Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think so too. He would have. But I could also see her getting rid of the complex. This might have been faithful to her history, but still a bad message somehow. Not a satisfactory ending.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't mind the quiet way she left because not everyone in life gets a huge send-off from their friends, but it was the more manner in which she left that I didn't like.
She could have at least said goodbye to everyone. Carly got a better sendoff and she was only on a few months

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 07-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very true. Clare had the crappiest goodbye on the whole show.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks

Watching the reruns, I realized that Kelly and Brandon still loved each other

Old 07-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

90210 sucks at goodbyes. The only character who got appropriate goodbyes with the gang was Andrea.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

True. I was fine with Brenda and Dylan's goodbyes, sort of. But Andrea's was the best.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought Dylan’s behavior was so...Dylan during his goodbye.

My problem was everyone else. Brandon wasn’t nearly as emotional as I think he should’ve been and the gang really didn’t seem all that broken up when they found out he left.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, they never really regretted anyone's departure much. I guess it was the politics of the show. The audience was not supposed to think about the absent characters much. Therefore the present characters did not.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

That did seem to be the rule with most of them. Andrea got mentions from time to time. But then again she came back a few times and it was made clear she keeps in touch with the gang..

But it was always most glaring that Brenda’s constant absence was overlooked. She got rare mentions, but not enough.

Clare? She went from major part of the group to basically non existent. It really makes her friendships with the girls seems completely superficial.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, and they were flatmates for such a long time. Stupid.

The only time I remember she was mentioned was when Steve said that his significant relationships were Celeste, Clare and Carly, and Janet said "Oh, the triplets"

At least I think these three were mentioned.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 07-08-2019, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ That's so sad Also, giving her and Steve a bitter send-off was a clever tactic on the writers' part, so they don't need a reason to mention Clare again because they could just claim she wasn't worth it due to how she walked away from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaquen7 (View Post)
Clare is an intelligent woman. It would’ve been realistic to have her move abroad to either further her education or take a job offer.
In a way, that's totally true. But then again, Clare's father was her major tie in all the seasons since her first episode. There was always a neediness there for them to remain close. David craves his approval when she dated him in S5, and Steve's mother was suddenly romantically linked to him as another way for Clare's heartstrings to be tugged when he's betrayed. I don't think she ever stopped being a daddy's girl at heart, so I didn't find it wholly unrealistic that she ended up choosing him.

Sad for Steve/Clare pairing because they have her be strangely cold in their final scene, but this is how the writers deal with major characters leaving. They don't want the audience missing them so they have the character do something unforgivable.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-08-2019, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Brenda got mentioned. The writers even had her and Dylan living together off camera. Kelly was still jealous

Old 07-09-2019, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^^^ That pic of Tracy... What an annoying relationship she and Brandon had. I really don't get why she kept hanging around waiting for Brandon to notice her in their relationship. She's one of those glutton for punishments, I guess.

As Brandon said: "I think we ruined a great friendship." The whole office romance thing did not work for them. She knew he loved someone else and tried to ignore it.

That is failure 101 in a relationship, Tracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshapir2 (View Post)
Brenda got mentioned. The writers even had her and Dylan living together off camera. Kelly was still jealous
That was Season 6 finale Kelly's reaction was typical of how I always see her react when an ex is moving on. She even got territorial over Steve many times despite the fact that she never really gave a rat's behind about him.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^^^ That pic of Tracy... What an annoying relationship she and Brandon had. I really don't get why she kept hanging around waiting for Brandon to notice her in their relationship. She's one of those glutton for punishments, I guess.

As Brandon said: "I think we ruined a great friendship." The whole office romance thing did not work for them. She knew he loved someone else and tried to ignore it.

That is failure 101 in a relationship, Tracy.
Upon rewatching some stuff, I have to say that Tracy was far prettier than I remember. I think she was not less attractive than Kelly or Val.

Ok, slightly less than Val

Tracy/Brandon relationship was a bore and I was not invested at all, but I don't think its failure should only be blamed on her. Brandon loved somebody else who wanted to be with him, yet he was with Tracy. Stupid and unfair. Tracy had a right on the shot for happiness, I guess.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread