Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

It would be amazing if Anne is in the movie too, she's a really good actress.

And Zac's character fall in love with three girls...

but let's pretend is love ...
Old 01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Banned

What a great role for Zaccy!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie♥Z&V (View Post)
It would be amazing if Anne is in the movie too, she's a really good actress.
As was discussed the other day in the news thread it's unlikely that Anne will be able to do the project. She signed up officially to a different project after she got initially attached to "Me and Orson Welles" and I just found another source that this project ("Bride Wars") starts filming in February in Boston. I can't see how her schedule can work out with both projects unless "Bride Wars" gets pushed another month or two. That's the reason imo why she's not mentioned in the HR announcement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie♥Z&V (View Post)
And Zac's character fall in love with three girls...
I guess we're going to have a lot of new shipper threads after this movie on the board then.

ETA: Thanks to the mod who fixed my thread title and capitalized the 'b' – I wanted to ask yesterday when I saw it but forgot after all.

Last edited by jeezbee; 01-22-2008 at 05:00 PM
Old 01-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned

Awww...damn! too bad Anne cant do it!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anne is a great period actor too. I wonder who else is up for one of the roles that could pull off a period film.

beautiful creatures
Old 01-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaSaysHi (View Post)
Anne is a great period actor too. I wonder who else is up for one of the roles that could pull off a period film.
I've been twisting my mind for an alternative casting in the last few days. I'm not a big fan of Anne but I would have been happy with the casting because she meets "my" criteria/requirements.

McKay seems great but has zero name, Zac has a huge popularity but little dramatic acting cred, so it would be really important that they cast somebody in the female lead role who has a very good acting reputation as a feature film actress and at the same time a decent name awareness. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with any actress in her 20ies who fits these criteria and is not already filming something else at the moment.

My dream casting would have been Natalie Portman. She certainly would have brought the credibility and as well as the name recognition. Plus, I could have seen Zac's character as well as Welles being attracted to her on a physical level. Oh well, not that she was an option but she's filming Brothers at the moment anyway.

All the other actresses I can think of (and I even did an advanced search on IMDb) are either too old or not accomplished enough for this project (well in my opinion) or are already doing other projects in that timeframe.

Last edited by jeezbee; 01-22-2008 at 07:21 PM
Old 01-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks jeezbee for all the news !

It's good to see that things are slowly setting up, and I'm still curious and excited about this movie. Zac's role seems really interesting, and I guess he'll have a great time to work on this character.

About the actress who could be casted instead of Anne, I haven't think about it yet, but Natalie Portman would have been a really good choice. She's such a good actress, with credibility, as you said. So bad that she's not available (ok it sounds weird to use this word for a human being, huh ?!? My english vocabulary sucks sometimes, I'm sorry lol)
Anyway, I'm gonna try to search for some names too, it could be interesting =)
Wicked is my religion
- The Regent is my church -
Old 01-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

you girls dont waste anytime, do ya

of course im gonna ask to be addeddd
Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezbee (View Post)
ETA: Thanks to the mod who fixed my thread title and capitalized the 'b' – I wanted to ask yesterday when I saw it but forgot after all.
No problem. It was the neat freak in me
Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *°*Peryne*°* (View Post)
About the actress who could be casted instead of Anne, I haven't think about it yet, but Natalie Portman would have been a really good choice. She's such a good actress, with credibility, as you said. So bad that she's not available (ok it sounds weird to use this word for a human being, huh ?!? My english vocabulary sucks sometimes, I'm sorry lol)
Anyway, I'm gonna try to search for some names too, it could be interesting =)
I know I have the same problem with vocabulary (and grammar) all the time. It's frustrating if you can't express yourself the way you want to. However, the use of availability in that context is perfectly fine.

I'm looking forward to what you come up with as alternative to Anne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Nessa (View Post)
No problem. It was the neat freak in me
Me too, in case you couldn't tell yet. I even correct typos in my posts weeks later if I see them.

Another random tidbit...

Kat Chandler, who is a filmmaker and teacher at the Austin Film Society (which Richard Linklater co-founded), commented on the project in her blog:
Quote:
Rick Linklater's new film, Me and Orson Welles stars Zac Efron.

[...]

Hence all the buzz of Rick being overseas with some new, secret project. Here's the Hollywood Reporter article. Man, I'm curious.
It seems that the project has been secret and has buzz. That sounds very intriguing if the other filmmakers are curious. She makes it seem like a fairly big deal.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

found another synopsis of the book, man i am totally psyched for zac in this role. it really sounds incredible, sounds like he might have a lot of kissing scenes

Quote:
From Publishers Weekly
"This is the story of one week in my life. I was seventeen. It was the week I slept in Orson Welles's pajamas. It was the week I fell in love. It was the week I fell out of love." Thus does the precocious protagonist of Kaplow's first adult novel summarize his adventures as a bit-part player in the landmark 1937 Mercury Theater production of Julius Caesar that helped catapult the 22-year-old Welles to the top of the entertainment world. Kaplow wastes no time setting up his unlikely scenario; after an impromptu sidewalk audition, Richard Samuels, a New Jersey high school student, lands the part of Lucius, a minor character. The conceit forms a nice counterpoint to the coming-of-age material, as Kaplow alternates scenes about Samuels's high school and home life with a series of rehearsal passages that bring the brilliant but mercurial Welles to life. Samuels falls in love more than once: first with fellow high school actress Caroline, then with a lovely, flighty production assistant named Sonja who is also involved with Welles, and finally with Gretta, an aspiring writer. The climax features a colorful showdown between Samuels and Welles after the boy confronts the married Welles about his affair with Sonja. Kaplow doesn't quite capture the dark side of the enigmatic Welles, but his bright, enthusiastic writing about Samuels's introduction to the world of high-stakes theater makes this an entertaining offering.
Copyright 2003 Reed Business Information, Inc. --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.
i seriously need to read this book!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, so just throwing an actress out there for the period - maybe someone like Alexis Bledel or even Arielle Kebbel. I'm not sure about both of their ranges because I haven't seen either of them outside of their big breaks - Alexis for Gilmore and Sisterhood and Arielle for JMTD and Gilmore as well. but they both could pull off a period look.

beautiful creatures
Old 01-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendaSaysHi (View Post)
Okay, so just throwing an actress out there for the period - maybe someone like Alexis Bledel or even Arielle Kebbel. I'm not sure about both of their ranges because I haven't seen either of them outside of their big breaks - Alexis for Gilmore and Sisterhood and Arielle for JMTD and Gilmore as well. but they both could pull off a period look.
I don't want to sound bitchy and arrogant but both are nowhere near (as in really, really far away) the acting reputation I want in a co-star for him. Plus, they (esp Alexis) are too much of TV actresses1 and not movie stars.

I actually like Alexis but I can't see her playing the woman both man fall in love with (esp considering that Welles was a big womanizer) and fight over. I don't know the exactly the role for that character aside from what's in the summary but I can't see Alexis pulling that off. Her acting skill are nowhere near what I would want.

I don't know Arielle well but Aquamarine and The Grudge 2 is not the pedigree I'm looking for either.

Plus, both have projects lined up for this spring as well.

I've also kept thinking about the casting and there are two actresses which I would be happy with (although I'm not really a big fan of either): Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson. Both have actually finished their recent projects, are award-winning and well known. Does anybody know how Keira's American accent is? I know they are big names but sometimes big names do small projects...

1 From an etablished book about film making:
Quote:
TV Actor vs. Movie Actor
Let's play the name game. There is a big difference between a TV actor and a movie actor, and it has nothing to do with their abilities. It is about their name marketability. Ninety-nine percent of all actors who achieve fame and fortune do it via primetime episodic TV. The double-edged sword, however, is that after the actor is on TV every Tuesday night for five years, the viewers think of that actor as free and they balk at paying $10 to see this "free" actor in a movie.
It is very hard for a TV actor to become a famous movie actor. All TV actors try it, but four out of five fail and come back to TV three years later. But one out of five succeed and launch successful movie careers. I know you're thinking of names of this actor and that actor–but the bottom line is, once an actor becomes famous by starring in a weekly primetime TV series, it is extremely hard to get a movie audience to pay to see him/her. Why pay when you can see them every night for free?
That book was published a few years ago and the separation between TV and movie actor might have become less strict but it's still a true fact imo.

Last edited by jeezbee; 01-24-2008 at 07:12 PM
Old 01-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not a big fan of Scarlett or Keira either. If Emily Blunt has a convincing American accent, I'd be all for her

beautiful creatures
Old 01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Emily Blunt is great. She was excellent in the Devils wears Prada, I like Rachel McAdams too, no offense if someone differ with me

but let's pretend is love ...