Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rachel McAdams is actually a really good choice too.

beautiful creatures
Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaSaysHi (View Post)
I'm not a big fan of Scarlett or Keira either. If Emily Blunt has a convincing American accent, I'd be all for her
I don't know about her accent either but she looks like a good option. Plus, she doesn't seem to have a project for the next few months either. Let's add her to the wishlist.

I have two more tidbits of news - one sort of funny and one with a little bit of info.

The leading article on the homepage of the Isle of Man Today is about a casting agency looking for extras for a movie on the IoM starting next month. It's not Zac's movie but a Burt Reynolds movie but I found it funny that the leading article of the one news portal on the island is on looking for background actors of a low-budget movie. This shows what importance Zac's movie is going to have.

Btw, they also list the agency and they seem to be the "standard" agency the IoM uses for background actors. Meaning, if you want to be an extra in Zac's movie, you could register with them. The chances might not be bad. While the article talks about the Burt Reynolds movie, the headline say "Extras agency wants more people for new films" - so that implies this might be for more than that one movie and we all know the other movie is Zac's.

For people who are interested: the extras casting agency is: The Casting Network

IoM Today has another article which is about the fact that the Young Farmers' Concert can't happen in the Gaiety Theatre this year and has to change location.

This article contains a few interesting tidbits which are actually about Zac's movie:

Quote:
The move comes following the news that the government has agreed to bring production of a big budget Hollywood movie to the Isle of Man.

For six weeks from mid February, the Gaiety Theatre will be hired out for filming a movie about famous director Orson Welles. Subsequently all plays, shows and concerts which were due to be held at the Gaiety during this time, have had to be rescheduled to a later date or moved to an alternative venue.

The Gaiety will earn £75,000 from the film booking and there are hopes the Manx economy will benefit to the tune of £2 million.
I don't really know what I expected but this sounds like the movie budget is higher than I thought. If they spend around US$ 4M on IoM alone - if you add all the cast/crew salaries from the US people, the London and NYC shooting costs, the pre- and post-production, that sounds like the movie budget could be easily $10-20M. I expected it to be a real indy with a really small budget. It's a good surprise though.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Wow that's a lot of info, thanks

So it seems to be a big movie, between this costs, what do you think is Zac's salary?

I'm really happy for him, for me it seems like a good proyect in his carreer, something that can bring him some new good recognition

but let's pretend is love ...
Old 01-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

i can't say it enough, i'm really excited about this role for him. i definitely want to get the book, it sounds like a really interesting story. i admire Orson wells a lot, and to get a look back on his early career i think will be really interesting!
Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

Tell me about it Betty, I want to read the book too, I usually read the books turn into movies, before they get released, but I have been looking online for it, and in my country libraries they don't have it, at least not by Kaplow's

Do you know if there's another version with other author? I only found it by ANDRE BAZIN

Old 01-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaSaysHi (View Post)
Rachel McAdams is actually a really good choice too.
I thought about her too but unfortunately she just started filming State of Play so she isn't an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie♥Z&V (View Post)
So it seems to be a big movie, between this costs, what do you think is Zac's salary?
IoM Today might call it a big budget Hollywood movie (and for IoM it is) and it seems to be decent budgeted for an indy but it's still an independent movie and not a studio project like Seventeen or HSM3. It's really hard to say at this point because there are so many pieces of the puzzle still missing.

It basically comes down to the question, did Zac do this project primarily for the acting cred (often actors do low budget movies and work for a small percentage of their normal asking price only to be part of a high-profile but low grossing project) OR did the producers seek Zac to headline this movie (often financing of an independent movie is associated with conditions, most of the time casting of a "name" to improve box office chances).

His HSM3 salary is untypical at this stage of his career and can't be used as a measure at the moment (even Zac could only ask for that much money because it's a really profitable sequel and they need him). Supposedly he got $1M for Seventeen but that's for a decent budgeted studio release and Me and Orson Welles is still an indy.

My personal guess is anywhere between $50k and $500k. But that's just a personal guess based on very little information. Once IMDb finally adds the project, we should see if there is already a distributor attached - in that case his salary is probably higher than if there isn't. Also, the name of the female co-star we've been talking about should give more indication about the budget and with that his salary. But we'll probably never know unless a number leaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettybaby (View Post)
i can't say it enough, i'm really excited about this role for him. i definitely want to get the book, it sounds like a really interesting story. i admire Orson wells a lot, and to get a look back on his early career i think will be really interesting!
You're not alone in this. I do think however that the casting of the female lead is crucial. If they can get a high-profile actress, it elevates the entire movie. So, I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for a great casting to work out.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Thanks a lot for the answer!!! You seem to know a lot of this business
And I hope too that they cast a good actress for the leading role, for the sake of the movie, and for Zac to be able to act along them!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Please add me I'm really looking forward to Zac branching out in different directions in this film.

icon credit: miss-rebel86
Old 01-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

I definately agree that casting the leading lady is super important. Would have loved the idea of Rachel McAdams.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Passionate Fan

Me and Orson Welles has its own IMDB page now...so hopefully get some more news from that.
Me and Orson Welles (2009)
Old 01-26-2008, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

Add me please! So excited or this film
Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash515 (View Post)
Me and Orson Welles has its own IMDB page now...so hopefully get some more news from that.
Me and Orson Welles (2009)
Thanks, Ashley. All the news/updates always come out when I'm asleep - damn time zones.

I've updated the opening post and also added everyone.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

lizzie,

the book is written by Robert Kaplow, so i'm not quite sure what you're looking at by that other author

have you tried amazon.com?????? that's where i plan to get mine if the library doesn't have it!

Amazon.com: Me and Orson Welles: Books: Robert Kaplow

and jeezbee, thanks for all your info, sorry i don't know your name! i agree with you about the salary speculation!

and i just can't wait for this. btw does anyone know if there has been any talk about a release date?????
Old 01-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettybaby (View Post)
and jeezbee, thanks for all your info, sorry i don't know your name! i agree with you about the salary speculation!
I go by Bee, Betty.

The other casting agency on the Isle of Man, Ex Isle, has published a extras casting call for Zac's movie:
Quote:
We are filming in March a period film set in 1937 to be filmed in the Gaiety Theatre on the 3rd 4th and the 9th March. We are looking for Males & Females aged between 20-70 to be part of the theatre audience, you can do the 3rd & 4th the 9th or all 3 days.
  • Ladies to be no bigger than dress size 16 & to have available black, navy or grey knee length skirt & dark court shoes. Hair to be bob or shoulder length
  • Men to be no bigger than chest 44" & to have available black trousers ,black shirt & light shirt.
  • Hair to be no shorter than short back & sides.
  • Payment £80 per 12 hrs overtime £10 hr thereafter
  • If costume fitted £15 Haircut £15
There is more info about how to behave and sign up as an extra on the website linked above.

To me this looks like they will have 3 filming days where a play happens in front of a full audience. 9 March is a Sunday... it almost looks like they are also shooting on the weekend(s). Not that it never happens but it's rather unusual (if only for the higher salary they have to pay everyone).
Old 01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
lizzie,

the book is written by Robert Kaplow, so i'm not quite sure what you're looking at by that other author

have you tried amazon.com?????? that's where i plan to get mine if the library doesn't have it!

Amazon.com: Me and Orson Welles: Books: Robert Kaplow
Thanks Betty I will try to find it in another place, because I haven't permission to buy online, but maybe after this thing with the movie, they'll bring the book here , they usually do it with all tha movies based on books.

And thanks Bee for all the information