Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Please add me! I Dr. House -- and have a serious fangirl crush on him .
Welcome to the thread!
Old 12-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Ju!

Right, the migraine! At least it gave us this:

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah there's a bright side to everything, right, hehehe
Old 12-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

I think another extreme thing was in season 2, "Autopsy" when he basically "killed" the girl to save her!!

That was a very emotional episode!

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 12-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Right, the cancer kid.

Quote:
Yeah there's a bright side to everything, right, hehehe
Oh yeah!

How about OD'ing on Christmas?

Yvonne
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was horrible, I hated it when he did this kind of thing to himself I'm happy he's been doing ok so far this season

Btw, I have a question, is this thread supposed to be only about his character or is it also about the show in general?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)

Btw, I have a question, is this thread supposed to be only about his character or is it also about the show in general?
It about Hugh playing this character House So I'd say it's not about the show in general.

“The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ~ Steve Jobs
Icon

- Andi
Old 12-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Like Andi has said..It's supposed to be about Hugh being this character, so technically it's not a general show thread, however episode discussions are now going to be happening in here so long as shipping stays in the appropriate threads.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That was horrible, I hated it when he did this kind of thing to himself I'm happy he's been doing ok so far this season
I completely agree. It's always hard watching somebody self destruct.

Yvonne
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, episode discussions are here? I didn't know that, I thought all celebrity boards had episode discussion threads

Quote:
I completely agree. It's always hard watching somebody self destruct.
Isn't it amazing how far he has come? That's why I'm loving this new season so far, he's learning how to deal with things without resorting to painkillers or self-destructive behavior anymore, that's so beautiful to see
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

I don't watch season 6 but from what I've heard, they are not addressing the "pain" issue anymore, which I think is not right, because even without Vicodin addiction he has to be in pain

Icon

- Andi
Old 12-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Elite Fan

I agree, Ju!

Quote:
I don't watch season 6 but from what I've heard, they are not addressing the "pain" issue anymore, which I think is not right, because even without Vicodin addiction he has to be in pain
He said in Broken that the pain was manageable, without being on Vicodin and in Epic Fail, his leg started acting up again, but he found out that solving medical puzzles kept his mind off of it and he hardly felt it anymore. So, I am sure he is still in pain sometimes, but not as much as before.

Yvonne
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh, episode discussions are here? I didn't know that, I thought all celebrity boards had episode discussion threads

It's at the discretion of each board.

The worst thing in your life may just contain the seeds for the best things to begin to grow.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Ah I see, you and Yvonne discussed it and decided it together, good

Quote:
I understand it hard to understand what's going on when we're not watching You really should, though, if you have the chance to, the season's been amazing so far, for once they're keeping the changes they made in him instead of going back to same old same old after a couple of episodes, that's really worth watching, everyone's in character, but at the same time everyone's in a new place in their lives right now. Right now the pain and the addiction are not the central part of this character's storyline, but his efforts to get out of that constant pain and need of meds. Nice change

Quote:
He said in Broken that the pain was manageable, without being on Vicodin and in Epic Fail, his leg started acting up again, but he found out that solving medical puzzles kept his mind off of it and he hardly felt it anymore. So, I am sure he is still in pain sometimes, but not as much as before.
Exactly, ITA Yvonne Since season 2 it was clear that his pain was more emotional than anything, it got worse whenever he was sad and frustrated, whenever something failed (remember that time Cuddy gave him a placeno and he felt all better just because he belived she had given him morphine?)But when he was engaged in the cases, when things were going well, when he could take his mind off of it, it was manageable like he said
I think it's especially impressive how well he's been coping with it this season, with everything he's going on, the frustration and heartbreak of not being able to be with whom he wants to be, in other times he'd be popping pills and doing whatever it took to make people miserable. Now he's doing the total opposite of this, and I can only imagine how hard this must be for him, for anyone in the same situation, really, to handle something like without resorting to self-destruction again. You gotta have double the strength and strong will, and he's been showing that so far, so kudos to him
Old 12-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think it's especially impressive how well he's been coping with it this season, with everything he's going on, the frustration and heartbreak of not being able to be with whom he wants to be, in other times he'd be popping pills and doing whatever it took to make people miserable. Now he's doing the total opposite of this, and I can only imagine how hard this must be for him, for anyone in the same situation, really, to handle something like without resorting to self-destruction again. You gotta have double the strength and strong will, and he's been showing that so far, so kudos to him
ITA. His character progression has been almost the biggest highlight of the season for me so far. Can you imagine what the House of old would have done in the current situation? It's wonderful to see him this way.