Old 10-08-2019, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Brenda stands alone. Because she can.
Icon by oth. fan
Old 10-08-2019, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^ The irony that Jim gave them his blessing to have fun right before Brenda broke up with Dylan

So typical of this show
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-09-2019, 11:28 AM
Master Fan

Cool pic
Old 10-09-2019, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Apparently Riverdale was really good. Can't wait to report back on my thoughts.

Shannen was on the Talk today promoting her appearance and I have to say. I the way she speaks about Luke partly because it's how I imagine a grown up Brenda would talk about Dylan -- a deep love that was truly special.

The Talk - Shannen Doherty on 'Love for' Luke Perry; Talks 'beautiful' 'Riverdale' Tribute'
Old 10-10-2019, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

So, Shannen was in a brief scene in Riverdale. She plays a woman who Luke’s character saved from being hit by a car - but in so doing is killed himself. Shannen is wonderful - she’s so moving; you know the tears her character shed were real...and so were mine. Her character sobs while telling Fred (Luke’s character)’s son, Archie, about how his father couldn’t stop speaking about him. Then she asked if Archie and his friends would join her in a prayer....

It was so beautiful....and man, I think people forget how good an actress Shannen is (though this was real for her, and I’m sure extremely painful). Her relationship with Luke was so beautiful....

Quote:
Shannen Doherty remembers former Beverly Hills 90210 castmate and friend, Luke Perry, saying, "When he heard that I had cancer he reached out to me and it meant a lot to me... he reached out to me and our sort of love for one another, it was always sort of there. There's something special, still, between the two of us." Doherty went on to share of the "Riverdale" tribute episode to Perry, "The care that [the show] takes in honoring Luke, not just his character, but him. There's so much of Luke in that show and in that character. They really took time with it. It's just beautiful." On reuniting with her Beverly Hills 90210 cast in the recent reboot Doherty explains, "We all had our own relationship with Luke... there were all these moments when we looked at each other and we're like, 'Ya, we're missing [Luke] ... It just never felt 100% complete without him, for me, personally."
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...205300219.html
Old 10-10-2019, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
So, Shannen was in a brief scene in Riverdale. She plays a woman who Luke’s character saved from being hit by a car - but in so doing is killed himself.
OMG I haven't seen it so thanks for posting the details. That's moving.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-10-2019, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
OMG I haven't seen it so thanks for posting the details. That's moving.

You're welcome ! I don't watch the show, but I DVR'd it just for this. It's even more moving when you know how strong Shannen and Luke's friendship was - I'm sure the clip will make the rounds so that you can see it!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

The Riverdale tribute was beautiful. Shannen did a fantastic job

KH asked about kissing her ex (JJ) in front of the cameras all day:

"Maybe there's a hint of realism?"
Old 10-12-2019, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

Awesome
Old 10-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It's very special that out of all people, Shannen was chosen (and agreed) to do this part on Riverdale.

It's not a show I have ever cared to watch, but it speaks volumes as to how close she and Luke were in his later years that she felt it was appropriate to do this role in memory of him.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-19-2019, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the Riverdale info! It sounds beautiful. I am also glad she was chosen for that.

Quote:
It's not a show I have ever cared to watch, but it speaks volumes as to how close she and Luke were in his later years that she felt it was appropriate to do this role in memory of him.
Yeah, but I have a feeling she was not chosen because they were close in the last years, but because of early 90210 years and their iconic connection as an onscreen couple. She said Luke apparently talked to the Riverdale people to hire her and tried to persuade her to do it, so ok, they probably had their friendship in mind, but I somehow think their early work together was crucial. I mean, when it comes to friendship, I think they've been close in the last two years or so, but for decades he was closer with Jason, Ian and Jennie, so they could have gone for one of them. I am super glad Shannen and Luke were friends, and thinking of their last pic, she could have actually been the last of the cast to see him alive , but he was super close with the others too.

Icon by oth. fan
Old 10-20-2019, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Yulan, I don’t want to be argumentative, but I admit that sometimes I think you disagree just to disagree. Obviously Brenda and Dylan are the iconic couple of BH 90210, but this was about Shannen and Luke primarily. Luke did talk to Riverdale producers about having Shannen on the show, but they could never find the right role/spot for her. Not once has she said that she would have had to have been persuaded to accept a part on that show - it seems clear to me by what she’s said that she would have accepted in a heartbeat.

Your last comment just seems odd to me, like there’s some kind of competition for who was closest to Luke. We all know, and Shannen has referenced it, that they lost touch after she left the show. That has no bearing in why Riverdale producers chose her for the memorial episode. After her cancer reveal, Luke contacted her - no doubt to offer his love and support. They had both been through - and she is still going through it - something that is undeniably life-changing, and it brought them closer. It doesn’t mean that Luke was not still close with his other former BH cast mates, just that he and Shannen had an especially powerful bond. Just read the interviews with Riverdale’s creator and cast as they tell you a lot...or just listen to Shannen.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

I can see both of your POVs and I don't think either of you were wrong in what you both said
Old 10-21-2019, 05:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipHopKingMike (View Post)
I can see both of your POVs and I don't think either of you were wrong in what you both said
yeah! Both playped a role. Him wanting her on the show from the beginning and their growing bond in the past years and them being this iconic couple in 90s was the icing on the cake. It shouldn't be a argument.

At least she had the opportunity to pay a tribute seeing that she wasn't there in the bh90210 one.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not like there's any essential difference between the two. I have already emphasized an importance of both Shannen/Luke and Brenda/Dylan in my post. It is absolutely not a big deal to mention that the other cast members mattered a lot to him too, nor it leads to the competition, even if they possibly mattered more.

Icon by oth. fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread