Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Happy B-Day to Scott!!!

Thanks for all the great pics, he's looking too good for words.

How great would it be if we all met him together . It would be so much fun to hang out with Speedy's finest!
Old 09-03-2009, 03:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

nice pics!!!!!!!! thanks

Scott on TDotTV twitter

TDotTV (TDotTV) on Twitter

Last edited by scottyfans; 09-03-2009 at 03:47 AM Reason: quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi All.. I am a Taylor fan , but I just found out that Scott will be at the Big Apple CC. I will try an get pics for you all.!!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:19 AM
New Fan

Any news if Scott Speedman will attend the Toronto International Film Festival this September 2009?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlyer (View Post)
Hi All.. I am a Taylor fan , but I just found out that Scott will be at the Big Apple CC. I will try an get pics for you all.!!!!
That would be great, thank you for the offer!

As for Scott and the TIFF, obviously he has no film there this year (sniff!), but if he's not required to be on set in Montreal, I wouldn't be surprised if he attended a couple of parties and/or screenings. We'll have to wait and see! Hopefully, next year he'll be there for "Barney's Version".

For lack of any news, here are a couple of those set photos, covered with watermarks, but a little bigger anyway...

Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I think I'm the only one left here.

Still, I've got to give Speedy a *bump* as I've read about a new project for him. Another comedy ... Yay!

Quote:
Baruchel re-teams with Tierneys
by: Denis Seguin Sep 11, 2009

Jay Baruchel is teaming up with Jacob and Kevin Tierney once again. The Canadian comic actor -- who stars in the father-and-son duo's TIFF title The Trotsky -- is attached to star in Jacob Tierney's next film, Notre Dame de Grace. The elder Tierney will produce through Montreal's Park Ex Pictures (Bon Cop, Bad Cop).

"It's a comedy rich in wit and on the nicest side of scary," Kevin Tierney told Playback Daily.

Baruchel (Knocked Up, Tropic Thunder) will be joined onscreen by Anne-Marie Cadieux, Emily Hampshire, Scott Speedman and Geneviève Bujold. Production is set for the first months of 2010 in Montreal. Telefilm Canada is behind the picture and Alliance Films will distribute in Canada. Park Ex will handle world sales.

The younger Tierney adapted the novel Chère voisine (Dear Neighbour) by Chrystine Brouillet. The story is set during a Montreal winter when a serial killer is on the loose in the neighborhood of Notre Dame de Grace, or "NDG." The plot revolves around three tenants in an apartment block who share a peculiar triangle of intrigue and romance, all watched over by a landlady who hears voices.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm still here...and happy to hear about another project.

Just got back from the "Scottless" TIFF. Had a great time. Hopefully "Barney's Version" will be in the program next year.

Looking forward to seeing him at the Big Apple Comic Con.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Latsm, I'm happy to know that I'm not all alone on this thread!

I did a little bit of "googling" about his new project and read an interview with Emily Hampshire, one of his costars. Here's what she had to say about the movie...

Quote:
Is The Trotsky an example of something that you’d consider a dream project?

Yes. The Trotsky and the next movie that we’re doing in Montreal Notre-Dame-de-Grace, that is a dream project for me.

How so?

The whole package is there, I think the script is brilliant. I think Jay [Baruchel] and Scott Speedman are perfect for these parts. Jacob [Tierney] and I are like twins separated at birth and the part he wrote for me–much like The Trotsky–is a side of me that Jacob knows, but that no one else who’s seen any of my other work would ever give me.
I love that he's doing a comedy next and I love the unorthodox choices he makes. My kind of actor!

And a bit of Speedy trivia... many years ago, he had a (cringeworthy) role as a "bad guy" in a cheesy made-for-tv movie on Lifetime called "Every 9 Seconds". He played an abusive boyfriend and his girlfriend was portrayed by... Emily Hampshire!

Latsm, I'm glad you enjoyed the TIFF! What films did you get to see? By any chance, did you get to see Keri Russell who was there for "Leaves of Grass"?

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but according to his link, Scott's appearance at the Big Apple Comic Con has been canceled.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

thanks for all the news guys. I miss my speedy.
Old 09-20-2009, 03:31 AM
New Fan

Oh no... It's so sad to hear that news that Scott will not be appearing at the Comic Con... Hope he will be rescheduled soon. Thanks mjw11 for all your news.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well needless to say I'm disappointed that Scott's appearance was canceled but thank you mjw11 for letting me know because I was just about to order the admission tickets to Comic Con. They of course haven't notified me yet, so thanks for the heads up.

I saw 5 movies at the TIFF. "The private lives of Pippa Lee" (Keanu Reeves, Robin Wright Penn and Rebecca Miller attended the screening), "Chloe" (Julianne Moore, Atom Egoyan, and Amanda Seyfried attended), "My son, my son, what have ye done" (the Director, Werner Herzog attended). I saw "The Informant" at a regular screening and I did see "Leaves of Grass" at a regular screening. Couldn't get tickets to the screening that Keri attended. I really liked all of the films but I would have to say my least favorite was "My son, my son, what have ye done". I can't really pick a favorite though, they were all equally good. Terrific performances all around. Keri's part is very small but she was wonderful as usual. It's such a fun event to attend and Toronto is just a great city.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:30 AM
Total Fan

WOW, all the new pics are He's so handsome!! Thanks for posting and thanks for the news about him guys.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latsm (View Post)
Well needless to say I'm disappointed that Scott's appearance was canceled but thank you mjw11 for letting me know because I was just about to order the admission tickets to Comic Con. They of course haven't notified me yet, so thanks for the heads up.

I saw 5 movies at the TIFF. "The private lives of Pippa Lee" (Keanu Reeves, Robin Wright Penn and Rebecca Miller attended the screening), "Chloe" (Julianne Moore, Atom Egoyan, and Amanda Seyfried attended), "My son, my son, what have ye done" (the Director, Werner Herzog attended). I saw "The Informant" at a regular screening and I did see "Leaves of Grass" at a regular screening. Couldn't get tickets to the screening that Keri attended. I really liked all of the films but I would have to say my least favorite was "My son, my son, what have ye done". I can't really pick a favorite though, they were all equally good. Terrific performances all around. Keri's part is very small but she was wonderful as usual. It's such a fun event to attend and Toronto is just a great city.
was the private lives of pippa lee any good?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu (View Post)
was the private lives of pippa lee any good?
Hi Shu, yes it was very good. There's a real story there.The entire was great, but its Robin Wright Penn's movie. I see it will be in limited release in Nov. Hopefully it will get a wider release at some point, although, its not a "typical Hollywood" film so I'm not sure.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the pics!

Scott maybe attends to the 20th Anniversary Gala Celebration and Open House at the New Carver Apartments tonight.

Here the info
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top