Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Claire and Hugh at the Met Gala
jane smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Met Gala After-Party

Claire Danes attends the "Fed Up" premiere at Museum of Modern Art on May 6, 2014 in New York City

Narciso Rodriguez Bottletop launch in NYC

Ivanka Trump, Carolina Herrera, Donna Karan and Actress Claire Danes attend the Born Free Africa Mother's Day Family Carnival at Hudson River Park Pier 45 on May 11, 2014 in New York City

Old 05-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Since I'm home sick today I figured I'd share some older Claire goodies.

In the early 2000's Claire was signed on to do a film called Flora Plum. It was supposed to be set in a circus in the 1930's, and Claire was to play the title character, a trapeze artist who becomes romantically involved with a circus freak. Jodie Foster was set to direct. Initially Russell Crowe was set to star opposite Claire but he was injured training for the film and replaced by Ewan McGregor. Then the film lost it's funding. But for a while Claire was training on the trapeze at Gaonas Trapeze Workshop. Here are some pics:

Here are some behind the scenes pics from My So Called Life
Old 05-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Claire Danes and make-up artist Matin Maulawizada open up about helping Afghan widows gain independence and get livable wages to move forward with their lives

Claire Danes Talks Homeland, Family & Passion – Katie Couric

Here she is, arriving for the taping, wearing one of the Afgan hands scarves (dailymail):

You can see (and purchase) the scarves on the website Afghan Hands
According to the site:
Quote:
Claire Danes has been Afghan Hands' longest and most loyal supporter. Her unwavering belief in the possibility of empowering even the most disadvantaged and disenfranchised has been helping the women of Afghan Hands to transform their lives. Claire's devotion has inspired her mother, artist & designer Carla Danes, to collaborate and create a modern & luxorious line of shawls to further support our cause.
The scarves are pretty expensive (for me anyway) but some of the ones in the "Classic Collection" are slightly less pricey than the "Collaborative Collection with Claire and Carla Danes" (where all the scarves run for $300)
Old 05-19-2014, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She is an amazing person
Old 05-21-2014, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Some more pics from the Hollywood reporter roundtable:

You can read a full transcript of the discussion and see videos here:
Claire Danes, Julianna Margulies, Keri Russell on Explicit Sex Scenes, Crazy Fans - Hollywood Reporter
Old 05-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

A few more shots from The Hollywood Reporter
Old 06-23-2014, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Those photos are beautiful
Old 06-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loving all the new pics. Thanks for posting !!!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

All's quiet in Claire-world at the moment (probably because she's filming the new season of Homeland in South Africa) so I figured I'd share some older stuff. Mostly it's just random:

A pic and behind the scenes at a NY Times photo shoot in 2013 (click on the thumbnail for a fall pic. Sorry the thumbnail of the first pic makes Claire look headless!)

Claire recently recorded the audio book for Michael Cunningham's new novel The Snow Queen. Fun fact: Cunningham teaches at Yale (where Claire went to school). He wrote the novel, The Hours (Claire appeared in that movie) and the screenplay for Evening (the movie Claire starred in when she met Hugh Dancy) and he officiated at the wedding when Claire and Hugh got married.

Outtake from a photo shoot for The New Yorker

Claire's character's passport in the movie Brokedown Palace (which is why the name on the passport says "Alice Marano")

Claire for photographer Nick Haddow's "Safe" exhibition. The project was inspired by a friend of the photographer who'd been trafficked into slavery and fought to free herself, get an education and a job etc. She and the photographer spoke one day about "safe places" and the feeling of being safe, which is essential to happiness. So he took pics of a bunch of celebrities in their "safe places" and the photographs were auctioned off to raise money for the Helen Bamber Foundation.

Claire on the set of Les Miserables in 1998, with Mimi Newman the actress who played "Young Cosette" (the younger version of Claire's character)

Here are some shots of Claire and Hugh at backstage at Broadway's "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder" with cast members

Last edited by jane smith; 07-08-2014 at 09:12 AM
Old 07-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Season 4 of Homeland premieres on Showtime on October 6th. Here is the trailer:

Here is some of the promotional artwork for the new season:

On another note, congrats to Claire on her Emmy nod for Season 3.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is a great interview with Claire
WTF with Marc Maron Podcast - Episode 520 - Claire Danes

It starts at about 17 minutes in and lasts for about an hour. The interviewer covers a lot with her from her early days at school, problems with bullies, to her first performances (her stage debut was as a duck in a weird avant guarde dance piece in NYC) to how she transitioned from being a dancer to being an actress and back and again, how one informs the other. She speak about what it's like to win (and not win) awards, why she wasn't interested in pursuing the role of Rose in Titanic, why she felt like taking a break from acting to go to college, what it was like returning to Hollywood, as well as working with Leo DiCaprio and Meryl Streep, motherhood, mental illness and more.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

Here's the new Homeland S4 Trailer:

And some more publicity shots

Also Claire is covering the current issue of Marie Claire in South Africa. Click on the thumbnail to see a bigger pic.

The interview is also a good read. She talks about filming Homeland's 4th season in South Africa, her tendency towards playing characters with mental disorders. the roles for women in Hollywood, and the pressure to be the "pretty girl".
Old 08-21-2014, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking pretty good actually.

I was a bit apprehensive about this season to be honest

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top