Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Ditto on the thank you, one of my fav. Scott pictures .

Okay so I'm still really sad about yesterdays episode of The Unit(so much so that I cried during every scene that had Hector and Gray in it on my second viewing). I did make a few Scott caps though.

The episode was great (well maybe minus the Tiffy storyline).
Spoiler:

Also found this blog entry about the episodes here The Unit: Casualties of war - NJ.com: All TV with a really nice Scott mention
Quote:
That said, until the Army truck conveniently pulled up at the exact moment (and location) the Unit members charged out of the building, I thought "5 Brothers" was a very effective thriller episode, particularly during the scenes in the apartment where Brown had to keep control of the family who had the poor fortune to have their home turned into a hide-out/field hospital for the Unit. I thought the episode struck a good balance between showing Bob trying his best not to hurt these innocent civilians and not allowing them to do anything that might hurt him or his guys, and the fact that he had to kill the English-speaking son was a place a lot of other shows wouldn't have been willing to go. "The Unit" gets dismissed a lot as a meat-and-potatoes action show, but there's a moral ambiguity to a lot of it that you rarely see on network TV.

And as I said the last time I blogged about the show, Scott Foley continues to do surprising, interesting work as Brown; Bob's a quieter, less flashy character than either Jonas or Mac, and some actors would struggle to play an action hero whose defining characteristic is his ability to think, but Foley pulls it off. (He also tends to shine the most in the more overtly Mamet-y episodes; I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a regular in Mamet's movies once the show ends.)
Old 11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

He looks good. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Elite Fan

Very late to the party, but I might start watching The Unit next week. Too bad the strike will probably make this a very short season.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Well I hope you enjoy the show. Yeah, I saw a picture of The Unit writters striking and the caption said the show was still in production so I'm thinking it still has 2 or 3 new episodes before it goes into repeats.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138 (View Post)
Well I hope you enjoy the show. Yeah, I saw a picture of The Unit writters striking and the caption said the show was still in production so I'm thinking it still has 2 or 3 new episodes before it goes into repeats.
Thank you! And yes, I hope so, too.

This strike could really be bad for everyone. Wow.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Hopefully it will be resolved.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melis (View Post)
Hopefully it will be resolved.
I really hope so. Christmas is close, I'd hate for those workers to be jobless. Some of them already are.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Total Fan

Those caps are great! Thanks for posting.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

I just read something that said that the strike could last up to a year . I would entirely stop watching network TV if they start airing reality shows. Cable reality shows are pretty good (Survivorman, Myth Busters, Dirty Jobs, Dog Whisperer, First 48, Flip this House) but network reality shows are brutal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcountry (View Post)
Those caps are great! Thanks for posting.
Glad you liked them .
Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Ugh about the strike.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ugh about the strike.
I know. All the shows just started getting really good too.

BTW, I taped The Unit and will watch tomorrow. I can't wait!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Yay!

Oh I read that Scott is going to show up in the Scrubs final season. That would be cool, but do we know if his scene/ep was filmed before the strike? I also wonder how he had time for it when he is busy with The Unit.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Cool, I've read several Bill Lawrence interviews that he's said he wanted Scott to be on the show again. I'm not sure if the strike will affect it, I read that their filming the 12th episode without WGA members and that's the last one unless the strike ends in the near future. It'll be sad if Scrubs goes off the air without a real finale.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Yay!

Oh I read that Scott is going to show up in the Scrubs final season. That would be cool, but do we know if his scene/ep was filmed before the strike? I also wonder how he had time for it when he is busy with The Unit.
That is so great news!!! It would be awsome if Keri was there too...

Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Just posting a few caps from last night's episode. It's the last new episode of this year .

I'll post more caps over the weekend.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top