Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2021, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Chris Suiter

What did you think of his exit? Did you think Andrea had acted foolish about him, or was her behavior sympathetic?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-25-2021, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Chris Suiter
He looked so much like Elvis Presley. I guess it was intentional about his casting, but still, so much alike.

Quote:
What did you think of his exit? Did you think Andrea had acted foolish about him, or was her behavior sympathetic?
Well, luckily she realized what the things were like pretty quickly, so I guess she was not very foolish.

I wonder how much older than the students he was supposed to be. I guess he was not older than 24, let's say. Or given that he was not a "real" teacher but the drama teacher, maybe he was supposed to be even younger.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-30-2021, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulan (View Post)
He looked so much like Elvis Presley. I guess it was intentional about his casting, but still, so much alike.
yes, he definitely resembled him. Maybe they wanted someone who had this sense of pretentiousness about him in his looks.

Quote:
I wonder how much older than the students he was supposed to be. I guess he was not older than 24, let's say. Or given that he was not a "real" teacher but the drama teacher, maybe he was supposed to be even younger.
I always wondered that, too I can't imagine he was older than his mid-20s. To be honest, he didn't act mature; though his secret relationship with another woman was implied to be quite a long one.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-01-2021, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
yes, he definitely resembled him. Maybe they wanted someone who had this sense of pretentiousness about him in his looks.
I guess they were looking for the 1950 celebrities look alike. 90210 was all about the popular culture nostalgia in the early seasons. Like Dylan/James Dean, Brandon/Marlon Brando stuff, hair, music, cars, even outfits sometimes.

Quote:
I always wondered that, too I can't imagine he was older than his mid-20s. To be honest, he didn't act mature; though his secret relationship with another woman was implied to be quite a long one.
Was it secret? I thought he had a regular girlfriend. He just did not feel like telling his students before he's got hands on one. Sleazy.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-08-2021, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ It's interesting because when Andrea finds out, she acts as if he blind-sided her whereas he acts as if she should've known. He is quite the sicko. He gives supply teachers a veryyyy bad name.

I've just done a re-watch of season 7 and it's like the biggest season of guest appearances for the parents in the cast. They definitely appear more than any other season. It was nice seeing Mel and Jackie back for the season 7 finale, plus Rush, Donna's parents in other episodes and Bill Taylor
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-09-2021, 01:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I've just done a re-watch of season 7 and it's like the biggest season of guest appearances for the parents in the cast. They definitely appear more than any other season. It was nice seeing Mel and Jackie back for the season 7 finale, plus Rush, Donna's parents in other episodes and Bill Taylor
How much did Jackie and Mel show up in S5-6? I remember some moments with them, but not many.

Now, "Cindy's cousin"- Brandy!!! Swipe for all parts.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-20-2021, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
How much did Jackie and Mel show up in S5-6? I remember some moments with them, but not many.
Not much, however I do think it was a smart decision for the writers to have them appear on random occasions rather than frequently. It meant that their relationship wasn't destroyed this time around, and as an audience member, it was an "aww, I had missed them" moment whenever they appeared.

I loved the moment that they were shown to reconcile in season 5 It was subtle and short, but very well done. Cindy watched as they shared a look which basically screamed "we're obviously still in love, so it's crazy to be apart for any longer"

Memorable appearances in season 7: Jackie appears in the Mother's Day episode, when Kelly is pregnant with Brandon's baby and Mel appears when David is struggling with spending his grandpa's will money.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-29-2021, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I see, thanks.

Look at the young Vincent Young (Noah) with the moustache!

Was he ever a guest star or he starting showing up in the credits right away?

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-29-2021, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG how young he was! Thanks for sharing
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-29-2021, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-29-2021, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ I remember being in total shock how grown-up Ariel looked in her season 5 appearance What a difference a hairstyle can make!

Quote:
Was he ever a guest star or he starting showing up in the credits right away?
I kept skipping the credits however, I think I glanced Vincent in them as I fast-forwarded, so he was probably in them straight away
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-01-2021, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
^ I remember being in total shock how grown-up Ariel looked in her season 5 appearance What a difference a hairstyle can make!
True.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-02-2021, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ What did you think of these two?

The show tried to sell them as this great double act but personally, I didn't care about them. It just seemed as if the writers needed Steve to stand up to Rush more, and thus have him become a big brother figure.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 05-03-2021, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

ITA. I was bored to hell with them. I could have totally done without those two.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 05-05-2021, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It was a rip-off double act. The 90's was full of them.

And I guess an excuse for Tori's brother to be in it more (I think he had previously guest-starred as another unmemorable character in season 3 or something?)
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Closed Thread   Post New Thread