Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezbee (View Post)
Is it just be or is it somewhat crazy how many articles there are about Zac turning 21? Not just a few blogs... lots of real publications. I can't remember them doing it for other celebs. Well, it's good publicity for him so I don't have a problem but I'm still amazed how Zac-obsessed the media is.

I can't wait for all the new stuff to come this week.
i'm getting the same, and also dozens and dozens of hits off the POTC rumor as well!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't have a video clip or anything but I just saw the thing for '17 Again' on ET and OMG!!! It looks sooo good, and Zac looks like he really pulls it off soo well!! I can't wait to see this movie!!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpiez (View Post)
I don't have a video clip or anything but I just saw the thing for '17 Again' on ET and OMG!!! It looks sooo good, and Zac looks like he really pulls it off soo well!! I can't wait to see this movie!!
It's in the Mike thread cause it has alot of spoilers for the movie.

Molly.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpiez (View Post)
i posted the video in the Mike thread cause there's spoilers
Old 10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw it on ET before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybabylove123 (View Post)
This is pure AWESOME-NESS!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Reminder that the US Weekly Hot in Hollywood Party is tonight where Zac is being honored.

beautiful creatures
Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

I know jill.........can't wait for some pics........

carries friends were outside the place, and saw them arrive!!!!!!

but anyway........

the POTC thing is very interesting, particularly with regard to the whole "disney is going to own zac" concept.

Quote:
It’s Efron’s existing relationship with Disney via High School Musical that makes this otherwise odd rumor somewhat plausible. At least as plausible as some of the others, one of which we’re to blame for. In fact as part of the deal outlined by the Enquirer, Efron is also being chained to the High School Musical franchise for even longer, with his Pirates contract also serving as a means to force his return as Troy Bolton for High School Musical 4.
idk, i just can't see it. the cast, and more specifically zac, has said numerous times that they won't be back, i guess that could change, but given the fact that the concept of HSM the College Years isn't in the works, how???? Plus the high school part of the franchise has been set up to be carried forward by a new cast,which obviously disney hopes will grab the next generation of little consumers.

i think disney is potentially offering him POTC (we still don't know if this is a done deal), because they'll "settle" for Zac in another capacity if that's what it takes. b/c keeping him within their fold is profitable. Whether because JD said he might not come back, or for just pure monetary reasons, clearly disney had given thought to extending the POTC franchise, much in the same way that they're looking to do it with HSM.

also, given the fact that Disney is only one of a handful of the MAJOR studios left (plus all the seperate studios that fall under their umbrella), it would not serve zac well to burn his relationship with them. so i guess what i'm saying, is that to me, zac signing on to do POTC does not automatically mean he'll be "chained" to HSM. and obviously, if he gets the role, Disney's hold on him won't be any stronger than it has ever been, so no evil lurking there either in my opinion.

Last edited by bettybaby; 10-21-2008 at 09:14 PM
Old 10-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, wow, that whole POTC article is ..weird. Because 1, I can't see Zac doing HSM4 no matter what and 2, I can't picture them considering replacing Johnny Deep with Zac (Not because he can't do it but because I don't think anyone could replace him in the movies and it would work; IE: fans would not enjoy/buy/like it). I don't know, I just don't see it.

Thanks for that articles, Bee!
Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Recaps of the morning shows:

GMA - He came out in a dark blue I think button up and black jeans.

Diane interviews him.

Diane asked about turning 21. And he said it's been kinda been the same. And talked about his Dad and his party. Zac said he and his dad did have a beer together. The showed a clip from the Boys are Back. And talked about when Zac jumped onto Corbin. There schedule was crazy. It was 9-6 dancing and then record at night. But filming was like 15/16 hours straight. Diane asked if Vanessa taught him to waltz. And Zac said she helped ALOT cause she is coordinated and talented. She led him most of the time. (And he is so weird his leg is up, like he's lounging around. ) And they showed a Now or Never clip. Diane was saying that Ash and Vanessa said they were crying and asked how he felt. And Zac said it was very sentimental and it was sad cause it was home for a while. Now talks about defering from USC and how he is learning from acting. And then Diane breaks out the Troy graduation doll. Zac said personally he thinks the hair is off. And Diane said you have one don't you and he says yes and that she should keep that one.

R&K -

Surprise, surpirse. Didn't change from what he wore at GMA.

He just turned 21. Did you feel different? He said his back hurts and his ears are getting hairy. And he asked about how he celebrated. It was intimate gathering and had his best friends at a retaurant. Dreamt of being a pro baseball player but that didn't work out so went to musical theater. Regis said he wasn't the only Zac Efron in the world. And they showed Regis dressed up as Troy last year! He was joking about Regis's wig and said Regis's hair looked better with the wig. And Kelly said that he started a hairstyle trend. He said in HSM 1 Kenny asked if Zac wanted to cut his hair and he was like nahhh. And mentioned Kenny and how great he is. And said that fandom is crazy and you don't get used to it. Mentioned that in the international press tour that the moms are more excited than the kids. And Kelly goes I don't know what you mean? And they go to break.

MAOW talk. He is really excited about it. Regis thought you were going to play Orson, but Zac said he doesn't think he looks like him. And talks about 17 again too. And Zac said he doesn't know if you can sing about the things that happen in college. And he said he hopes he can act with the cast again. Cause the cast is so close and it's great. Showed same clip as GMA. Regis said he's never seen a singing basketball team, maybe the Knicks should try it. And that's it.

Molly.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Betty I completely agree with what you said, especially the part of Disney being only one of six major movie studios. No actor can turn their back on any of the studios. Plus POTC is not a childrens movie and is not a movie that will receive a G rating. Things with that would be completely different.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Zac on Ryan Seacrest

Media Player
Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you so much Molly
I'm trying so hard to stay awake til Aussie TV plays GMA, we don't get R&K though

Oooh, thanks Chay
Old 10-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love Ryan. Let's hear this. Thanks Chay!

Molly.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

no POTC4
Old 10-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

yea chay, according to zac directly, its a rumor

i guess there are no "chains" after all!