Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't enjoy this episode as much as last week. It did set up some interesting stuff, especially with Gaeta. Bit worried about what's going to happen there.

Quote:
The Tigh/Six scene felt really weird. I don't know what to make out of it. But it offered some comedy moments, especially with Cottle. It was nice to see him and his snarky lines again.
Yeah, aside from being happy Doc Cottle is back, I wasn't sure what to make of that scene. It was weird to me seeing Caprica and Tigh happy together! Hmm...

Finding out Tyrol's not Nicky's father was a surprise. (OMG that little kid is adorable!)

I thought the tension was built up really well in this episode, we're really seeing the friction between those willing to incorporate the Cylons and those not. Overall though, I was a bit disappointed with it. Although the Adama/Roslin scenes were wonderful

Kat | icon |
Old 01-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I think it was a set up eppy, calm before the storm so to speak...

You could have knocked me over when we found out Tyrol wasn't the father
Old 01-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was surely knocked over because of that

Kat Nicky is very cute
Old 01-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

I'm really having a hard time getting behind BSG so far in S4.5

I think the show is trying too hard, and it doesn't have to. It's getting increasingly hard to watch for me as a fan b/c I don't see any light and or positive signs that there will be an ending I'm going to like or be happy with.

I also think that RDM's directoral debut left a lot to be desired, but not bad for his 1st episode on the show.

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Aww Alex

I'm it so far, I think it's because of the darkness behind it all, we all knew it was going to be a very dark tunnel this last chapter was going to go down, I am prepared who am I kidding

Also the twists and turns I love
Old 01-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I also agree about knowing that it was going to be a dark last chapter I'm not prepared but I knew it was going to happen
Old 01-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

I honestly didn't expect the show to be "as dark as it has been". Maybe that was the problem to begin with. I wasn't ready for Dee's suicide, for D'Anna's despair, for Laura's "I wanna quit and just die on my own terms" and for the division within the fleet (yet again, after we had it in S2).

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Dee's suicide was a bit darker than I thought it would be but I'm not so suprised about the mutiny inside the fleet. It makes sense too me and it makes sense to have Zarek at the front of it
Old 01-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well...that was a disappointment.

Too much setup, not enough anything else. So Gaeta's going to lead a mutiny aboard Galactica. Wow, except for the 28 minutes of this episode and pieces of 14 previous episodes foreshadowing it, I never woulda seen that one coming. [/sarcasm] And the Chief isn't Nicky's father? WTF is that all about? And what does it have to do with Tory killing Callie, which they replayed at the beginning? Who knows if Baltar has any plans, but if he does, his and Zarek's are liable to come clashing together at exactly the same time. At which point Cavill's forces will show up and blast them all to smithereens, probably.

Plus, there's been too little Starbuck, and WAY too little Sharon so far. The political side of the show was interesting before. It's not particularly interesting now, not the least because they're just going back over the same ground they covered before.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ron said in an interview after the episode aired that the reason why Galen is not the father is because of how he's a Cylon and they only want one Hybrid child aka Hera because of the myth about her. So they had to make Nicky not a hybrid and its why Hot Dog is the father
Old 01-25-2009, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I also think the Tigh/Caprica scene (is that Caprica? I could never keep the Sixes straight) was a bit jarring, because we never really saw any transition from when Tigh was interrogating her. BTW, are we absolutely sure that Ellen is the other Cylon, and it's not just some frakked-up vision in Tigh's head? Because remember that when he was interrogating Caprica, he was "seeing" Ellen in her place then.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was Caprica Its been confirmed that Ellen is the final
Old 01-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
BTW, are we absolutely sure that Ellen is the other Cylon, and it's not just some frakked-up vision in Tigh's head? Because remember that when he was interrogating Caprica, he was "seeing" Ellen in her place then.
Unfortunately yes. Ellen is the 5th cylon 100%.

Apparently this episode is setting up next week, but I can't help but feel that the show is dangerously close to losing itself.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkative One (View Post)
It was Caprica Its been confirmed that Ellen is the final
And you're sure they aren't just lying to everyone?

I'm a little disappointed that Gaeta picked a fight with Starbuck and not Helo, because Helo would definitely have put him through a bulkhead. Actually, I'm a little disappointed that Starbuck didn't.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww sorry to hear that you feel that way Alex