Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I think the reason she brings out Lee's destructive side is because she won't commit to him, so if she ever did, for real, I think they could be really happy together. But the slasher in me always hopes that the boys leave the girl and run off together
Old 01-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no, didn't mean to start that kind of talk

the question is...can Kara really leave behind her "pilot" side and be a gf/wife and settle down with either of them and be truly happy? It's human nature to long and desire what you don't have. When she was with Sam, she wanted Lee. When she was with Lee (after "The Farm/Resistance" S2 episodes) she wanted Sam (Scar...S2, when Helo told her she's got a reason to live...aka resque Sam).

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, depends on what settling down entails. She doesn't really have to stay home and cook and make sweaters...I don't think Lee would ever give up flying foverer either...I think they could all (Sam, Lee and Kara) be happy and find meaningful things to do with their lives if they ever settled down (whatever couple it is )...but honestly, my favorite Lee/Kara moments (I know this is a Sam/Kara thread, I'll stop in minute ) are when they're flying together and having fun, so...

Wow, that was a lot of babbling
Old 01-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

If Kara is too much for Sam, she has been way beyond that too much for Lee, whom she's pretty much flattened everytime they've flirted with getting together. Sam's more or less come out with his dignity intact, most of the time. he's tried to leave her a couple of times, but for whatever reasons of her own, Kara wasn't able to let him go. Check out Collaborators and Taking A Break. Sam even gave her back the dogtag in Collaborators, and told her to go to Lee if she loved him in TAB. But both times, she literally pulled him back into an embrace.

Kara is just one helluva woman. Which is why, I love her.

I don't believe that Sam would have continued the situation, as it existed in Maelstrom forever if he didn't believe he had a chance to rebuild the real marriage that he asserted several times that he wanted.

Of course, Sam's Cyloness also probably plays a factor here in his persistance, and I hope to see more development of that in S4.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai19 (View Post)
Sam's more or less come out with his dignity intact, most of the time. he's tried to leave her a couple of times, but for whatever reasons of her own, Kara wasn't able to let him go...[...]But both times, she literally pulled him back into an embrace.
I think the reason she kept going back to Sam was because she wasn't ready to face her feelings for Lee, at least not fully. But we'll agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai19
Kara is just one helluva woman. Which is why, I love her.
Definitely And why Sam and Lee love her, too. Honestly, I think she could be happy with both, just in different ways. I guess it's just a matter of what kind of relationship you're into. I see major flaws in Sam/Kara but it'd be hypocritical of me to say Lee/Kara isn't flawed either. Truth is, Kara just needs to be okay with herself before settling down with anyone...
Old 01-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

The dynamic between Sam/Kara will change big time in S4, with the most recent revelation that Sam is a cylon alone. Given the fact that Lee is now single and Dee left him, where do you think he'll go first? Straight to Kara.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
The dynamic between Sam/Kara will change big time in S4, with the most recent revelation that Sam is a cylon alone. Given the fact that Lee is now single and Dee left him, where do you think he'll go first? Straight to Kara.
Well, if you can believe that Last Supper photo spread in EW - Sam/Kara is apparently still a GO for season 4.

(For however long that lasts. )

I'm a shameless, unapologetic Sam/Kara shipper. So sue me.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Lorelai, I'm right there with you on the Sam/Kara shipper part!
And I still hope for those two in season 4, despite better knowledge that I shouldn't (because I always get disappointed ) and even though Kara/Lee seem like the most likely endgame.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila Lila (View Post)
Lorelai, I'm right there with you on the Sam/Kara shipper part!
And I still hope for those two in season 4, despite better knowledge that I shouldn't (because I always get disappointed ) and even though Kara/Lee seem like the most likely endgame.
Oh, I agree that in all TV shipping it's best to set your expectations as low as possible. I fully expect some kind of last minute Kara/Lee twu wuv. And probably over Sam's dead body.

That's how low I set my expectations. And then I plan on living happily ever after in K/S denial land.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

My expectations are much the same as yours and I'll totally join you in denialland! But I still hope for some Sam/Kara goodness in season 4.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila Lila (View Post)
My expectations are much the same as yours and I'll totally join you in denialland! But I still hope for some Sam/Kara goodness in season 4.
Oh, I'm pretty sure we're going to get much K/S goodness in seaaon 4 just because the story demands it. Kara has just come back from the dead at the exact same moment that her husband has discovered his true nature. That's a huge set up for some pretty intense drama.

And these two love each other. I don't buy this idea the the K/L shippers have that Kara only stays with Sam because she's so weak kneed for Lee that she can't face it. That's kind of insulting to Kara, who has *said* she loves Sam. And it's also completely false to say that Kara is unhappy with Sam, ignoring all the evidence that they were very happy together for a year on New Caprica. That's why the S/K/L triangle is so much stronger then the D/L/K one was. Kara can't just walk away from Sam, or trade one in for the other. Either way she loses something that she loves. And that's the way it should be because it makes for better drama, even if it upsets some L/K people who just want Sam swept under the rug so that the K/L twu wuv can begin.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai19
Oh, I'm pretty sure we're going to get much K/S goodness in seaaon 4 just because the story demands it. Kara has just come back from the dead at the exact same moment that her husband has discovered his true nature. That's a huge set up for some pretty intense drama.
Can't help but agree with everything you said here. I'm definitely looking forward to how it all will play out.

While my main ship will always be L/K, I can definitely see the attraction between Sam/Kara. Actually, I think Sam is good for Kara, because he manages to bring out her other side. How that will change with her coming back and Sam discovering his true nature - we'll have to wait and see, but I'm sure it will be interesting.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

I think her reaction might depend on what she saw going to Earth. She doesn't have a very good track record with cylons and when she finds out she's married to one, it's not going to be pretty I think.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, her trip to Earth is the big question right now - did it change her or not? If she'll be back as the 'good old' Starbuck we know, it ain't gonna be pretty once she discovers Sam is a cylon.

But what if she came back as a changed person? I so can't wait for the new season to come around
Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Oh, I know that we'll most likely get more than a few Kara/Sam scenes in the next season, I just fear that they might not be the "good", shippy kind and that their relationship will most likely be strained. I hope that they get together again yet I think it is highly unlikely. But then again, I'm very interested into where the story is going, how Sam will handle his knowledge of being a cylon and how Kara is handling her return, even if it means no shipper moments (but sometimes I'm shallow like that and just want a shipper moment).
Quote:
And these two love each other. I don't buy this idea the the K/L shippers have that Kara only stays with Sam because she's so weak kneed for Lee that she can't face it. That's kind of insulting to Kara, who has *said* she loves Sam. And it's also completely false to say that Kara is unhappy with Sam, ignoring all the evidence that they were very happy together for a year on New Caprica. That's why the S/K/L triangle is so much stronger then the D/L/K one was. Kara can't just walk away from Sam, or trade one in for the other. Either way she loses something that she loves. And that's the way it should be because it makes for better drama, even if it upsets some L/K people who just want Sam swept under the rug so that the K/L twu wuv can begin.
I definitely think that Kara loves both Sam and Lee. They both cater to different aspects of her personality. I sometimes just wish that she finds happiness in a relationship, even if it was with Lee, because she deserves it. But I think she might never find that because she is a troubled person with huge issues.
I also don't know where the idea comes from that Kara was never happy with Sam. Now we never saw much of their life on New Caprica but they somehow seemed to live the life of normal, happily married newlyweds. And after being back on Galactica, seeing all that she's been through during the cylon occupation, I think her chances of being happy and/or being in a happy relationship were pretty much ruined, even if she were with Lee.
Quote:
I think her reaction might depend on what she saw going to Earth. She doesn't have a very good track record with cylons and when she finds out she's married to one, it's not going to be pretty I think.
That's something I'm really looking forward to: Will Sam reveal to her that he's a cylon? And especially: What will her reaction to this be like?