Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by karate0kat (View Post)
About Adama and his reactions, I think there are two reasons for them.

When he balked at using the biological material to fix Galactica I think the major word their is biological. With the FTL drives it was just hardware and software, something they could eventually learn about and understand. What Tyrol proposed was completely different, it's letting something living that they can't control become part of the ship they depend on for everything.

As to his desire for only human workers, I think that may be his way of acknowledging the cause of the mutiny. That maybe he understands that it's not fair to just brush aside the feelings of his crew as if they're meaningless. I think it's his way of saying 'OK, we're still going to be in an alliance, but let's take it a bit slower, shall we?'

That's how I viewed it anyway.
I agree on both your comments
Old 02-15-2009, 05:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-Kathy-> (View Post)
This episode revealed a lot but it felt like a big "dump" of info. It was mostly told and not shown. It was talking heads, all exposition and no action. One mistake that novice writers make is "to tell" instead of "to show" and I thought that this episode suffered from too much of that. It may be because they have so few episodes left to get the story told. I would have loved more episodes instead.
Makes you wonder why not mix in flashbacks? Exposition 101

Quote:
OK now that I have that rant off my chest I will say I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the interaction between Ellen and everyone else - the centurion, Cavil and Boomer. Also loved all the info revealed by Ellen and Sam. Loved Sam and Kara's interaction.
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with how Kate Vernon did in the episode. I was a bit skeptical once she was officially revealed as the final "earth cylon" b/c I didn't think her character could command and take on such a "heavy burden" but I was wrong. She more than pulled her weight in those scenes with Dean, which were superb!

Jon/Cavil's rant about experiencing the supernova was...PRICELESS

Quote:
With the reveal that Gaelen and Tory were a couple back on Earth put a new slant on the scene in the bar when she stokes his arm and her killing Cally.
Yes, it justifies Tori's desire to get close to Galen at that time (they had just found out they were cylons.

Quote:
I'm interested to see Ellen's reaction to Saul and Caprica 6 and their baby when she and boomer show up on the Galactica.
I can't imagine she'll be happy with Saul's actions. It'll be interesting to see Boomer and Tyrol "re-united" again, now that they are both cylons, that's a scene/storyline that I was hoping the creative team would touch on and it now looks like it's going to happen!

Well...I'm of the opinion that the "daniel cylon" is going to turn out to be Kara. Not sure how, but I just do

Overall, I'll say this was my favorite episode of the season b/c for the 1st time I felt a glimmer of hope (I think Adama's decision to use cylon "technology" to fix the ship had a lot to do with it, plus I liked Galen's attitude in this episode. He was promoted to his post again and seemed to accept the responsibility with renewed vigor.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)

I loved the new opening!
The new opening kicked a$$, I loved it

Quote:
When he balked at using the biological material to fix Galactica I think the major word their is biological. With the FTL drives it was just hardware and software, something they could eventually learn about and understand. What Tyrol proposed was completely different, it's letting something living that they can't control become part of the ship they depend on for everything.

As to his desire for only human workers, I think that may be his way of acknowledging the cause of the mutiny. That maybe he understands that it's not fair to just brush aside the feelings of his crew as if they're meaningless. I think it's his way of saying 'OK, we're still going to be in an alliance, but let's take it a bit slower, shall we?'
Good points

Ok I'm going to do a sort of a meta here, because they was so much stuff going on, I'm trying to remember it all, if I miss anything, chime in guys

- 13th tribe left Kobel and settled on Earth.
- FF made an armistice with the centurions to create 8 models
- Ellen is the "creator" of the 8 models
- 7 model is presumed dead, I say presumed because anything can happen on his show
- 7 model is named Daniel
- Cavil (or John) killed Daniel because of jealously, like the Cane and Abel story
- Ellen and Tyrol discovered Resurrection
- Resurrection can still happen as Ellen knows the whereabouts of a Resurrection facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with how Kate Vernon did in the episode. I was a bit skeptical once she was officially revealed as the final "earth cylon" b/c I didn't think her character could command and take on such a "heavy burden" but I was wrong. She more than pulled her weight in those scenes with Dean, which were superb!

Jon/Cavil's rant about experiencing the supernova was...PRICELESS

Well...I'm of the opinion that the "daniel cylon" is going to turn out to be Kara. Not sure how, but I just do
Me too Alex , I thought Kate was kicking it all over in the eppy and so was Dean Stockwell, I loved his rant

I was thinking that too Alex about Kara, but then I thought can Cylons change sex..., so then I dismissed it

I think Daniel either had to do with Kara or Laura....
Old 02-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
- Resurrection can still happen as Ellen knows the whereabouts of a Resurrection facility
Thats going to be interesting if they go into that as a storyline
Old 02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
About Adama and his reactions, I think there are two reasons for them.

That's how I viewed it anyway.
My reaction while viewing those scenes was exactly like Wild Pikachu's, but your explanation makes sense. Thanks.

Also thanks, crazy_diamond for the review and the meta-outline.

After what we learned with this episode I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season, of course, but also to 'The Plan' which should have quite a bit more interaction between Ellen, John Cavil, and all the rest. Maybe Daniel too. Maybe they didn't show all of what happened in this episode because we'll get to see it in the movie when it comes out.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What we learned in this episode has me eager for the movie as well
Old 02-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the mini meta but I still don't think I get it all

Kate Vernon did a good job, I was thinking that if they planned to go with the final Cylon being a creator of them, it wouldn't have made that much sense for it to be someone like Gaeta, Dee etc., IMO. Ellen makes perfect sense to me.

I've read a lot of speculation that Daniel is either Kara or her father. But so many people seem to think that, that I'm not so sure the show will go there. They like to go down the unpredictable route so it wouldn't be much of a surprise if Daniel turns out to be Kara or her father.

Laura|
Old 02-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I watched it for a second time and thinks are making more sense now, although did the centurions make the FF

I'm going for Daniel not being Kara's father, because as you said Laura, this show goes down the unpredicable route, so I'm going for that he's Roslin's father...

You read it here first

Kathy, I'm looking forward to the movie as well
Old 02-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The show is already done with how all the episodes have been shot and all storylines finished, so it could be that it is it unless they figured that us the fans would think along those lines and then throw in an unpredictable route
Old 02-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I also watched this episode 2 times and it was really interesting, very full of information, but of course we didn't learn everything.... I'm looking forward to 4x16 and the movie
Old 02-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked that how we got loads of information but have no questions about that information. Well played because I like how this show gets us thinking
Old 02-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Got us thinking alright

that about the show
Old 02-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Got us thinking alright

that about the show
Same here I think about those things a lot and I like getting into everything.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is the only show that I truly involve myself into thinking and theorizing about Well, the other other show that would cause me to do that is Heroes because none of my other ones really need to be thought about. Well, Dollhouse might prove to be a new one to think about
Old 02-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

and also with this latest eppy, many people have differering views which is great because you can see scenes in a different way or things you didn't think of before, now you think now that could happen...