Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Snow Patrol News Thread #3: Must know about upcoming SP concerts and their next album b/c we're that obsessed!

New thread! Hope the title's okay. Here are a couple of news tidbits to get us started.

Quote:
Snow Patrol : News : SNOW PATROL PLAY THEIR FINAL SHOW OF THE SUMMER

The Patrol will take to the stage in a few hours at the Olympic Stadium in Istanbul, Turkey for their final support slot with U2 on the 360° tour.

Following a summer that has seen SP play two huge headline shows in Scotland and Northern Ireland, supporting U2 on several dates of their European tour and playing headline slots at Pukkelpop and Lowlands Festival, the band will now take a few weeks off before heading into the studio to begin recording their eagerly awaited sixth album.

During the summer shows, the band have continued their support of Amnesty International, who the guys have all been linked with over the last few years. Gary has worn the Demand Dignity campaign t-shirt (see above) on stage several times over the summer, and you can find out how you can get involved at amnesty.org.
The guys have had a busy summer - they deserve a break. So excited for their next album!!

Also, Gary wrote a beautiful tribute to U2 and their time on tour with them. Here's the link:

U2 > Tours > U2 360 TOUR : 2010 / 2011 > 'It's Been Magical...'

Previous threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f257/snow-pa...nces-62890802/
http://www.fanforum.com/f257/snow-pa...time-62793079/

icon: Spike it up
Old 09-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The title's great, Szilvia. I had no ideas, im relieved you opened it. Thanks.

They've toured a lot this year, im sure a break will be much needed!

Im so thrilled about their next album, especially knowing that its going to be different.

And I'll read the blog later tonight, thanks for all the news.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome! Okay, good , glad you like the title.

Can you believe they'll be recording their sixth album?! I'm sure we'll be in for a treat.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cannot believe it, they've come so far from Final Straw , when I first heard them... they must be so proud! And Im glad they are allowing themselves to be more indulgent now, experiment a little. Its the right time.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Snow Patrol : News : BEAT FOR PEACE SUDAN365

Following the success of the ‘Beat for Peace’ video that was released early this year, the Sudan365 Campaign have released a second video which will be presented to all the world leaders on Friday 24th September at the UN in New York.

Featuring various drummers and artists from all over the world including Radiohead sticksman Phil Selway, Coldplay’s Will Champion, Pink Floyd’s Nick Masson and Snow Patrol’s Jonny Quinn, the campaign is calling on world leaders to prevent a return to war in Sudan ahead of a landmark referendum in January 2011.

You can watch footage of the video below and find out more about the Campaign and how you can help at Sudan365.org
So great to see Jonny involved in something like this. Click on the link to watch the video!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, I remember when this news came out, good to have a video finally. Will watch it later tonight, thanks Szilvia.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem. The video's really cool & catchy.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is. And it was for such a good cause. And Im sure Jonny loved playing with all those great drummers!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The next SP album is mentioned in Gary's latest blog post! Here's the ending bit:

Quote:
Yes we are to record our sixth album in LA (yes sixth as Up To Now does not count, don’t you hate Best Ofs if only for making the discography untidy) in the next few months and it is our intention to have it out midway through 2011. It will not come out until it’s perfect though so there is no date set in stone. It’ll happen when it happens.

Thank you everyone for the 100 Millions Suns tour. Our crew who worked on it, the bands who toured with us and us with them and to every one of you that came to see us play, it’s truly a heartbreaking waste of time without you. Believe us, we toured from 1995 – 2003 (although thank you to the 20 people a night that used to come see us).

A tour ends and an album begins…
I love the fact that they want to make it just right before releasing it. So excited for it! I hope they have a great time putting it together. And I adore how Gary thanked everyone involved with their last tour

Old 10-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Im so excited for it, its going to be something spectacular. And im glad they're not restraining themselves at all this time, not when it comes to time, or people they want to work with. Sounds so good.

Aw, its good to see them so humble, the succees hasnt made them forget about where and how they started. I adore them so much.

Thanks for posting the blog, Szilvia.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome! They're just lovely, how can anyone not adore them?

Awesome to hear straight from Gary about what's to come. He's sweet to keep us fans in the loop (as much as possible, anyway ).

Old 11-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do we know if they've started recording the sixth album already?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't come across anything concrete yet, but I haven't been digging much...I'm sure it'll be posted on the official site once there's something to report. Or when Gary decides to blog about it again!

Old 11-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, we should be hearing about it soon, Im just getting a little impatient.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I understand. Hopefully Gary will write a Christmas/New Year's blog post as he often does, so he may include a tidbit or two in there!