Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2009, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Well that was a mind frak and a half!

First off I thought the new teaser was fantastic, great introduction to Ellen

Ellen - Well wow, that was some entrance, I loved how the centurion helped Ellen out of the, well, goo and I thought she looked quite evil when she looked into the camera. That woman sure has some major major clout!, I really loved this version of Ellen and all these secrets coming out and also there is another model!!!, first thought was Stabuck, but now it's "Daniel", I have this funny feeling we might see him again, Ellen sure liked him. Woo for Boomer rescuing Ellen, now where the frak are they now!

Cavil - or should I say John, I loved seeing him back and he's a mean SOB and it was a bit of a shock to learn that he knew all about the FF, naughty and also with him having the big chip on his shoulder, that man can't stand being human and Ellen made him in the image of her father, wow and eek considering what happened on NC...

FF - this stuff was great. Poor Sam though, I do hope he pulls through, he's been in the wars. Tory and Galen being together was LOL and glad that Tyrol saw the funny side of it. Loved Tigh in this part, with him saying that don't blame anyone. Also interesting that the FF thought on resurrection and who is this one true God of the cylons?, that is intriging me..

Crew - Poor Bill and the ship , she has been in the wars and now the thing he never wanted to do, will now be done. Galactica needs a complete re-fit. Lovely scene with Laura and Lee, and now Lee is doing the major stuff now, which isn't a complete surprise. I love the little reminder from Laura at the end though, wise words . Great Cottle stuff and Kara/Sam as well. I thought we would get some stuff about Starbuck, but none as yet. Lovely Tigh/Six scene, awww when Tigh smiled at his baba kicking.

Strange ending because I was right into the eppy and then boom, cut off..., I thought damn it I want more .

I think I need a pen and paper to write everything down, because I trying to process the whole lot and my it's difficult
Old 02-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Boomer's back

Glad to see Sam in the hospital and interesting about everthing he said. I'm more than a little confused. WTF about he's not his mind, where is here

Six was so made as in an image of Ellen. Was interesting to see her journey since NC. Cavil was so angry at her

Chief is back and damn about all the damage to Galactica. We were right about thinking it was from old age and battles. Going to be interesting to see how the Cylon technology takes place

I wanted to see a reaction from Boomer knowing that Galen was a Final Five Maybe her taking Ellen away is the reaction
Old 02-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Loyal Fan

This episode revealed a lot but it felt like a big "dump" of info. It was mostly told and not shown. It was talking heads, all exposition and no action. One mistake that novice writers make is "to tell" instead of "to show" and I thought that this episode suffered from too much of that. It may be because they have so few episodes left to get the story told. I would have loved more episodes instead.

OK now that I have that rant off my chest I will say I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the interaction between Ellen and everyone else - the centurion, Cavil and Boomer. Also loved all the info revealed by Ellen and Sam. Loved Sam and Kara's interaction.

With the reveal that Gaelen and Tory were a couple back on Earth put a new slant on the scene in the bar when she stokes his arm and her killing Cally.

I'm interested to see Ellen's reaction to Saul and Caprica 6 and their baby when she and boomer show up on the Galactica.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That does put a new light to that scene with Galen/Tory and how Tory killed Cally. Could mean that she may have remembered that or it is that she felt something for him. I loved how Galen giggled at that when Sam told them
Old 02-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Me too

I agree Kathy that it we should have seen more instead of telling us

I'll have to watch this eppy a few more times to catch stuff. So much info going round my head at the moment.,,,

The Ellen interaction was just fantastic and also looking forward to her reaction to Tigh/Six

I forgot about the Tyrol/Tory in the bar, it certainly does

Wonder were Ellen will pop up next..
Old 02-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I forgot about the bar scene as well
Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

So am I right in saying that the original centurions made the FF and then they made the 8 copies..., so they new how to be human

I'm intrigued about "Daniel"...

Ok guys, I've copied this from a review, this might explain it

Quote:
Thirteen Tribes set out from Kobol, and the Thirteenth (Cylons) settled on Earth, where they stopped resurrecting and had babies instead. They created robots, I think, who went crazy on them and threw them a big old war just like ours did. Luckily, a group of five scientist-types were able to rediscover resurrection technology, and download themselves into new bodies at the moment of their holocaust. (After being warned by mysterious and invisible Sexy Chip People, no less.) Tory and Galen were the hot young couple, Saul and Ellen were the hot old couple, and Sam was apparently like what if Bob Dylan hung out with Watson and Crick. So they took a sublight voyage backwards along Athena's Arrow, to find the other Tribes and tell them in no uncertain terms, Do Not With Robots.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Interesting review
Old 02-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I read the review and it makes more sense now to me anyways
Old 02-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode.

That was a nice little bit between Adama and the Chief at the beginning. Though I found Adama's reactions a little weird...a couple episodes ago he was pushing Cylon FTL drives on every ship in the fleet, and now suddenly he doesn't want Cylons in the repair teams, and he has to drink himself into a stupor in order to accept the notion of using Cylon materials to strengthen the ship?? Very odd. I agree that there was a lot of exposition, but it was a lot easier (and cheaper) to tell that story than show it.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked seeing them walking around checking the damage
Old 02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a lot of info, I don't think I even got it all. I think I need to read some meta to figure out what the hell it all meant.

I loved the new opening!

The centurion helping Ellen made me almost go "Aww". It was kind of cute

I hope Kara finds out what the frak she is soon. The poor girl is obviously desperate to get some answers and who can blame her.

I thoughts Cylon Ellen was all kinds of awesome, I sure did like her more than human Ellen.

Tigh/Six still creeps me out.

Who's Daniel?! I think he might have something to do with Kara.

"Do whatever you have to to save our girl." *sniff*

Laura|
Old 02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I also thought "aww" when the centurion helped her

Cylon Ellen is so much better than Human Ellen Nothing wrong with Human Ellen but this verison of her is better. So maybe it was a good idea to have her as the final one

We are thinking that its Kara's father that is "Daniel"
Old 02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Extreme Fan

About Adama and his reactions, I think there are two reasons for them.

When he balked at using the biological material to fix Galactica I think the major word their is biological. With the FTL drives it was just hardware and software, something they could eventually learn about and understand. What Tyrol proposed was completely different, it's letting something living that they can't control become part of the ship they depend on for everything.

As to his desire for only human workers, I think that may be his way of acknowledging the cause of the mutiny. That maybe he understands that it's not fair to just brush aside the feelings of his crew as if they're meaningless. I think it's his way of saying 'OK, we're still going to be in an alliance, but let's take it a bit slower, shall we?'

That's how I viewed it anyway.
|Kara♥Sam|
icon by me
Old 02-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really blown away by the episode, I'm not used to getting so much information, lol.