Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2003, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

I hope the last one is true cause it wouldn't be a Mummy sequel without her! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Daf I love your av! Can I steal it? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

E
N
D

OF

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

For

M
U
M
M
Y

Movies

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~:

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE MUMMY:

Glad you agree [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] In watching it for the upteenth time, I really feel bad for Imhotep in the end. I mean, yea he was a total ass (times ten) but when he saw the kind of love that Evelyn and Rick had, the look he gave them was one of kind of...understanding and awe (the way I saw it) that they have that kind of love, whereas the woman that he RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD wouldn't risk her life to save him. Sad, sad stuff.

I never thought of it, but now that you've pointed it out, you are so right! The look that he gave them was of understanding and also of pity...I think that he wished that his lady love had done for him what Evelyn did for Rick. He must have wished that she had done the same for him. So true, he brought her back to life, but she didn't anything for him in the end. That is sooo sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

E
N
D

O
F

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

for Mummy movies
Old 11-01-2003, 08:17 AM
Total Fan

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~:
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE MUMMY:

Glad you agree [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] In watching it for the upteenth time, I really feel bad for Imhotep in the end. I mean, yea he was a total ass (times ten) but when he saw the kind of love that Evelyn and Rick had, the look he gave them was one of kind of...understanding and awe (the way I saw it) that they have that kind of love, whereas the woman that he RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD wouldn't risk her life to save him. Sad, sad stuff.
That was one of my favourite scenes in the movie. It's so full of emotion... And you can't help but feel sorry for Imhotep. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

E
N
D

O
F

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

It would be great if the made a 3rd Mummy movie, although I think it would be hard to come up with an interesting and beliavable plot.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Love that wallpaper!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I loved that. How she ran through the falling boulders and stuff.

When she got killed, I was like, holy frick! Did she just die!

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 11-02-2003, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I was the same. She died and I was like "wha...? wtf?" Then I realised they wouldn't kill Evie off cos she's a main character. I knew Alex would use the Book of The Dead. It became some obvious to me...after the state of shock wore off [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx

[ 11-02-2003: Message edited Cici-inator ]
Old 11-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tery:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
That was one of my favourite scenes in the movie. It's so full of emotion... And you can't help but feel sorry for Imhotep. [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
Mine too. And how Rick knew EXACTLY what Evie was going to do, and begged her not to, and then when Imhotep saw the kind of sacrifice Evie made for Rick, he was kinda like "yea me too!" And I never thought I COULD feel sorry for Imhotep. He did well with that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

As for a third one - it'd be interesting if they had Anack-su-namun (however the frick you spell it) come back from the dead. Because I think that Imhotep kinda let go. I mean his only *real* reason for coming back was because of this great love of his life.

When I was watching the movie with my best friend Tori, and The chick (I'm not going to spell her name again lol) stabbed her, Tori goes "IF SHE DIES I AM TURNING THIS OFF!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I had to convince her they'd fix it. But the first time I saw it, I totally cried and I was all "the who what now?!" But then I remembered that faith is always a good thing to have [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I also find it interesting that y'know - all these Egyptian mummies were sent to 'the underworld' or wherever they were...but Evelyn went to Heaven ("Would you like to know what Heaven looks like?") Hmmm...
End

Of

Spoilers

Also, on another note - has anyone seen Confidence? Seriously could be one of Rachel's best. And Edward burns is a HOOOTTIIIEEE! I've been capping it, and opened my fanlisting for Rach's character, Lily - today.

*Daf

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 11-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, I'm a nig fan of Rachel. I think she's a BLT sandwich: Brains, Looks, Talent.

You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul. -Julie Jeanne Eleonore de Lespinasse
Old 11-06-2003, 06:25 AM
Total Fan

~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~ I'm afraid I haven't seen that movie... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Is it cinemas now or have you seen it on VHS/DVD?

Summer Belle Great pictures! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2003, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Confidence?? [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] Run, don't walk to your rental store [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It like, just came out on DVD and Video. I bought it the day after I rented it [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It kicks so much ass I don't even know where to begin.

*Daf

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 11-07-2003, 07:54 AM
Total Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Okay, I'll look it up in the video store this weekend. I was planning on renting a movie anyway. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

I saw these pics and thought wow! I really like these two:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I was really shocked when I saw that she got stabbed! I think I cried! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I don't know if I thought that she would be resurrected, I think my shock overtook any other thoughts! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

E
N
D

O
F

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Daf

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I think that when he saw Anunck-Su (or however you spell it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) leave it was the worse possible thing that could happen to him. he was probably heartbroken beyond belief at that point in time that he couldn't think it was worth living anymore since his main motivation it seems for coming back was for her.

Glad you managed to convience your friend to watch the whole film! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

That is a good point! She went to heaven rather then the underworld...that may have been a mistake of the film, or Evelyn went to heaven because she may believe in God and is a Christian (I don't know they never addressed this) in this life time, but in the last life she was an Egyptian who believed in the underworld... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

E
N
D

O
F

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I havne't seen "Confidence" but I take it it's good? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks for the pics Summer_Belle! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-12-2003: Message edited Elizabeth Turner ]
Old 11-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

I finally saw Confidence!

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Old 11-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Rachel was AMAZING in Confidence. She totally ran the show. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Daphne, I love your avatar..where'd you get those pics?

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 11-20-2003, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

I haven't seen it yet [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] but it's good I take it? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2003, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

I have to admit to only seeing Rachel in the two Mummy movies. But that made me an instant fan. I really need to broaden the spectrum of her work that I've seen though. And soon. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 11-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Hi I'm Shaz.

I'm a big Rachel fan since the Mummy movies, and then Beautiful Creatures, Enemy at the Gates and Confidence [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I think she's one of the best looking actresses in Hollywood right now..

I'm also hanging out to see her new movie.. Stupid Australian release dates!

shaz

Edited to add:
Picture of Rachel with blonde hair from Beautiful Creatures which I adore [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

And provided it works, a nice b&w one

If they don't work try properties, copy/paste [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 11-21-2003: Message edited shazaam ]