Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2014, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Plus I really wanted to taste Cindy's good food since everybody said it was so good.
heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I always wanted to do that too!
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dylan suggests she should open a restaurant.
Old 05-09-2015, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember that.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess that's why he always shows up for Thanksgiving.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't blame him! Cindy looked like an amazing cook.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish she and Nat could collaborate on a few dishes.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know right! I always want a megaburger too and Peach Pie.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

And whatever else Nat serves.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 06-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

That looks like a nice shot.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Been spending the last few days skimming through episodes of this show on Youtube. Seriously, how jarring is it that Kelly is so involved with Silver's life and then suddenly disappears after season two? Brenda after season one? Donna after TWO EPISODES?

The only reason I'm even watching it is to have a better idea of the characters' lives post-old series, and I've been taking notes. (No, really.) Trying to come up with a justification for Kelly apparently no longer being in Beverly Hills to at least look after Silver, among other things, is bordering on ridiculous. All I can come up with at the moment is her finally deciding to move to Wyoming for Sammy's sake; maybe the kid wants to be with his dad and have a "real" family. I don't see her suddenly moving away for any other reason precisely because her sister needs her; she's still a minor when Kelly leaves, she's troubled (to put it mildly), and she has nowhere to stay.

I hate that I have such a need to stick to canon when devising stories about fictional characters. I try to keep them grounded in reality as much as possible that way, but it's hard to accept when I find canon itself to be so unrealistic. I keep thinking that if they had taken the characters in different directions; if the focus of the show hadn't shifted from Annie and Dixon's new-kids-on-the-block scenario to a directionless, bland, ensemble soap (aka making it a true clone of the original show); the writers didn't try to create drama by way of ruining established relationships and friendships, etc., then maybe, just maybe, the show could have done better and wouldn't have had to cut actors right and left because of costs or failing to keep their interest with a decent role. I mean, didn't they want Kelly to have an affair with Harry or something? Ew.

Also, I've nothing against ensemble shows; Downton Abbey is the only show I'm currently following. I just felt that once Brenda had left the original show, the gang moved on to college and adulthood, and Kelly became the new main character, the series as a whole felt like it lacked direction and meaning. Obviously that's subjective, but even in the 90210 episodes that I was skimming I noticed that Annie and Dixon were becoming less important than their peers, and the storylines started looking cliché, unrealistic, boring, etc. etc. The box art for later seasons also prominently features Naomi (aka Kelly Taylor). It just feels like the old show again in that way, and I feel that's partly why it went downhill. I'm sure we all have our reasons why we like or dislike it, but the vibe I get from it is similar to how I felt watching the later seasons of the original show, despite the fact that 90210 is much more similar in tone and style to its counterpart tv dramas... whatever they were.

You know who I liked initially? Ryan and Silver. Sucks that Ryan just kind of disappears from the show (with Debbie?! Wtf??), and Silver's ending is stupidly tragic. I was annoyed (reading episode synopses that included her) by just how unfortunate her life was written to be, though. Bad luck must run in the Taylor family more than anyone else's.

I was sooo onboard the Kelly/Ryan ship until I read ahead to see what happened to them. Ugh. Ugh! I've never really shipped Kelly with anyone until him. Dammit.

The positive to this show? It actually made Kelly one of my favorite characters, if not my favorite main character. Seeing Brenda and Donna again was fabulous, Donna especially. Brenda had matured, but Donna felt and sounded the same - in a good way! I was crushed that she didn't come back. Seeing all three of them together would have been the absolute best.

Anyway, the parts I did watch made for an interesting experience, I suppose. I really didn't think I'd enjoy seeing Kelly, Brenda, and Donna as much as I did given my reservations of the show, but I'm glad I did see them again (even if their storylines were ruined).

ETA: I need to read through this thread. I'm laughing so hard rn. Especially at this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by playgroundDiaries (View Post)

Um ... I have news, again.

I think this is actually more unbelievable.

Get this: It's now confirmed that Caleb is NOT going to be related to any of our Walshes. They just wanted an Irish last name and that was the first one that came to mind.

... THEY HADN'T NOTICED THE SIMILARITY TO THE ORIGINAL SERIES UNTIL AFTER FILMING HAD BEGUN.

I have no words. No words, people. Jesus Christ, what the hell? This is what we're dealing with. Omg ...
...dead.

ETA 2: Whoever called Shannen's acting wooden was clearly asleep during every single one of Tracy Clark's scenes.

Last edited by Vixen in Violet; 06-17-2015 at 12:01 AM
Vixen in Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't listen or got a chance to see the Adele - Hello song/video until now.

Congrats to Tristan Mack Wilds aka Dixon Wilson for landing a role in the video.

Old 11-21-2015, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread