Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2007, 04:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Im gonna rewatch the episode...as a diehard dy/k fan i tend to mostly focus on their scenes and kinda forget the rest...Dw i will be back with my opinion
Old 12-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Okay, I'm simply crazy about Brenda and Donna in Paris.

So am I. Some of my fave 90210 scenes are from from their Paris adventures...

Quote:
So many of their scenes are just hilarious. Love the waiter's expression when D painfully lets out that she doesn't want fish or yelps that the menu is all in French. I just found out that writers Charles and Karen Rosin actually had the eating brains experience themselves and that's what inspired the scene. But there are many other memorable moments too. Specifically, when they agree to find Balzac's house at the end of one scene, and the very next line in the next scene is "Let's skip Balzac's house". It's a comedic timing thing. Speaking of which, the lines, "Thanks, Bren." / "Anytime, Don", are timed so well after being kicked out of that cab. And seriously, my favorite moment might be when Donna asks Bren to tell the driver that smoking causes lung cancer and heart disease, and emphysema ... and Brenda just deadpans, "Donna, my French isn't that good."
...And they are just listed I didn't know that about Rosins, now I'm even more amused with whole story with that background Girls have just been great. My fave Paris scenes are when two of them are together, I pretty much yawn at their individual subplots as Donna modeling and Reeek's tour guides (I know it's not in this epi, but for me, Paris summer episodes are pretty much one coherent whole )

Oh and Brenda I love you, but your French accent sucks

About Andrea/Brandon, "WMYTYSOI?!" is one of the best smack downs I've ever seen in this show BUT I actually have an answer to what makes Brandon think he's so damn irresistible. You do, Andrea By pining for him for years. I'm glad you stood up to him, girly Not like she didn't do that before, but never in such an awesome way.

I'm not a fan of Dylan/Kelly hooking up, so I'll skip that. But I loved when gang played (and lost) tug-of-wars (Um, is that a real name of the game?! ) against the kids. And Kelly looked wonderful in that sarong (?).

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 12-21-2007 at 04:49 AM
Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, great response everyone. Will be back to add my two cents later.

But I have a question:
Should we continue with the episode discussions of the week? Or should this be the last one?

I really like the idea of not just staying in shipper threads and discussing the episodes but inorder for it to work more people have to participate. So let me know what you think.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Total Fan

Well, I like general idea of thread like this, Ruby, but I can't post since I haven't seen any integral epi in... a long time, lol, nor I will. So it's much easier to me to post about characters/couples/trios/anything, than about individual epis. It's not that I ignore this thread, I just can't comment much about epis separated from wider context - because I don't remember them well I'm not sure how it goes with others though. But I guess that a lot of topics that could be brought up here as parts of episodes are already commented on other threads.

Avi credits: QTPie41184
Old 12-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I really like the idea of not just staying in shipper threads and discussing the episodes but inorder for it to work more people have to participate.
Exactly. I know the post count for this board is really impressive, but our class size is too small. Giving all our thoughts on an episode at once, in one post, is also probably a mistake .
Quote:
I just can't comment much about epis separated from wider context - because I don't remember them well
There's always the scenes others bring up. You'll know they're from this episode.

Some pics (the nice ones are credit to .bian.carsan./Bee):

"You do have every right to think I'm scum ..."

Old 12-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Slippers (View Post)
But I have a question:
Should we continue with the episode discussions of the week? Or should this be the last one?

I really like the idea of not just staying in shipper threads and discussing the episodes but inorder for it to work more people have to participate. So let me know what you think.
I love the idea Ruby, and if I wasn't at work all day I would be able to add more thoughts, it's just finding the time, plus I haven't seen some of the episodes in forever so it's hard to remember them all.

I think keep doing it though, well I like it

Oh & Mel thanks for all the caps love the first two, they make each other smile
Old 12-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Season 3 Episode Discussion of the Week: Castles in the Sand

Season 3, Episode 6: Castles in the Sand
Original Air Date: 19 August 1992
Dylan and Kelly decide to keep their romantic liaison a secret when Brenda and Donna return from Paris. During a welcome-back party for Brenda and Donna, Brenda confides in a guilt-ridden Kelly that she sees that something has changed about Dylan while she was away. Meanwhile, Brandon discovers that Brooke is not the girl of his dreams after he sees little amusement in her repeated racist and stereotypical comments. Also, Steve finally lands a gig for David at the end-of-the-summer clambake at the beach club.

Haven't Seen the Episode In Ages? Catch up Here:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5
Old 12-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe. Nice links add.

And really, how can I not?
YouTube - brian austin green: a moment in white rap history

YouTube - BEVERLY HILLS 90210 NIGHTMARE FROM 1992 BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN

This moment truly marked history. We still love you, David Silver!
Old 12-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Castles in the Sand

This episode was intense because we finally got to see what happened after a summer of different paths.

Brenda/Rick- I love Dean Cain. In France he was sweet. But I never really felt them together. I think they both got caught up in the romance of Paris.

Dylan- I really can't stand him in this episode. I wish he would man up. He clearly had a problem breaking up with Brenda. If he had done it when she got back he would have saved everyone a lot of pain. However, it was great writing to have Dylan show up at the door and Brenda and Kelly come down the stairs at the same time.

Brook the Bigot- Brandon's girlfirend number 182. I didn't like her not just because of her views but also because NO WAY could she play a teenager. I know it's 90210 but... I suppose she was another example of how Brandon was so "liberal".

Andrea- I liked the continuation of her storyline with Cameron.

Brenda/Kelly- akward.

Brenda/Dylan- I don't even know about them in this episode. They were done but their chemistry never dies so it was hard for them to walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
Hehe. Nice links add.

And really, how can I not?
YouTube - brian austin green: a moment in white rap history

YouTube - BEVERLY HILLS 90210 NIGHTMARE FROM 1992 BRIAN AUSTIN GREEN

This moment truly marked history. We still love you, David Silver!
Thanks for those! Yikes, David. Yikes!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

I never really felt the Rick/Brenda connection either. Way too romanticized and idyllic for my taste. Paris is beautiful, but ...

Quote:
NO WAY could she play a teenager.
I just checked her out for kicks and Alexandra Wilson (aka, Brooke) was 24 at the time this episode aired. Jason was 23.

Quote:
If he had done it when she got back he would have saved everyone a lot of pain.
I think it'd be like shooting himself in the foot because doing so would violate the trust Kelly had in him not to come clean about their fling (though I suppose he could have used B's fling as an excuse to break up without accepting his own deserved guilt). K would be furious with Dy, B would be furious with K and Dy, and Dylan would have pulled a "Wild Horses" trip a lot sooner. Oh, now I guess I know what you mean by 'man up'. Yeah, I wonder if he'd have had the guts to tell B about him and K, like he suggests that morning before K rejects it.

Reviewing a bit ...

Okay, who totally fell for the opening fantasy sequence where we think Brenda stayed in Europe? I know I did at first.

About Brooke again, I don't think we had ever seen Brandon so driven by sex before.

(I'm gonna have to continue commenting later. Gotta go.)
Old 12-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Be-be-be my love!" That carreer was a big castle in the sand...

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 12-24-2007 at 08:43 AM
Old 12-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ugh I hated Brooke so much

Thats my insight for now i'll add more later, I loved this episode but kind of hated it at the same time
Old 12-26-2007, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

I hated Brooke, too. Even now, I could barely stand to watch her interact with Brandon. What did he ever see in her? Sheesh.

|| Hook♥Emma || Rafael♥Jane || Ash♥Michael ||
|| Danny♥Lindsay | Dylan♥Kelly | Alex♥Izzie | Lucky♥Sam | Emett♥Bay ||
| Lucas♥Peyton | Pacey♥Joey | Clark♥Chloe | Jeff♥Ginger | Angel♥Cordy | Charlie♥Kirtsen | Neal♥Sara |

Old 12-28-2007, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the Dy/K angst.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)

Okay, who totally fell for the opening fantasy sequence where we think Brenda stayed in Europe? I know I did at first.

About Brooke again, I don't think we had ever seen Brandon so driven by sex before.

(I'm gonna have to continue commenting later. Gotta go.)

I totally believed it at first too.

I agree. I always disliked Brooke, and the fact that Brandon stayed with her after that first argument shocked me too.

I liked this episode, though. The Brenda/Kelly/Dylan storyline begins to take flight. I love Brenda and Dylan together, but I don't mind Kelly and Dylan together.

When I think of this episode, I have that vivid image of Kelly walking along the shore of the beach clear in my mind.
brenda♥ icon by causticammo
Closed Thread   Post New Thread