Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Did you expect anything else?
No, but I'm always hopeful that one day Kara will ease off on her self-destructive ways. In the end, she's been through so much, I want her to be happy. (maybe that's not her destiny )

So right now it's Laura vs Kara in the BSG "arena". I know in the end, Kara will get her ways. It'll take some time, but she will. She always does.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider (View Post)
I was under the impression that before Maelstorm Kara was actually "calming down" a bit. New Caprica changed her, and Unfinished Business changed her too.
I agree so much with this comment. It wasn't until Maelstorm that she really backed away from calming down in a respect and did the unthinkable- going into the clouds. I mean, if you listen to the Podcast for that episode it tells you so much about the person Kara was becoming.
Quote:
They can't do that. They have a map or clues from the Supernova Exlosion that they are following. Try and see this from Laura's POV.
Agreed again. For all they know, Kara COULD be a cylon. Her Viper is brand new, they thought she was dead, etc. Laura believes they can find Earth one way and that's what they are going to do.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Heres a new Kara Bio from the official website Battlestar Galactica | SCIFI.COM
The fleet's most talented, passionate and rebellious Viper pilot (callsign "Starbuck") has been burdened with post-traumatic confusion and anger from a lifetime of abuse, first at her mother's hands and later as a prisoner of the Cylon known as Leoben. Recently, her rocky but affectionate marriage to Sam Anders barely weathered her affair with Lee Adama. Then she became plagued by visions of a mandala — a strange swirling shape that had haunted her thoughts throughout her life. To the horror of all who cared about her, Kara plunged her Viper into a swirling planetary storm, where her Viper exploded. Months later, when the fleet stood on the brink of a calamitous battle with the Cylons, Kara made a seemingly miraculous return to life to announce that she has traveled to Earth — and that she can guide the fleet there.

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 04-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No, but I'm always hopeful that one day Kara will ease off on her self-destructive ways. In the end, she's been through so much, I want her to be happy. (maybe that's not her destiny )
A happy Kara would be nice, but then again, it's BSG - so I doubt that will happen And no, I don't think that's her destiny either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
So right now it's Laura vs Kara in the BSG "arena". I know in the end, Kara will get her ways. It'll take some time, but she will. She always does.
Well, looks like she got her way already.

Also, this episode reminded me of something I didn't get around to point out the other day - Kara did go after the Arrow of Apollo because of Laura's visions. So they are kinda in a reversed situation right now. Only that Laura isn't so willing to believe in Kara's visions (or whatever you'd like to call it) as Kara was back in the day.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Elite Fan

I think like Ash said, the circumstances are different. Laura suspects Kara of being a cylon, or somehow subconsciencly working with the cylons, that is the main reason why she doesn't want to trust her. It has nothing to do with trusting someone with a prophetic vision.

On a side note, they really need to make up their mind what to do with Katee's hair. This in-between look of short/long isn't working for me.

Well, Kara got her way, sort of. I didn't see that coming, honestly. I felt she was going to be in the brig for a few episodes.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Katee was fantastic in the latest eppy
Old 04-13-2008, 08:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Yep
Katee Sackhoff really is a very talented actress!
I felt for Kara when she was trying to persuade Roslin that she was not a cyclon and she was willing to die to prove her point but nobody would believe her except Lee.
I couldn't believe when Roslin would shoot kara like that when kara was turning her back to her.

At the end though I really love the final scene and the Kara and Adama hug when he said he didn't want to lose her a second time. aww.

My favorite pic of the eppie

Kara:"Starbuck to all vipers-- do not fire... repeat, do not fire! I am a friendly, okay? We're all friendlies. So, let's just... be friendly."
Old 04-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Best quote of the episode:

Kara: Nice to see that you still care.

I loved the Kara/Bill interactions. I'm glad that he supported her in the end
Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think like Ash said, the circumstances are different. Laura suspects Kara of being a cylon, or somehow subconsciencly working with the cylons, that is the main reason why she doesn't want to trust her. It has nothing to do with trusting someone with a prophetic vision.
Agreed, but also - how was Kara to know Laura wasn't a Cylon either back in the day? Of course Laura's visions can be explained by the chamala but still...

Quote:
Well, Kara got her way, sort of. I didn't see that coming, honestly. I felt she was going to be in the brig for a few episodes.
I was surprised about that as well. I sure thought they'd keep her in the brig for a few episodes .
Old 04-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

How will Kara react to her new "mission" is one of the best things to look forward to on the show now. Will Helo be with her, and I wonder if she'll actually be in charge or will someone like Helo be in charge of her (if he is going, which was unclear to me).

Old 04-20-2008, 07:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Kara seems kind of creepy, crazy and lost in this eppie!
And I kind of dig that. I can't wait to find out what is the deal with her and what will happen on the demetrius!
I don't know if she is really Kara or some kind of ghost or another thing altogether.

I especially like the visual in this eppie.

All this red paint! Does this signify something?

Frankly, I don't think Kara will have a happy ending. IMO.

Love this pic.

Kara:"Starbuck to all vipers-- do not fire... repeat, do not fire! I am a friendly, okay? We're all friendlies. So, let's just... be friendly."
Old 04-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

Well, Kara has gone officially to a new "crazy" level even for her. This is the most tormented and confused she's ever been...and yes that includes the Farm and Occupation! She's not struggling with physical trauma like she was during the Farm, and she's no in "prison" like she was in Occupation. This is clearly an emotional struggle like she's never had before.

"Frak or Fight Kara"...in the words of Lee Adama.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm85 (View Post)
Kara seems kind of creepy, crazy and lost in this eppie!
And I kind of dig that. I can't wait to find out what is the deal with her and what will happen on the demetrius!
I don't know if she is really Kara or some kind of ghost or another thing altogether.

I especially like the visual in this eppie.
Yes, I like her painting above her bunk of that vision she had at the beginning when we she her at the desk on the Demetrius. I think it is a guide to the way to earth just like her painting on her apartment wall was. (Kind of reminds me of that character in Heros who paintes the future.)

Old 04-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Elite Fan

Does anyone wonder which stage BSG is using for Demetrius set? They turned the Pegasus into the Cylon Base Star sets, maybe it was one of the colonial ships

Old 04-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Well, Kara has gone officially to a new "crazy" level even for her. This is the most tormented and confused she's ever been...and yes that includes the Farm and Occupation! She's not struggling with physical trauma like she was during the Farm, and she's no in "prison" like she was in Occupation. This is clearly an emotional struggle like she's never had before.
Having rewatched "The Farm" and "Occupation" not too long ago, her emotional state in those episodes definitely doesn't compare to what she's going through right now. The whole destiny thing is clearly getting to her more than anything else and right now I'm not even trying to think about how it's going to end. It's going to be an interesting journey, that's for sure.

Quote:
Does anyone wonder which stage BSG is using for Demetrius set? They turned the Pegasus into the Cylon Base Star sets, maybe it was one of the colonial ships
Maybe they used some of the sets from "Dirty Hands"? No idea what they used for that episode, but it came to my mind.