Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I actually prefer Tracy. To me, Susan was too bossy.
It's actually the opposite for me. Tracy put me to sleep and the character was portrayed as more of a Kelly rebound than a person Brandon was actually invested in truly moving forward with as opposed to Susan. I felt like he was truly in love with her and her character had interesting backstory and I enjoyed Emma Caulfield's portrayal. I just really loved their dynamic and I hate they had them end things by her hypocritically choosing her internship.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ To me, Brandon is always someone who is always in love with every girl that he's with (with a few exceptions, of course). In this case, you're right about him really wanting to be with Susan. It was her who broke his heart....and since Tracy came right after Susan, Brandon might've had difficulty getting close to someone again, even Kelly in the beginning of S7.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Elite Fan

When that promo aired, I found it funny/frustrating that they thought we'd care so much about Colin's storyline and at the exclusion of any teasers about the other characters for next week. It marked a shift where supporting characters were more and more rapidly assumed to be embraced as regulars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveslullaby (View Post)
It's actually the opposite for me. Tracy put me to sleep and the character was portrayed as more of a Kelly rebound than a person Brandon was actually invested in truly moving forward with as opposed to Susan. I felt like he was truly in love with her and her character had interesting backstory and I enjoyed Emma Caulfield's portrayal. I just really loved their dynamic and I hate they had them end things by her hypocritically choosing her internship.

Wraps up my feelings exactly.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)
WIt marked a shift where supporting characters were more and more rapidly assumed to be embraced as regulars.
That's good insight. Also, I think in one of the interviews (with Charles Rosin, I think) said that this is what Jason Wiles was best known for...and for some reason that fans always saw him as Colin. Ouch!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm not surprised. His career hasn't shot up since then or anything. If you didn't watch "Third Watch" or whatever he was in, you'd never know. And I believe BH90210 was his first steady gig.

See, and part of my dislike for Ray and Colin was because of their contribution to that shift I mentioned. I mean, in S6, wasn't Cameron Bancroft (aka, Donna's Joe) suddenly in the opening credits? I wanted to say, promoted to, like Jesse or Clare, but nope. He just shot up there. Didn't earn the spot IMO. I think I've blocked out of my memory whether Jason Wiles is in the credits too.

And here's another thing to think about. This one is actually interesting me right now. Why was this done for the male supporting roles, but not the females? Are the girlfriends just known to be expendable ahead of time? Consider Susan and Tracy, who never made the opening credits.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And here's another thing to think about. This one is actually interesting me right now. Why was this done for the male supporting roles, but not the females? Are the girlfriends just known to be expendable ahead of time? Consider Susan and Tracy, who never made the opening credits.
That's a very good point. I remember in the interview that they were close in making Mark Reese a main character. But never Tracy.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

It's probably cause they thought their audience was mainly straight females, so they wonder what new male 'hotties' they can lock in. I partially blame Luke's absence. That's like half of the teen idol pool they had right there.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember Ray being in the main credits, but not Colin. I will have to re watch and see.

As far as Tracy and Susan, I actually liked Susan, and you could tell Brandon really cared about her. Tracy, he just never seemed that invested in the relationship.
I am an original”
Old 03-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

Oh gosh, yeah, Ray's there. I sometimes confuse his one-off S7 guest stint with his few episodes in the beginning of S6.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's probably cause they thought their audience was mainly straight females, so they wonder what new male 'hotties' they can lock in. I partially blame Luke's absence. That's like half of the teen idol pool they had right there.
Makes sense.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I really enjoyed Susan. She was annoying at times, but she and Brandon had good chemistry, and she was a good match for him.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They sound so different in Spanish.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the Larry Mollin interview:

Quote:
TDW: Another actor-character I’m curious about is Jason Wiles who played Colin in season 6.

Mollin: That was fun. He did a good job for us, I thought. He was never going to be a long-term character for us so we kind of set him off on a stupid path a bit. At the end we maybe went off a little. We had a car chase [in Episode 6.32, You Say It’s Your Birthday]. It was not terribly out of place. It was fun having Kelly on cocaine for a while. I thought that was kind of good. It challenged all her relationships with her friends, thanks to the new guy in town. Brandon worried that she was becoming a cokewhore. And that was pretty good. We felt we had earned that. We built it up pretty good. That was another thing we believed in. We believed you had to earn emotion. You had to set your scenes up to earn the emotion. You can’t just all of a sudden indicate and tell it and then try to explain it. You have to set yourself up. We were really tough on ourselves on that. We wanted to make sure we earned our emotions.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread