Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2019, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-26-2019, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

When Andrea came over in S8 and announced her issues with Jese, where Brandon had one of his beef jerky moments
Old 06-26-2019, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Beef jerky? But yeah, he was annoying with his judgements on what Andrea should do.

I hated that he did that speech instead of her, to be honest. Why would he? People wanted to hear her - which, btw, I also do not understand. She was never popular, and no way she was the only student from the elite high school who went to the Ivy League. And then Brandon who had recently cheated on Kelly sort of apologizes for imposing his high moral standards on Andrea, but Kelly tells him it's ok because that's just who he is, a guy with high moral standards. Huh?! I think there is a similar scene at the end of S7, with regard to Brandon persuading Kelly to reconcile with her father. Brandon has always been important for moralities of the show, but in those seasons that became grotesque, and had no purpose except to show how moral(istic) he was.

I hated all the plotlines in the episode, except for Val supporting Kelly with Ross Weber and the graffiti removal. Gawd, I hate S8.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-26-2019, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

You really love Brandon, don't you?

Honestly, I really look forward to you saying things about Brandon, it makes me laugh and I look forward to it

Season 8 was bad all round with stupid storylines

Last edited by HipHopKingMike; 06-26-2019 at 04:39 AM
Old 06-26-2019, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-26-2019, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Andrea was discussing her issues with Jesse to Brandon and Kelly
Old 06-26-2019, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-26-2019, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Cool
Kelly really despised Ross Webber
Old 06-27-2019, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-27-2019, 06:16 AM
Master Fan

Cool
Old 06-27-2019, 06:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the clips from Reunion.

That's my favorite season 8 episode. But I do wish they'd have put more effort into getting back some of the supporting actors who we actually saw them with during the HS years instead of nothing but newbies we never saw.

Like "icky" Amanda Peyser, Kyle, and Tony. Gil and Mrs. T cameo's would've been appreciated too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
Beef jerky? But yeah, he was annoying with his judgements on what Andrea should do.

I hated that he did that speech instead of her, to be honest. Why would he? People wanted to hear her - which, btw, I also do not understand. She was never popular, and no way she was the only student from the elite high school who went to the Ivy League. And then Brandon who had recently cheated on Kelly sort of apologizes for imposing his high moral standards on Andrea, but Kelly tells him it's ok because that's just who he is, a guy with high moral standards. Huh?! I think there is a similar scene at the end of S7, with regard to Brandon persuading Kelly to reconcile with her father. Brandon has always been important for moralities of the show, but in those seasons that became grotesque, and had no purpose except to show how moral(istic) he was.

I hated all the plotlines in the episode, except for Val supporting Kelly with Ross Weber and the graffiti removal. Gawd, I hate S8.
Brandon was awful in that episode. I loved when Andrea shot back at him during their jog (and like really, when did we ever see those two people out on a jog LOL). He got it together by the end of the show, which I appreciated. But honestly the "grotesque" moralizing by both Kelly and Brandon in later seasons was a lot to swallow.

I do disagree that Andrea wasn't popular. She was part of the most popular "gang" at West Bev, got chosen for a senior superlative, which is voted on by students and is always a popularity contest, ran the school paper and was the Valedictorian. She wasn't part of the "in" crowd when the show starts, but she certainly is a solid part of it starting in the second season.

I think that's kind of the premise of the high school years. At the start of the show we have Steve, Donna and Kelly (Dylan is something else entirely) as the only popular kids, along side a bunch of other friends and acquaintances who aren't the focus of the show. Then through connections to them Brandon, Brenda, David, and Andrea are drawn in and then season 2 and 3 are all about following this new popular gang of kids. They'll all very popular by the time they graduate high school.

Last edited by jaquen7; 06-27-2019 at 06:46 AM
Old 06-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Season 8 is such a blur to me overall, so just a few comments (and thanks for all the IG links, Esma ):
  • The girls really went all-out in this season with the hair streaks
  • The shooting storyline was about as interesting as it got
  • I felt terrible for Brandon when Kelly kept trying to stop him from pursuing the shooter (just after she got her memory back)
  • Emma... I could rant for ages and I already have done for years
  • Their attempt to link the show back to Season 1 by bringing in someone to play Ross Webber (the guy who raped Kelly) was a little awkward. But then again, this show became very awkward in the later seasons, so :
  • I MISS STEVE/CLARE TOGETHER
  • David and Val should have been endgame and I'll say this for however long it takes
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-28-2019, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do disagree that Andrea wasn't popular. She was part of the most popular "gang" at West Bev, got chosen for a senior superlative, which is voted on by students and is always a popularity contest, ran the school paper and was the Valedictorian. She wasn't part of the "in" crowd when the show starts, but she certainly is a solid part of it starting in the second season.
I also did not buy that she was voted the most likely to succeed back in time (along with Brandon). In the school full of rich kids with famous parents, who were high likely to go to Hollywood or entertainment industry in general, or business, or maybe even already had careers, why would people choose two kids who run the school newspaper as the most likely to succeed? In the same poll that voted as the most socially useful or something (doing the most for the community?) a girl who arranged the discount at some fancy shop or so. Come on. No associations with rich popular kids would help Andrea and Brandon.

And although Andrea did definitely become a part of the popular gang by S3, it's not like everyone there was equally popular, IDK. I think that she was perceived more as a friend of the popular people than as popular herself.

The only senior poll victory I could buy was Kelly as the most beautiful. She was already a Spring Princess, consistently praised as the most beautiful etc. (S8 changed that into the cutest instead of the most beautiful, God knows why.)

Icon by oth. fan
Old 06-28-2019, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Aww Noah/Donna

(Don't attack me, guys )

That magazine, though... "10 Most Eligible Bachelors" and there he is

I always found it cringeworthy in Season 3 that the main gang swept all the Senior Poll awards, the writers didn't even ATTEMPT to be believable with that nonsense
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 06-28-2019, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That magazine, though... "10 Most Eligible Bachelors" and there he is
Such a boring SL.

Quote:
I always found it cringeworthy in Season 3 that the main gang swept all the Senior Poll awards, the writers didn't even ATTEMPT to be believable with that nonsense
Did Kelly keep her title in S8, changed into "the cutest"? I think so. Only Brandon lost his.

And I hated the senior poll thing in S3.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread