Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2020, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The Oscars didn't show Luke in the Memoriam section and I'm upset. Oh well.
Yeah. A lot of people complain about it. It is weird indeed, given that Once upon a Time in Hollywood was nominated for the best picture. Someone told me it is because he was not member of the Academy. But I don't think they list only their deaths. Especially because they did mention Luke in the in memoriam section on the website. Oh well. **** them. I boycott Oscars anyway.

Quote:
I'm with you on that
The thing with Jack was that he did not cooperate with FBI for Dylan. He did it for himself (again, because it can't be said enough - to get out of his well deserved prison sentence, and he endangered his son's life and money for that). Even if it was partially to make his son think better of him, or give him a better life, although I think that was his secondary motive, that is still not selfless, on the contrary. It is again for himself, and selfish.

The only sort of selfless act of his with regard to Dylan that I can think of was in the S2 Christmas episode when he told him to spend Christmas in some cheerful surrounding, not in jail to keep him company.

In all the unsuccessful washing of his image, I am thinking how come they never came up with the SL of him never being guilty of any frauds, being an undercover FBI agent since Dylan's birth, never committing any crimes, or simply being a poor guy blackmailed, framed and forced into crime by evil powerful Marchette. But that would make good old Jim Walsh wrong (let's remember he claimed McKay was a ruthless businessman ever since S1, or at least that he had such a reputation). So I guess not compromising Jimbo and his judgement was a priority over Jack's redemption.

I was thinking what would be a proper Jack redemption arc for me, and it is actually pretty simple. He should have just apologized to Dylan for being a ****ty father, absent, not being there for him, letting him develop an alcoholism and fighting it alone - well, with support of people who were not his father - and beating him up (Dylan complained about that in S1-2, and then it was never mentioned again). Simple "I am sorry, son, for not being there for you, and putting you through all the ****" would be ok for a start. I mean, a good start at least Now, maybe Jack did that and I don't remember it, because it was in the shadow of "OMG he actually works for the FBI now". But I don't think he said anything remotely similar. He was all self-righteous. "BOOM WHAM I AM BACK FROM JAIL I AM THE ONE WHO TAUGHT YOU TO READ GIMME ALL YOUR MONEEEYYYY (that is, all the money I was giving to your mother to stay away from you)." Nope, not good.

I guess he did love Dylan, and definitely wanted Dylan to think/know that, but that is really not much. Loving his son was a basic minimum. Not a redemption accomplishment.

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2020, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The first anniversary of Luke's death

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-04-2020, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, it’s already been a year.
I am an original”
Old 03-04-2020, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some markers of his anniversary, from Jason, Ian, Carol, Tori and Jennie as well... (I don't have time at the moment to check how recent the stuff with Tori and Jennie is, but still)

More https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ar-anniversary

https://people.com/tv/tori-spelling-...es-luke-perry/

Icon by oth. fan

Last edited by yulan; 03-05-2020 at 03:44 AM
Old 03-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful, thanks for sharing.
I am an original”
Old 03-10-2020, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

KJ Apa who played his son on Riverdale hopes he can be "half the man that Luke was" https://www.insidenova.com/lifestyle...f1d09bba7.html

A great photo shoot:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 03-21-2020, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Lovely quote from KJ.

That last pic of Luke is how I've been feeling this week with all the COVID-19 stress
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 03-22-2020, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That last pic of Luke is how I've been feeling this week with all the COVID-19 stress

Quote:
The owner of the Walsh house [...] He spoke about Luke - and said that Luke always spoke about dying young - and he believes that he knew.
Quote:
That's eerie to me too because Dylan McKay always believed this as well.
Really, Dylan? I do not remember him talking about it, but he did have that strong... Thanatos drive, let's say, as if he was sort of attracted to the death... occasionally. When we met him, he identified with Byron who died young. Then we learned he used to participate in car races with Roger Azarian etc. (Matthew Perry's suicidal character). Not to mention alcoholism. In S2 Summer Storm, he deliberately goes to the ocean although he knows the storm is coming and only a mad man would do so, and gets hurt. Then when Iris shows up he drinks and provokes getting hurt physically. When Jack dies he goes around looking for answers although he's aware he might get killed too. He flirted with guns a lot in S4-5. Also, he drove off the cliff in S5 and almost died. Then he was threatened with murder at the end of the season, yet pursued looking for Jack's murderers in S6. I won't even go into his suicidal behavior in S9-10 with drugs, but I think he was at the edge of death at least two times.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-11-2020, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We miss you, Luke.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-12-2020, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

We really do.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-12-2020, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So cute in The Fifth Element:

Icon by oth. fan
Old 04-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

He looks great there.
I am an original”
Old 04-17-2020, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah.