Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Passionate Fan

I love her in the Mummy movies. She makes being a librarian beautiful and makes being smart fun.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 10-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~:

Leeann!!! I haven't talked to you since Pre-Nic board days!!! how the heck are ya?!
I'm doin' good Daf. And you? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Stop by the Nic board...we're missing ya! Well, I know I am. Need your quirkiness mixed with my vulgarity and kinkiness [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oh and incase you're wondering who helluvagellar is on your "Friend of" list at your LJ it's me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx
Old 10-22-2003, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Hee I'm great [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Just hunting for a car so I can move [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Oohh I will stop by [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I dropped by a Nic wp on the art thread over there [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I'll drop in with quirkiness i promise [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

ah hah [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks for letting me know [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*Daf

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 10-23-2003, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

Maria- Thanks for not giving it away then! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Daf If you are a Rachel fan I hightly recommend "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns"! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] that commentary sounds funny! I'll have to rent that film, I didn't see it in theatres! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Does she know that he was being sacrastic? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Thanks for that pic! It's lovely! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Hee I rented them last night [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Here is the actual quote:
Rachel: Some people from press asked why we shot this scene through a screen.
Edward: Thats because we used two body doubles in this scene (Rachel laughs a bit). That's actually two Calvin Klein models...(Rachel Laughs) Doing that... We both have clauses in our contracts that call for no nudity.
Rachel: I think its kind of like... its quite sort of seventies.
Edward: I kind of like it, I mean the..you know as much as Jamie didn't want the film to have...
Rachel: (cutting him off) Are they really body doubles? No we did that.
Edward: No we did that (laughs)
Rachel: (laughing) Oh my God. I thought...I could have SWORN i remembered doing that!
(both laugh)

Ahhh their chemistry is soooooo cute/funny in the commentary [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

*Daf

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Team Addison]
Old 10-24-2003, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thanks for typing that out, that's great! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I take it they were kidding and that they actually shot that scene? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

Is there a chance of a Mummy 3 in the works?

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 10-24-2003, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

God only knows. At one point Rachel was adamant there would be no Mummy 3, reckoning she'd developed Evelyn as far as she could take it. I agree. I don't think I'd want another movie but wouldn't say no to seeing it. And then the next minute there is talk about it and Rach having changed her mind [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

xx
Old 10-25-2003, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

**this contains spoilers from the Mummy movies...**

its nearly 3 am and I just finished watching the second movie. Holy shiiiiiznit that kicked ass. I absolutely loved that they went *back* into ancient times to explain more of the story. I love the theory that you live in many different time periods... and having Evelyn be Nefertiti? Holy crap I screamed (yea I have been a huge ancient Egypt fan for quite a while) .

Its so interesting how they went about it. I mean in the first Mummy movie - you kind of feel bad for the two at the beginning - being torn apart, etc...but by the end you absolutely hate them...so having them actually turn out the be bad people (having killed her father...etc) was an awesome twist.

I think it'd be cool for a/the third one to have more on that - and have Rick be there in the ancient times as well (which he obviously was) oohh I hope they do another one!

Okay. time for bed.

*Daf

[Team Addison]
Old 10-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

I was browsing through one of the British newspapers this morning to come across an internet poll at http://www.tiscali.co.ukTiscali.co.uk (an internet provider) of the sexiest male and female British stars. Rachel didn't top the poll but she got a very worthy third place. Keira Knightly was no.1 and Colin Firth was no.1 on the males. My personal faves have a star beside them [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The lists:

Female
1. Keira Knightly*
2. Kate Winslet (ew, no! Rachel's WAY nicer)
3. Rachel Weisz
4. Liz Hurley
5. Kate Beckinsale
6. Kristin Scott Thomas
7. Joely Richardson
8. Parminder Nagra
9. Alex Kingston
10. Helena Bohnam Carter

Males
1. Colin Firth
2. Orlando Bloom*
3. Alan Rickman
4. Sean Connery
5. Sean Bean
6. Hugh Grant
7. Colin Farrell* (I thought he woulda been higher cos he IS hot [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] )
8. Liam Neeson
9. Robert Carlyle
10. Ewan McGregor

xx

[ 10-25-2003: Message edited Cici-inator ]
Old 10-25-2003, 11:58 PM
Master Fan

Woo hoo! Go Rachel [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

This came out of my boredom...

