope. And eventually, love.”
♥Dylan/Kelly♥
Old 02-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Master Fan

It must be so funny to watch, thank you for posting this!
Quote:
"I had a little problem with the producer they had chosen to do season two of the show. I didn't care for her or her creative ways. I was happy to part ways. But as an original cast member, I was sad to see the show being taken in a direction I was not proud of."

Garth — forever to be thought of as key character Kelly Taylor by "90210" fans — doesn't mind admitting she no longer watches the show. She also says, "I don't imagine Kelly ever coming back to that world."
I can only agree
Old 02-05-2011, 03:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Hm, i must say i just love 80's and 90's shows a lot more. It's that this show was a spin off and featured some of the original characters, otherwise i probably wouldn't have given it a chance. I've seen bits of other shows that are hits these days, and they just don't attract me. It's all so much more intense and over the top often, in my opinion. I don't like it when it's all too modern, i'm more old fashioned when it comes to tv shows, hihi.

Thanks so much for that transcript! Now i really wanna see it. Love how they always are so playfully with each other.

Quote:
Ellen: Now, you were always fighting or making out. Which was it most of the time?
Jennie: ummm
Luke: *Doesn't miss a beat* Making out
Jennie:*says quickly* Fighting...my perspective....defiantly more fighting.
Luke: That really feels great. I couldn't tell the difference some times between the fighting and the making out.
I can understand because most of the time they did both in one scene. And even their fights were hot! Such tension and attraction in every way.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Luke doesn't miss a beat there.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Luke cracks me up
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

"She wasn't reading them when we were making them", is my favorite part, lol. I can see the interview so clearly in my head, just from how Luke is. And, who knows, maybe I did see it just that once.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the article, kiandra ... it somehow makes me feel better to know Jennie was bummed about the way things were handled on the new show, too.

And thanks for the interview, Mel! One of these days maybe we can watch it! Someway, somehow ...

dylan & kelly || forever, baby.

Tumblr.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

Jennie and Luke can now bitch about it together. Since we already know how he feels. Although maybe he'd just ask her not to talk about it at all.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the interview and article, I'm so glad Jennie feels the same way we do.

dylan&kelly♥
Old 02-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Last night I watched Love Is Blind, and finally saw the "Let me choose again" scene!

dylan & kelly || forever, baby.

Tumblr.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla. (View Post)
Dylan was complicated sometimes, but look at how he cared about Erica for example, he did anything for her. No way he would have left them.
From what I recall, in the first season they established that Dylan does see Sammy. He and Kelly are just separated.

I'm a Dylan fan, but I honestly don't see this as Dylan abandoning anyone, or being presented as neglectful. These sort of separations, of course, happen in real life too.

It's notable that Dylan's mentor Jake went through the same thing.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Ofcourse it does happen, and i'm not saying they lost all contact, in the first episode we see Kelly on the phone with him and later on indeed. But staying in Beverly Hills, and seeing Sammy every week would have been a whole lot different (to me), than leaving to a whole different state. Kelly said very emotionally on the phone that Sammy had been asking about him, and that she had to go because Sammy came in, why didn't she just let him talk to him? We don't really know what happened between the original and new show, but i think it's more complicated. And after the original ending of the show it seemed to me he would now take some responsibility and try harder, this just didn't feel like he did. Also calling Brenda, in front of Kelly? While he has a child with her now, it wasn't high school or college anymore. It was just like, no. And so many more things felt off to me, i just didn't like the writing, how they ruined everything he and Kelly had build in the last seasons, and how they got passed certain issues, that now were the same all over again. I'm glad Luke did not return, this made it feel even more surreal, so it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think that's a good point. They could've said that Dylan was still in the area and seeing Sammy off-screen more often. I suppose they felt it was more realistic to say he was elsewhere (don't really know, though). I never thought it was a good idea to make Kelly a single mom in the first place, regardless of who the father was, because of messy, questionable situations like this.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes i completely agree, if Luke had agreed to return from the beginning, it maybe would have been different. But now it's all so vague and incomplete and it makes it hard to get invested into the storyline, and easy to get the wrong idea maybe even.

Edit: I have just finished a new dramatic tribute video to Dy/K. It features black and white (old) clips of their actual relationship in seasons 3-4. And shows them in the present, in seasons 5-10. I tried to show that even though they had their faults and weren't perfect, they still tried and their feelings were always there, no matter what. Which eventually leads them back to eachother in the end. I hope you enjoy.

Kelly & Dylan - Perfect (I'm not) by Hedley

Last edited by Priscilla.; 02-06-2011 at 05:14 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread