Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think it was always a big struggle for him, not just now, remember the Stacey storyline from s2
Well, he sabotaged that himself. And now it seems he's trying to build something instead of trying to destroy something.

Quote:
I think it was just the bad writing
I'm sorry, but the writing is no better or worse than it was in the first 3 seasons. Of course a show changes over time, and characters go through things, but how they did that on House was not done in a bad way, IMHO.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-12-2009, 12:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)

I'm sorry, but the writing is no better or worse than it was in the first 3 seasons. Of course a show changes over time, and characters go through things, but how they did that on House was not done in a bad way, IMHO.
Good for you if you see it that way for me it's just not like that!

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 12-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Best TV Characters of the Decade

1. Stephen Colbert ("The Colbert Report") - An unshakeable statue of liberty and morality (according to himself), TV's Colbert is nothing like his much less boisterous and more liberal real-life counterpart; that's why we like him. Colbert's exaggerated antics and sharp satire have won over a generation and given us a reason to care about the news again, earning him the top position this decade.

2. Gregory House ("House M.D.") - No misanthrope has managed to truly weave his way into the cultural cognizance since Charles Dickens' Scrooge; that is, until 2004 introduced the cynic to end all cynics. Unshaven and unapologetic, House has limped his way into becoming a pop culture phenomenon proving that you really can attract more flies with vinegar.

3. Benjamin Linus ("Lost") - Everybody loves a villain, especially when you don't know how villainous he actually is. Sly and manipulative, Linus' truly frightening character remains a (mildly disturbed) star in the midst of the complex plot-web, haunting Lostaways everywhere.
Source
Old 12-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Cool , thanks for bringing that over

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 12-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

So, according to that list, Hugh/House is the #1 fictional character? Awesome! Thanks for posting!

Yvonne
Old 12-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's so awesome, YAY!!!

And this is OT but, I LOVE your Sue icon, LOL
Old 12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_doc (View Post)
I still think as a person he's not changed that much. And he never will. Maybe the pain is manageable now, but in the last seasons he progressed to much more meaner person. Sure he was always an ass and sarcastic, but now he has become hurtful and mean and that's not a good thing.
I was actually just thinking that. Yesterday I watched a random S5 episode and while I used to always brim over with sympathy for House and his situation I felt nada for him right there. I just saw him as being intentionally cruel to both the patient and his friends. It lacked his sympathetic side. However, I think the writers have worked on that issue in s6
Old 12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link Malrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by merveille (View Post)
It lacked his sympathetic side.
The appeal was even though he's an ass, he had caring side that did peak through just enough to make you feel for him.. when that isn't there and he's just an ass there is nothing that makes you root for him...

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow I feel the exact opposite, to me he could care less about people in the early seasons, and he shows a lot more of his caring "side" now than he used to before
Old 12-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
Wow I feel the exact opposite, to me he could care less about people in the early seasons, and he shows a lot more of his caring "side" now than he used to before
I totally agree.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yesterday I watched a random S5 episode and while I used to always brim over with sympathy for House and his situation I felt nada for him right there.
Exactly! And that's sad because after all, he is a good person, it's sad that we don't see that side of him anymore.

Icon

- Andi
Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_doc (View Post)
Exactly! And that's sad because after all, he is a good person, it's sad that we don't see that side of him anymore.
Quote:
it's sad that we don't see that side of him anymore
That's not completely true. We see a lot of House's good side in s6. First with the neighbor, then with Chase, and also with Cuddy and Wilson.

Yvonne
Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not to mention the people in Mayfield
Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

House has always had his "good moments", I rather have a problem with his meanness. Of course he has always been mean to everyone around him but there were some boundaries he (or the writers) never crossed.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
House has always had his "good moments", I rather have a problem with his meanness. Of course he has always been mean to everyone around him but there were some boundaries he (or the writers) never crossed.
Like?

Yvonne