1024 x 768
800 x 600

Hope you guys like it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*Daf

[Team Addison]
Old 10-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Master Fan

where did everyone go??

*starts singing* Alll byyy myyy seeellllf Don't wanna be alll byyy myyyy sellllf

*Daf

[Team Addison]
Old 10-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was going to post after visiting another thread! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lovely wallpaper! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Very [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

For

M
U
M
M
Y

Movies

I love the Mummy movies! When I saw the first one I was like "oh wicked!!" And I couldn't wait for the second one, which is also really [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]!

Quote:
**this contains spoilers from the Mummy movies...**

its nearly 3 am and I just finished watching the second movie. Holy shiiiiiznit that kicked ass. I absolutely loved that they went *back* into ancient times to explain more of the story. I love the theory that you live in many different time periods... and having Evelyn be Nefertiti? Holy crap I screamed (yea I have been a huge ancient Egypt fan for quite a while) .
Didn't it? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I love that to! I love how they used the idea of past lives to explain the future! It was neat to see Evelyn be Nefertiti and her strong connection to Rick, it was meant to be! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I love those two as a couple! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Quote:

Its so interesting how they went about it. I mean in the first Mummy movie - you kind of feel bad for the two at the beginning - being torn apart, etc...but by the end you absolutely hate them...so having them actually turn out the be bad people (having killed her father...etc) was an awesome twist.

I think it'd be cool for a/the third one to have more on that - and have Rick be there in the ancient times as well (which he obviously was) oohh I hope they do another one!

Okay. time for bed.

*Daf
I never thought of that! At first you do sort of feel bad for them, but then when you see what kind of people they are and it provides a twist! I found it kinda to much that she left him like that at the end, hanging for his life- I thought there love was stronger then that. He seemed to do anything for her, but not vice-versa I guess. I felt sorry for him then. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I would LOVE to see another movie! ITA have Rick be there in Ancient times as he appears to have been- that would be to [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

E
N
D

OF

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

For

M
U
M
M
Y

Movies

Leanne- Thanks for the poll! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Where did you hear that Rachel would come back for a third/fourth one? What I read was that she didn't have anything more to add... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 10-27-2003: Message edited Elizabeth Turner ]
Old 10-28-2003, 03:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks glad you like it!

I just bought the two disk set for The Mummy movies at best buy. My friend was all 'oh god. You obsesser' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE MUMMY:

Glad you agree [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] In watching it for the upteenth time, I really feel bad for Imhotep in the end. I mean, yea he was a total ass (times ten) but when he saw the kind of love that Evelyn and Rick had, the look he gave them was one of kind of...understanding and awe (the way I saw it) that they have that kind of love, whereas the woman that he RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD wouldn't risk her life to save him. Sad, sad stuff.

I want another one. Now. Rachel has gone on and off saying she does/doesn't want to do another one...I hope they are just working on a *really* good script [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

*Daf

[Team Addison]
Old 10-28-2003, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth Turner:
Leanne- Thanks for the poll! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Where did you hear that Rachel would come back for a third/fourth one? What I read was that she didn't have anything more to add... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
I read it in an issue of Total Film a while back. Here are the two contrasting comments made by Rachel:

Rachel against a third Mummy movie from IMDb.com

Stunning actress Rachel Weisz has refused point blank to ever return to The Mummy movies. Despite the fact that The Mummy Returns is currently making pots of money, Weisz says she's got nothing left to offer in the role. She says, "I wouldn't even do another film for $200 million. I don't do this for money, and I'm not for sale. I've played the character, and I have nothing left to add to her. Two Mummy movies is enough. I did it because I thought it was a fantastic role for a woman, and it reminded me of Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Romancing The Stone."

Rachel (indicating) she is for another Mummy movie in Total Film

Celeb clap-trap
They said it...
"If there is one, I hope they ask me. It would kind of weird not to."
Rachel Weisz warms up to the idea of a third Mummy adventure. Or possibly another big pay cheque

Two totally contradicting statements. Which statement do you believe? [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img]

xx

[ 10-28-2003: Message edited Cici-inator ]